Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

Yeah, I only wish all jobs could be initially applied for online. Saves the humiliation of being rejected straight away being face to face :/
I get physically sick when I have to hand my Resume in face to face::(:
I understand. I don't get physically sick...because I never make it to that stage of handing it in. It's awful. Have you had to do that recently?

I understand. I don't get physically sick...because I never make it to that stage of handing it in. It's awful. Have you had to do that recently?

Every fortnight to get my benefits yes. It's a nightmare.
Your lucky though as they can see that you are in a job at the moment.:)

MikeyC

Every fortnight to get my benefits yes. It's a nightmare.
Your lucky though as they can see that you are in a job at the moment.:)
Aw, I reckon that would be worse! I'm sorry to hear that but unfortunately these are things we have to do. ::(:

My job is not that great but hopefully it'll be something. Anything that's going to help me will be a goldmine because I have no experience.

jonas89

Huuh what is with this weather here just a really bad storm and earthquakes, this is going to be a great night.

DeadmanWalking

I feel somewhat accomplished. I went to the self-defense thing and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be:). I mean, there were a lot of girls there, but at least I wasn't the only guy! Of course, I got kicked out because they don't teach self-defense to guys. Something about "training the enemy":rolleyes:. I feel discriminated somewhat. Oh well!

Oh, and because I'm feeling it, I'll give myself a pat on the back as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RoWVAaDf0

Last edited:
I feel somewhat accomplished. I went to the self-defense thing and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be:). I mean, there were a lot of girls there, but at least I wasn't the only guy! Of course, I got kicked out because they don't teach self-defense to guys. Something about "training the enemy":rolleyes:. I feel discriminated somewhat. Oh well!

You said that you weren't the only guy there, did the other guys get kicked out too? Was it advertised as girls only? Is there someone higher up in that organisation you can make a complaint too?

DeadmanWalking

You said that you weren't the only guy there, did the other guys get kicked out too? Was it advertised as girls only? Is there someone higher up in that organisation you can make a complaint too?

Yes, the other guys got kicked out too. I'm not sure. I mean, I received an e-mail about it and I saw a paper ad for it too. The paper had silhouettes of women on it, so I suppose that was its "girls only" advertisement. I'm not going to report this because I don't feel that it's that important. It's kinda sexist, yeah, but it's not that bad. I can always go learn martial arts or something. Thanks for worrying though:).

WeirdyMcGee

It's kinda sexist, yeah, but it's not that bad. I can always go learn martial arts or something. Thanks for worrying though:).

When I did women's self defense; most of the class was filled with women who had been sexually assaulted or abused by men... so the only men in the class were the instructor's assistants (who were the ones we beat up) because the mindset of most of the women in the class is-- 'attack that bastard! Be prepared for the next loser!'

I don't think it's anything against you as a person, but if it was a class specifically for women, they should have advertised that it was women only.

Most of the moves were about crushing, squeezing and destroying a guy's manhood anyways... so I doubt you would have wanted to be in the room for that. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest you try Judo for self defense!

MikeyC

Must've been a girls-only thing. If not you and the other guys should be suspicious.

When I did women's self defense; most of the class was filled with women who had been sexually assaulted or abused by men... so the only men in the class were the instructor's assistants (who were the ones we beat up) because the mindset of most of the women in the class is-- 'attack that bastard! Be prepared for the next loser!'
As someone who went to these classes, do you think this is detrimental to a woman's recovery? I mean, getting sexually assaulted is terrible and unthinkable, but telling a woman that every guy is a loser and he must be fought against seems like a bad mindset to be taught. Do you agree or am I reading too much into it?

WeirdyMcGee

As someone who went to these classes, do you think this is detrimental to a woman's recovery? I mean, getting sexually assaulted is terrible and unthinkable, but telling a woman that every guy is a loser and he must be fought against seems like a bad mindset to be taught. Do you agree or am I reading too much into it?

No, no...
I think the overall atmosphere in class is more of a mob mentality, kinda-- I mean, it's meant to be both educational AND a way to get out any of the anger and stress you may be going through due to any previous attacks.
It's a way to gain experience and feel strong so that you don't have to be afraid of being unprepared or allowing what happened in the past to happen again.

It's relieving.
Once you leave the class, things seem to feel lighter.

There are self defense classes for both men and women-- those ones are not primarily focused on 'weak points', but holds and more actual defensive moves.

MikeyC

No, no...
I think the overall atmosphere in class is more of a mob mentality, kinda-- I mean, it's meant to be both educational AND a way to get out any of the anger and stress you may be going through due to any previous attacks.
It's a way to gain experience and feel strong so that you don't have to be afraid of being unprepared or allowing what happened in the past to happen again.

It's relieving.
Once you leave the class, things seem to feel lighter.

There are self defense classes for both men and women-- those ones are not primarily focused on 'weak points', but holds and more actual defensive moves.
Ah, okay, I get you. it just struck me as a "all men are rapists, therefore they all must be destroyed" kind of thing. Teaching good defensive moves is a great way to go and if everyone feels relieved, then it's obviously working. It would be better to be prepared for the next attack, too.

I also agree that always attacking our manhood is going to topple us. That hurts so much. Haha.

I also agree that always attacking our manhood is going to topple us. That hurts so much. Haha.

...so the only men in the class were the instructor's assistants (who were the ones we beat up)....

I was just thinking how sorry I feel for the guys who were there as the Instructor's assistants who have to take all the women practicing the moves on their "manhood"!:eek: I hope they get paid well!!:D;)

Just finished off this big bag of white popcorn. That should be enough to keep my appetite at bay for the rest of the night.

I'm eating frozen Reese's peanut butter Christmas trees. My mom bought a whole bunch of them after Christmas when they were on clearance and froze them. They are yummy, but so so so bad. ::eek::

Shyangel

I've had some fun today with my niece, sisters, and mom outside because, again, the weather was nice..
This day was extra beautiful..Not because it was sunny, or had a blue sky. It was beautiful, because it had none of those things. The sky was dark and gray with swirling clouds and the air was cool with a breeze. There was a bit of moister in the air due to the oncoming storm. All of that not typically beautiful, was today.

Another random, sad, thought.

Guns N' Roses is playing in Atlanta tomorrow!! Kind of awesome, but I'm not sure I want to see them without the original line up..It's just not the same. On the other hand, this could be my only chance to hear Guns N' Roses live with Axl Rose singing...And it's likely my family can't afford it, so putting much thought into it is pointless...You never know, might as well be prepared.

DeadmanWalking

I've had some fun today with my niece, sisters, and mom outside because, again, the weather was nice..
This day was extra beautiful..Not because it was sunny, or had a blue sky. It was beautiful, because it had none of those things. The sky was dark and gray with swirling clouds and the air was cool with a breeze. There was a bit of moister in the air due to the oncoming storm. All of that not typically beautiful, was today.

Another random, sad, thought.

Guns N' Roses is playing in Atlanta tomorrow!! Kind of awesome, but I'm not sure I want to see them without the original line up..It's just not the same. On the other hand, this could be my only chance to hear Guns N' Roses live with Axl Rose singing...And it's likely my family can't afford it, so putting much thought into it is pointless...You never know, might as well be prepared.

It's good that you had some fun with the family:). And even storms have beauty in them (if you're thinking like people like Walt Whitman):). I personally think that there is some level of beauty to it. And you should get prepared to go to the Guns N' Roses concert, even if it may not have the original cast. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime event, so take hold of it:D. Ask your parents if you can go.