Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

^^ You guys must be paying a hella lot! :eek:
How do you pay for it?
Wow, 130% more than Canada... makes me want to move to Canada! ha. That must mean we are paying 60% more than they are.
It's ridiculous. I think our bill was $800 last quarter, so we're paying over $3000 a year for electricity. It makes me upset because I don't know how I'm ever going to afford it when I move out (although I would pay less because I'm one person, not a family). There's a lot of uproar here because of it.

It is ridiculous that electricity bills are so high. I have always wondered how people like single mothers can afford things like that. During the winter in Colorado (for example) it gets really, really cold and it is impossible to not have some form of heat on. So it's like they are forced to choose between feeding their kids or keeping the heat on. It is sad.

Speaking of things being too high, gas prices are high too. It is another huge bill added on when you are living on your own. So it's like, food, gas, or heat today? It is sad.
This upsets me because I fear I just will not be able to afford to live. And it's going to get worse.

yeah, it's really more like "artificially tomato-flavored high fructose corn syrup"
Doesn't sound as appetizing on the bottle.

MikeyC

If the heat weren't included in the rent (which it is)
Our heating bill would've probably been another 400.
How do you and your mum afford that?

This is what scares me about leaving home...the fact I'll have no electricity because I won't be able to afford it. Stupid expensive Australia!

WeirdyMcGee

How do you and your mum afford that?

This is what scares me about leaving home...the fact I'll have no electricity because I won't be able to afford it. Stupid expensive Australia!

We live in government housing. It's for low income families.
I've lived it my whole life-- the 'ghetto'. haha
So, we don't have to pay for heating-- it's included.
Our rent is a low fixed sum based on how much we're making; which right now, is nothing.
So our rent is extremely cheap. We do choose to have cable, internet and telephone though-- so we have to pay regular bills for those things; and power/hydro.

One common misconception is that people in government housing are all on welfare - very few are.
Most are one parent families with multiple children and minimum wage jobs who wouldn't be able to afford buying a house or a car.

MikeyC

We live in government housing. It's for low income families.
I've lived it my whole life-- the 'ghetto'. haha
So, we don't have to pay for heating-- it's included.
Our rent is a low fixed sum based on how much we're making; which right now, is nothing.

One common misconception is that people in government housing are all on welfare - very few are.
Most are one parent families with multiple children and minimum wage jobs who wouldn't be able to afford buying a house or a car.
Ah, okay. That's really unfortunate but at least there's some respite for you.

In the ghetto, eh? You should make a rap album! Your rapper name will be "Mac G". :)

WeirdyMcGee

In the ghetto, eh? You should make a rap album! Your rapper name will be "Mac G". :)

pfff-- it's a small town ghetto; not a scary city one
There would be no street cred to be had. (plus, I don't like rap music...)
...used syringes on the ground. Park smells like pee.
Yo', bitches and ho's-- this ain't where I wanna beee!

MikeyC

pfff-- it's a small town ghetto; not a scary city one
There would be no street cred to be had. (plus, I don't like rap music...)
...used syringes on the ground. Park smells like pee.
Yo', bitches and ho's-- this ain't where I wanna beee!
See, you're a natural! ;)

Blueman Group is absolutely amazing!!! Go see them if you ever get the chance

I saw them off-Broadway in NYC in 2004. It was amazing. One of the best experiences of my life. And instead of signing our Playbills, they planted a big blue kiss on them as their signatures. :D I also ended up covered in toilet paper and my shoes and Playbill got covered in squished bananas. That's all I'm going to say about the experience. ;)

I'm going to see The Hunger Games with a couple of friends and a bunch of my sister's friends tonight! I'm super excited.

this_portrait

Thanks for the support, Feeling_Nothing and simpsons2007!

It's a photo assistant job for a studio (which seems to have some good credibility, from what I've looked up about it).