Re: catastrophizing

It scares me when I slip off my balance my sense of self
and I fear that I won't get it back
and I fear that I'll become tedious to others
and I fear that I'll become tedious to myself
and I fear that I'll slide back into some dark hole and never find my way out

no matter how unlikely
I fear

Fear is all about what's in the future. You fear it because you don't know it and because there's nothing you can do about it yet, but the reality is that in the present, things are always easier to deal with, so even if any of those things do happen, you'll deal with them.
I feel like none of that ^ made sense but I hope you understand what I mean.

My random thought is that I need to do something about how squeaky this chair is.

Aletheia

I feel like none of that ^ made sense but I hope you understand what I mean.

That absolutely makes sense, and rationally I know this, but sometimes my fears get the better of me and I lose all objectivity.

Hope you manage to unsqueek your chair.

WeirdyMcGee

For example, a big Australian story is how we're paying 130% more for electricity than Canada, and 70% more than America. That's all over the news. That makes me angry because how the hell am I supposed to afford to pay for that when I move out? It's ridiculous.

wow... where does your electricity come from?
Ours come from dams, mostly-- since we have so many lakes and rivers and things. And yet--- we sell our power to the States and then buy it back? Same with our oil.
So stupid. haha

How do you pay for it?
Get an apartment with utilities included!

MsBuzzkillington

For example, a big Australian story is how we're paying 130% more for electricity than Canada, and 70% more than America. That's all over the news. That makes me angry because how the hell am I supposed to afford to pay for that when I move out? It's ridiculous.

Wow, 130% more than Canada... makes me want to move to Canada! ha. That must mean we are paying 60% more than they are.

It is ridiculous that electricity bills are so high. I have always wondered how people like single mothers can afford things like that. During the winter in Colorado (for example) it gets really, really cold and it is impossible to not have some form of heat on. So it's like they are forced to choose between feeding their kids or keeping the heat on. It is sad.

Speaking of things being too high, gas prices are high too. It is another huge bill added on when you are living on your own. So it's like, food, gas, or heat today? It is sad.

Also, I think I may have been way off topic with what you guys were mostly talking about but I wanted to comment on that.

GhoulsNightOut

I'm gonna go waste some gas by making this short trip to get Mexican food for dinner...and it really is wasting gas because obviously I could be making my own meal but I just woke up from a nap at 9ish so I'm feelin' lazy, and my car is an old guzzler and gas prices have spiked and oh yeah, I quit my bull**** job tomorrow! So....I should be saving every penny I've got but dammit I am pissed off, unhappy and craving for something with carnitas so anything right now that can offer me a bit of comfort and cheering up would be nice so **** it!!

coyote

yesssssssssss.... yes.
I was never the biggest fan.
I prefer my Barbe-sauce.

the best:

danainfo.ambkodhuyxikzxmq32sslsbr-original-bottle-580cs070910.jpg