Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I like it but boy there's a lot of fighting on-field. Hothead males. I'm always surprised when non-Australians say they enjoy that sport. It seems only strange enough for this country!

Yeah, not a fan of the fighting. But there's some nasty fights in American sports, too. And a lot of them are overpaid, wannabe thugs. But that is a rant for another day. Do you ever watch women's sports? I know you guys have a kick ass national basketball team!

MikeyC

Yeah, not a fan of the fighting. But there's some nasty fights in American sports, too. And a lot of them are overpaid, wannabe thugs. But that is a rant for another day. Do you ever watch women's sports? I know you guys have a kick ass national basketball team!
Women's sports get absolutely no coverage. Unless it's something like tennis, I hardly ever see it. I don't watch that much sport, and I didn't even know our women's basketball team was that good! ::p:

I kind of follow the NBL and wouldn't even mind watching a game of basketball live. I go for the Wollongong Wolves because I live very close to Wollongong...and oh look they're coming dead last! :rolleyes:

I didn't even know our women's basketball team was that good!

You only have two of the best players on the planet! I'm about to geek out over basketball, so if this doesn't interest you, move along!

There's Lauren Jackson, aka LJ, Loz, Lozza, LoJack, and "tall pretty blonde girl with a filthy mouth."

lauren_jackson_wnba_mvp_award.jpg

And then there's Penny Taylor, aka PT, PFT, Penelope Jane, "the ledge," and "not quite as tall pretty blonde girl with a filthy mouth."

penny-taylor_medium.JPG

And the uniforms. OMG, the uniforms, if you can even call them that. I can't believe that doesn't get more attention!

australian-womens-basketball-uniforms_display_image.jpg

Img214580151.jpg

MikeyC

Okay, I've heard of Lauren Jackson, but I think she's playing in the rich league in America now. Never heard of Penny Taylor, though.

Aren't the uniforms like that everywhere in the world? Haha. I thought they might have been.

Okay, I've heard of Lauren Jackson, but I think she's playing in the rich league in America now. Never heard of Penny Taylor, though.

Aren't the uniforms like that everywhere in the world? Haha. I thought they might have been.

Actually, they really don't make much here. Most of the money is coming from Europe. When the WNBA season is over, most of them go over there and play for the extra money.

And no, no one else wears unis like that. ;)

MikeyC

Actually, they really don't make much here. Most of the money is coming from Europe. When the WNBA season is over, most of them go over there and play for the extra money.

And no, no one else wears unis like that. ;)
Ah, I didn't know that. I thought most of the money would come from the American leagues.

Haha I guess Australia likes to sexualise the sport more than the rest of the world.

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought most of the money would come from the American leagues.

Haha I guess Australia likes to sexualise the sport more than the rest of the world.

Women's sports aren't all that popular here, either. ::(: So many different leagues have folded and teams have gone bankrupt. It makes me sad.

....So, new topic, eh? Who likes gnomes?

MikeyC

Women's sports aren't all that popular here, either. ::(: So many different leagues have folded and teams have gone bankrupt. It makes me sad.
Yeah, the men's leagues are always seemingly better, no matter the sport (except possibly netball, haha). It's unfortunate for the ladies out there.

Phoenixx

I think I'm going to really like my Psychology class. :) My professor is pretty cool, definitely funny.

Still feeling really nervous though. Sitting in the corner of the library right now. I wanted to go to a lounge, but all of them were pretty full with people already this morning. I should say though that the people here are A LOT friendlier. At least what I've experienced so far.

Srijita52

I think I'm going to really like my Psychology class. :) My professor is pretty cool, definitely funny.

Still feeling really nervous though. Sitting in the corner of the library right now. I wanted to go to a lounge, but all of them were pretty full with people already this morning. I should say though that the people here are A LOT friendlier. At least what I've experienced so far.

That's great Phoenixx! Glad to know its all going good for you :)

GhastlyCC

Feeling pretty depressed today.
I always do really...But it's bad today.::(:
Thinking of a future that is sure to be bleak will do that to you.

Kathryn.fr

I'm pretty happy today. Next Monday I get my first pair of eye glasses, so excited! Hehe. I dyed my hair green not long ago too :) people look at me more often now, but it's not like a disgusted look. Although I really want to know what they think at that moment of seeing me.

MrJones

First real challenge from my psychologist.
Aaand also I'm going to be part of a therapy group. Hope it goes well.

I have to thank again to a couple of people in this site that encouraged me to go to therapy. Thanks a lot :)

lonely_drummer

I'm pretty happy today. Next Monday I get my first pair of eye glasses, so excited! Hehe. I dyed my hair green not long ago too :) people look at me more often now, but it's not like a disgusted look. Although I really want to know what they think at that moment of seeing me.

Yay for green hair!!!!!

Phoenixx

First real challenge from my psychologist.
Aaand also I'm going to be part of a therapy group. Hope it goes well.

I have to thank again to a couple of people in this site that encouraged me to go to therapy. Thanks a lot :)
^ Good luck! :) I'm sure it will go fine.

MrJones

^ Good luck! :) I'm sure it will go fine.
It will be in a month or so, I still have time to get ready and prepare myself so I can be able to talk about... whatever they talk (I'm sure I'll end up trying to help the other people and forgetting about myself lol).
Anyway it's a group only for youg people, 18-30 years old, I think it can make it easier.

vexatiousmind

Gonna take a short nap before I go talk to this lady about getting a job at a dentist office. I was super nervous this morning when I called her, but it helped ease some of my anxiety to go talk to her.
Then I need to go turn in my application at a hardware store my dad's gf referred me to. She knows them pretty well, and has already spoken to them about me.

So one of these should be promising.

....I'll stress about the interviews later, since I don't know know if they will call me yet. JK It's already making me nervous. :p