Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

twiggle

It disappoints me when people say one thing to one person, and then something totally different to another.
Hmm.
That's my random thought/feeling

Apotheosis

It disappoints me when people say one thing to one person, and then something totally different to another.
Hmm.

I learned a new word recently: 'unctuous'.

I think it perfectly describes that type of person, of which I know too many.

MrJones

Hmm.
Trust the wrong person and you're dead, stabbed in the back.

Trust the right person and you'll be thankful for life.

How to see who is what? I don't know.

Aletheia

Pablo Picasso, Guernica, 1937, oil on canvas

guernica.jpg

this image doesn't reflect the overwhelming power of the painting itself, which takes up an entire wall

Aletheia

a propos of nothing

The decision to ship white headphones with iPods was a stroke of marketing genius.

They're so easy to see, you spot them and think, "that person is listening to his or her iPod". Might lead you to the associated thoughts, "I should listen to my iPod", "I should download some apps for my iPod", or even, "I should buy a new iPod". Great way to keep the idea in people's heads.

twiggle

Trust the wrong person and you're dead, stabbed in the back.

Trust the right person and you'll be thankful for life.

How to see who is what? I don't know.

It's not really as deep as trust, or being stabbed in the back. It's just a general observation.

MrJones

It's not really as deep as trust, or being stabbed in the back. It's just a general observation.
In life it all depends. Maybe it is just a misunderstanding.

Anyway since I realized I can't even trust myself, I realized too that people can do bad things to you without intention or even noticing.

Talk to that person about it, maybe it was a mistake, maybe he/she was lying. Anyway the best way to solve such things (in my opinion) is to talk about it (something that a lot of people don't seem to like).

You had a lovely smile.

"But what did you do?
What did you say?
Did you walk or did you run away?
Where are you now?
Where have you been?
Did you come alone or did you bring a friend?

I believe whenever I see you smiling
Because it's easily one of the hardest things to do
Your worries and fears become your friends
And they end up smiling at you
Put on a smiley face...."

Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces - YouTube

Re: a propos of nothing

The decision to ship white headphones with iPods was a stroke of marketing genius.

They're so easy to see, you spot them and think, "that person is listening to his or her iPod". Might lead you to the associated thoughts, "I should listen to my iPod", "I should download some apps for my iPod", or even, "I should buy a new iPod". Great way to keep the idea in people's heads.

It was actually probably because everything Apple makes is white.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Homework email K-mart Lab talking tired eyes interview confused contemplative.

Those are my [not-so-] random thoughts.

Re: a propos of nothing

We always have the freedom to chose what to buy in the end. The problem is not the genius marketing but on our values, the ones that are teached us.

Re: Pablo Picasso, Guernica, 1937, oil on canvas

I learned a new word recently: 'unctuous'.

I think it perfectly describes that type of person, of which I know too many.

Could someone spare me the backbreaking moments that it takes to type "dictionary.com" and tell me what unctuous means? ;)

guernica.jpg

this image doesn't reflect the overwhelming power of the painting itself, which takes up an entire wall

Guernica! One of my favorites. I love the story behind it. Well, I don't love what happened, but the fact that Picasso was compelled to paint this massive thing in honor of it.

It probably has something to do with fat and greasy, slippery. That's the first thing that comes to mind since "untuoso" in Portuguese and Spanish is quite similar.

You made me have to look! But you are right!

unc·tu·ous
   [uhngk-choo-uhs]
adjective
characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, especially in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug.
of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy.
having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals.