Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

KiaKaha

Banned
^^ well done mate. I think you came across really well ad explained what SAD was very clearly. Good on you for getting on camera to help spread awareness.

Aletheia

Fiona Harvey and Juliette Jowit, "Fruit and vegetable consumption by poorer families falls 30%, figures show", The Guardian, 22 January 2012

Lower income families in the UK have cut their consumption of fruit and vegetables by nearly a third in the wake of the recession and rising food prices, to just over half of the five-a-day portions that the government recommends for a healthy diet.... Women are likely to be the worst hit by the fall, as research shows mothers tend to deny themselves meals to give more to their children....

Food inflation over recent years has been fuelled by high energy prices, changing consumption patterns around the world, weather patterns and speculation in the commodity markets. Last year, food price inflation reached about 4%.

::(: ......

Turn out you can't change language in Windows 7 Home Premium. So I'm stuck with Dutch, and a inoperative Speech Recognition utility. Damnit, I knew I should have bought the native English version. Grr.

well, my kitty's been yowling randomly, so... not quite non-stop. :p
she's very glad to see me but i think she's experiencing some separation anxiety. poor thing.

i missed a connecting flight due to delays that were beyond my control. i missed the last train out of my local airport to my neighborhood due to getting in so late. grrr, just a frustrating experience. i'm one of those folks who can't sleep on a plane or in an airport, unfortunately.

i'm glad to be back in my bed. i think i'm enjoying it a bit too much. :/

Oh don't fret about that, as long as it doesn't get in the way of any important responsibilities you just go ahead and sleep-et-up, yo.

It's one of those blissful things. Life is busy enough, if anything it's good to compensate once in a while. ;3

On pins and needles watching the SF 49ers vs NY Giants game! Tied 17-17 and going into overtime. Go Niners!!!

Sorry, Charlie. I was rooting for you guys. I don't want to see yet another East Coast, ass kissing sports championship, but that is what where going to get. Boston vs. New York City. Yawn. :rolleyes:

I have the biggest headache.

1BlackSheep

Sorry, Charlie. I was rooting for you guys. I don't want to see yet another East Coast, ass kissing sports championship, but that is what where going to get. Boston vs. New York City. Yawn. :rolleyes:

I have the biggest headache.
Awwww - thanks! Sucks losing, especially on our home turf!

I'm looking forward to Spring Training - more of a baseball gal myself! :)

Sorry about the headache!

Awwww - thanks! Sucks losing, especially on our home turf!

I'm looking forward to Spring Training - more of a baseball gal myself! :)

Sorry about the headache!

Oh goodness, I can't wait for spring training. I'm definitely a baseball girl! Unfortunately, I'm a Cubs girl. So if you ever need tips about dealing with losing, I'm your go-to gal. :)

MikeyC

That's the cool thing about America - you have a lot of sports to follow. In Australia if you don't like rugby league or AFL (not both!) you're a chump.

That's the cool thing about America - you have a lot of sports to follow. In Australia if you don't like rugby league or AFL (not both!) you're a chump.

Yes, but Aussie rules football is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever watched. On very rare occasions, they'll show a game over here.

MikeyC

Yes, but Aussie rules football is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever watched. On very rare occasions, they'll show a game over here.
I like it but boy there's a lot of fighting on-field. Hothead males. I'm always surprised when non-Australians say they enjoy that sport. It seems only strange enough for this country!

1BlackSheep

Oh goodness, I can't wait for spring training. I'm definitely a baseball girl! Unfortunately, I'm a Cubs girl. So if you ever need tips about dealing with losing, I'm your go-to gal. :)
Hee hee - SF Giants fans knew all about losing until 2010! :)

If you're ever visiting San Fran during baseball season, you must see a game at AT&T Park - it's so much fun!!!

Mikey, do they show American baseball on TV in Australia? I can see Mikey wearing the "dual fan" hat with Cubbies on one side and Giants on the other! :D