Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

YellowBird

:) i'll be ok,i guess,i wonder if i should continue here on spw,i have all the symptoms and i identify with everything we say here,but i don't know..this feels awkward.

market.garden

of course not!i don't know,i feel like i must not belong here anymore::(:

If you feel like the forum offers you support and you feel like you relate to a lot of the stuff people talk about on here, then maybe that's a reason to stick around? I don't know, I guess it depends on how much you feel you gain from SPW.

YellowBird

before the forum,i was..actually still am in social anxiety support groups on facebook and i've bonded with the people there and i understand how they feel.i guess i'm just confused because this is completely novel for me,before this it was suggested that i was an AvPD,which again is a personality disorder,which differences from social phobia aren't very clear.

market.garden

before the forum,i was..actually still am in social anxiety support groups on facebook and i've bonded with the people there and i understand how they feel.i guess i'm just confused because this is completely novel for me,before this it was suggested that i was an AvPD,which again is a personality disorder,which differences from social phobia aren't very clear.

I take a lot of things from both SA & AvPD - there's a certain crossover of symptoms, but where as before it felt right to attach what I felt to one particular label, I got to the point where I thought "You feel how you feel" regardless of what category the symptoms belong to - which is probably why I've stuck around here.

My own experience is that I always felt worse when I thought I was alone - just knowing there are others who share some of the things I feel takes the edge off it sometimes. It's good that you have support in more than one place though, whether it's SPW or Facebook or wherever :)

planemo

:) i'll be ok,i guess,i wonder if i should continue here on spw,i have all the symptoms and i identify with everything we say here,but i don't know..this feels awkward.

I kinda wonder if i have SPD myself. But symptoms include social anxiety and avoidant behaviour. so you don't have to leave here. and the forums for SPD are really terrible certainly compared to SPW. :)

MikeyC

The Olympics being in London this year make me even happier about the fact I'm going to the other side of the world for 2 weeks ;)
But you'll be back to see some of it, though. You won't miss it all completely! Are you still in the UK or have you left yet?

When the Olympics were in Sydney in 2000, the city was absolutely buzzing. I'm glad I didn't actually live in there because getting around would've been a nightmare!