Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Invisibleman

Hehe jumping castles... Me and my friends would always sneak up behind other kids and we would then all jump at the same time and send them flying into the air:D

Roman Legion

Filling out an application and I get to this clause..

"I hereby authorize them to procure a consumer report and, to the extent permitted by law, make any inquiry into my credit history, motor vehicle driving record, criminal and civil records, prior employment (including contacting prior employers), education as well as other public record information."

So I start to think about what right do they have to my credit history and driving record? I'm applying for a minimum wage job to pump petrol; not a government job. Is it just me, or is this rather excessive? Maybe it is just me.. :/

<EDIT> And they prove my point of pre-emptive sticking it to them.. They make a policy and charge you for it in this clause..

"I hereby authorize -----------, Inc. to deduct $25.00 from my paycheck for repayment of expenses relating to the pre-employment drug test."

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
What makes clowns funny.
Seriously.

They paint their face white, with multi coloured hair, large feet and a large red nose. Thats not funny...thats terrifying.

Vampayah88

I dunno, i think they're pretty funny. :p

creepy-13.gif

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
What makes clowns funny.
Seriously.

They paint their face white, with multi coloured hair, large feet and a large red nose. Thats not funny...thats terrifying.

Have you been reading Stephen King's IT again? :D Sorry... just joking.

KiaKaha

Banned
ARRGGGH

I was just thinking about clowns...and how utterly unhilarious they are. No wonder people have a phobia of them. Anyone seen poltergiest? With that freaky clown that comes to life...

damn clowns...

damn mimes...

dont even get me started on mimes...

Nathália

Mimes? Come on some of them are actually amazing and are professionals mimicking. I would love to have a mime start mimicking me. Yea clowns they do look scary, I don't get joy out of them. I know that they are humans in costumes, but they give me weird feelings. Idk why.

Roman Legion

Did I mention how much I loathe online applications? They are 100 times longer than a paper one because paper costs them money.. UGH! Over an hour now one application and if I don't get the job, I just wasted over an hour of my life for some stupid corporation.. Awesome!

KiaKaha

Banned
^^^^ Job seeking sucks. Online applications suck. Mimes suck, clowns suck, vacuum cleaners suck, everything SUCKS.
Except for the wind...the wind doesnt suck...the wind blows.

Roman Legion

^^^^ Job seeking sucks. Online applications suck. Mimes suck, clowns suck, vacuum cleaners suck, everything SUCKS.
Except for the wind...the wind doesnt suck...the wind blows.

Especially vacuums (Some more than others, depending on the quality of the brand). Dare I add hookers to this list?

Nathália

Did I mention how much I loathe online applications? They are 100 times longer than a paper one because paper costs them money.. UGH! Over an hour now one application and if I don't get the job, I just wasted over an hour of my life for some stupid corporation.. Awesome!

I know. I've filled out online applications before and some of them are more lengthy than others. It could be the same job, but some companies question you to death more than others.

our company's POS device is a client system with the servers and data residing somewhere on the other side of the country - allows our three locations to share realtime data without having to have our own IT department to maintain it

problem is that the printer settings for each client reside on the host server rather than on the individual machines, so anytime something goes amiss and we have to reboot the client, we lose connectivity to the printers until someone on the other end can clear the print spool

or something like that

of course, it always happens in the middle of a very busy day with a line standing at the register - and suddenly we can't print receipts

That sounds like a bigger pain than it should be. But were that to happen on a busy day, how do you solve it? It's not like you can ask an increasingly longer line to just kindly hold for 20 minutes or so.

KiaKaha

Banned
I am agitated.

I am listening to starships we built this city on rock and roll.

If progressive 80's rock doesnt settle me nothing will.

All is lost.