Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

My father is sited right behind me, obviously just to watch what am I watching on the computer. You can imagine how damn annoying is that.

Phoenixx

Rather than do some homework this morning, I decided to take a 2 hour nap. XP Had the weirdest freaking dream. It was a dream within a dream within a dream. No I'm not kidding. Never had an Inception experience before. I woke up seriously confused.

Shyangel

I didn't set my alarm last night. ::(: I woke up too late, so no class today. Second week in and I'm already missing a class. Stupid! >.<

Oh well. It's a really rainy, yucky, muddy day anyway. Not like I want to be out there. I'll try to keep busy to make up for it.
At least you don't have to go out in that horrible weather.
That sucks, Phoenixx.::(: I'm sure you will make up for it.:)
Sometimes I think there needs to be an alarm to set the alarm. Haha.::p:

I destroyed my computer mouse.

My arm was aching like hell, and then the mouse started to drag. Before I even knew that it was getting frustrated I had already throw it again the wall. I tried to fix it, but I just ended up ripping it apart beyond repair.

Good thing I have my tablet here which I can use as mouse until I have a replacement.

Kathryn.fr

I got glasses, my friends coming to see me at 4 today at the greyhound til 6. Haven't seen him sense... idk. It's been like a couple years.

Worker at mcdonalds almost gave me a bacon cheeseburger instead of a Junior chicken. Good thing he realized right after he gave me my food. :rolleyes:

lonely_drummer

I got glasses, my friends coming to see me at 4 today at the greyhound til 6. Haven't seen him sense... idk. It's been like a couple years.

yay! thats always exciting. I love it when friends have a layover here for a while, plus the greyhound is just down the hill from me

this_portrait

I talked to my professor about my senior project today and basically talked briefly to him about my SA and how I would kinda like to focus my project more on that. While I feel a bit embarrassed about talking to him about it, I'm not dwelling on it. It's like there's a voice in my head telling me I shouldn't have brought it up, but it's very distant.

He thinks I should do a series on the feelings particularly associated with SAD and create images based off of that, rather than simply depict symptoms. For some reason, he seems to think my abstract work is more effective and that I should make my senior project kinda like that. I don't think I'd mind that, considering I don't want to be blatantly obvious in telling my experiences to practically the whole world. I'd rather be a bit more vague about it, rather than come out and say, "I have social anxiety disorder, and that's what my project is about."

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Can't tell if procrastinating...or avoiding

Two sides of the same coin my friend. Procrastinating is just short-term avoidance. I think with a lot of avoidant behavior we know we have to do it eventually, but put it off with the hope that it'll work itself out on it's own somehow.

*prays that homework fairies are are hard at work at my small mountain of assignments*

lonely_drummer

I talked to my professor about my senior project today and basically talked briefly to him about my SA and how I would kinda like to focus my project more on that. While I feel a bit embarrassed about talking to him about it, I'm not dwelling on it. It's like there's a voice in my head telling me I shouldn't have brought it up, but it's very distant.

He thinks I should do a series on the feelings particularly associated with SAD and create images based off of that, rather than simply depict symptoms. For some reason, he seems to think my abstract work is more effective and that I should make my senior project kinda like that. I don't think I'd mind that, considering I don't want to be blatantly obvious in telling my experiences to practically the whole world. I'd rather be a bit more vague about it, rather than come out and say, "I have social anxiety disorder, and that's what my project is about."

That sounds awesome and I agree with him, being more vague and abstract can actually help connect with more people generally. Like not everyone has SA but everyone does understand how public speaking can be pretty daunting. This sounds really interesting though, good luck with it!!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Random theory: I've always wondered why I've liked such a wide variety of music, including many songs that seem out-of-character for me. Maybe it's the social psychologist in me, picking up bits of information about people and life and stuff from what's being conveyed in their songs. This just came to me though, there's probably huge gaping holes in my thinking ::p:

MikeyC

Rather than do some homework this morning, I decided to take a 2 hour nap. XP Had the weirdest freaking dream. It was a dream within a dream within a dream. No I'm not kidding. Never had an Inception experience before. I woke up seriously confused.
At least it was something cool to remember when you woke up. :)

Random theory: I've always wondered why I've liked such a wide variety of music, including many songs that seem out-of-character for me. Maybe it's the social psychologist in me, picking up bits of information about people and life and stuff from what's being conveyed in their songs. This just came to me though, there's probably huge gaping holes in my thinking ::p:

..And that's what she said! Nuk, nuk, nuk.

*hangs head in shame*

this_portrait

That sounds awesome and I agree with him, being more vague and abstract can actually help connect with more people generally. Like not everyone has SA but everyone does understand how public speaking can be pretty daunting. This sounds really interesting though, good luck with it!!

Thanks. :) At the moment I'm compiling a list of 8 different aspects (mostly emotional ones) of social anxiety disorder. I'm going by things that I myself have experienced, but for the most part others should be able to relate.

One idea for a photo that I plan on shooting this weekend is one of myself sitting on the floor with my back facing the camera. I will be facing a black background, and there will be minimal lighting. I'll pose however I see fit. I'm going to run the picture through Photoshop and put in white handwritten type the word "rude" all over the black background. I plan on having that be kind of an illustration of negative self-perceptions (or thinking that others think a certain way about you).

Aletheia

Suffice to say I would of thought dealing with people who are suicidal would need selfless compassion - not a judgement and a label of being selfish.

Given that suicides were traditionally consigned to an unconsecrated grave and the agonies of hell for all eternity, any compassion is an improvement.

I dont think I am very smart.

It requires a degree of intelligence to be frustrated with ones intelligence.

Aletheia

ll_2_richworldproblems.com_67779_1327874406.jpg

I wonder why it happens to me so much >.>

I run away from people on chat because I find chat really scary.

In the big bad wide world, I just pretend I didn't see them.

Here I'll sometimes try to explain, because people here sometimes get it.

Srijita52

Thanks. :) At the moment I'm compiling a list of 8 different aspects (mostly emotional ones) of social anxiety disorder. I'm going by things that I myself have experienced, but for the most part others should be able to relate.

One idea for a photo that I plan on shooting this weekend is one of myself sitting on the floor with my back facing the camera. I will be facing a black background, and there will be minimal lighting. I'll pose however I see fit. I'm going to run the picture through Photoshop and put in white handwritten type the word "rude" all over the black background. I plan on having that be kind of an illustration of negative self-perceptions (or thinking that others think a certain way about you).

It seems amazing portrait. Good luck and tell us how it went :)

lonely_drummer

Ooooooo, I like I like. Sounds like you've found your path for this project

Shyangel

I'm feeling the best I have in a long time, I don't know why, but it's okay with me.
I haven't been able to feel some real joy even on a small level for a while.
I never laugh, smile, or have fun. If I do, it's forced and I'm not really enjoying it.
I'm glad I can now remember how it is to have emotion and feel alive even if it's only very little. Is this how normal people feel all the time? That's why there always so happy.
Happiness does feel good, I want more.