Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Telling me there are people worse off than me... eh, what exactly does that achieve? Am I'm supposed to feel better about my own disability in some way? If so, why?

We had many books that were destined for the bin yesterday and today, but we didn't had anywhere to put them. So, instead of shoving them in a corner somewhere, I decided to have a little fun with it.

AjEYNaaCMAA3ESW.jpg:large

https://p.twimg.com/AjEYNaaCMAA3ESW.jpg:large

How do I still have this job? It's beyond me.

MsBuzzkillington

Decided I wanted to try and writing in a blog again. I remembered my username and password from a blog I started a long time ago. The last post was in 2009, the first post was in 2004. While I was reading the first entry, I was like... there's no way this was me typing. It sounds so childish and silly. I sounded like a teenie bopper or something, even though I wasn't *that* young. Also I apparently didn't know how to capitalize my I's.

The first post was talking about a friend that I hadn't talked to in months and I text messaged her to see if she was pregnant. I guess she had a miscarriage and the doctor told her she needed to gain weight. But, I really don't remember who that was. I wish I put a name to it.

In response to the post two above me, I think they are trying to help put things in perspective for you without realizing how difficult it actually is to have SA/depression/GAD. They are trying to help you see how good things in your life may be and to not dwell on the negative (not to say you are). I know it's not that simple, but most people don't realize that.

We had many books that were destined for the bin yesterday and today, but we didn't had anywhere to put them. So, instead of shoving them in a corner somewhere, I decided to have a little fun with it.

AjEYNaaCMAA3ESW.jpg:large

How do I still have this job? It's beyond me.

^awww a book flower! :cool:

How can anyone contemplate throwing books in the bin!!?? thats dreadful! What a selfish waste.:mad: (I am not angry at you puma, but the organisation you work for)

Can't they just put them in boxs and donate them to a charity place?::(:

Last edited:
^awww a book flower! :cool:

How can anyone contemplate throwing books in the bin!!?? thats dreadful! What a selfish waste.:mad: (I am not angry at you puma, but the organisation you work for)

Can't they just put them in boxs and donate them to a charity place?::(:

They don't go in the bin specifically. Rather they go in crates and get transported to a different location. What happens to them there, I'm not quite sure. I heard rumors about them being sold to other recycle shops. I kinda hope that's true.

''Binning'' is the general term I use personally since they clutter whatever little space I have to work with. ::p:

They don't go in the bin specifically. Rather they go in crates and get transported to a different location. What happens to them there, I'm not quite sure. I heard rumors about them being sold to other recycle shops. I kinda hope that's true.

''Binning'' is the general term I use personally since they clutter whatever little space I have to work with. ::p:

ahhhhhh, well thats a relief.:D

KiaKaha

Banned
I am wondering - whether or not our perceived reality is based on our experiences and conclusions that we have come to about the world. I often wonder what makes people so different from one another... I also wonder how anyone can be so certain that any conclusion they make...is actually correct.

Sartana

I really hate it when people post pictures of abused animals on my facebook feed. I really understand that it happens. Link me to details of animal rights rallies and things by all means, but if it's just pictures it's going to depress and anger me all day.

MikeyC

I really hate it when people post pictures of abused animals on my facebook feed. I really understand that it happens. Link me to details of animal rights rallies and things by all means, but if it's just pictures it's going to depress and anger me all day.
Yeah, that would upset me, too.

Srijita52

^lol it sure is ;) Good luck btw!
My heart goes out when adults curse children for being shy or not being popular. Shyness itself is very painful even for grown-ups. Children should not be abused for it.

JustWannaLove

I hope that one day i'll be able to love myself more and find someone who i'll be able to be my true self with, and that they'd love me for me and bring out the best in me. :]

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Lana Del Rey is going to be on SNL tonight! I think I'll watch it live at home on the big screen instead of waiting and watching it at school on my laptop later. :D

Aletheia

alone together

Research strongly suggests that people are more creative when they enjoy privacy and freedom from interruption. And the most spectacularly creative people in many fields are often introverted.... Solitude has long been associated with creativity and transcendence. “Without great solitude, no serious work is possible,” Picasso said. A central narrative of many religions is the seeker — Moses, Jesus, Buddha — who goes off by himself and brings profound insights back to the community....

Studies show that open-plan offices make workers hostile, insecure and distracted.... And people whose work is interrupted make 50 percent more mistakes and take twice as long to finish it.... What distinguished programmers at the top-performing companies wasn’t greater experience or better pay. It was how much privacy, personal workspace and freedom from interruption they enjoyed....

The one important exception to [brainstorming's] dismal record is electronic brainstorming, where large groups outperform individuals; and the larger the group the better. The protection of the screen mitigates many problems of group work. This is why the Internet has yielded such wondrous collective creations. Marcel Proust called reading a “miracle of communication in the midst of solitude,” and that’s what the Internet is, too. It’s a place where we can be alone together — and this is precisely what gives it power.

- Susan Cain, 'The Rise of the New Groupthink', New York Times, January 13 2012

Last edited:
I went snowboarding today. Lots of fun. I suck at it badly, but I enjoy it. I like to play chicken with myself. I live on a lake, so I went to a hill towards the very end where the lake starts and is surrounded by trees. I'd start at the top of the hill and see how close to the trees and the lake I could get before bailing out. That is if I even made it to the bottom of the hill. I mostly fell on my arse halfway down.

I also let my sister highlight my hair with a reddish brown color. It's kind of hard to see unless you see it in the right light, but I like it.

DeadmanWalking

I went snowboarding today. Lots of fun. I suck at it badly, but I enjoy it. I like to play chicken with myself. I live on a lake, so I went to a hill towards the very end where the lake starts and is surrounded by trees. I'd start at the top of the hill and see how close to the trees and the lake I could get before bailing out. That is if I even made it to the bottom of the hill. I mostly fell on my arse halfway down.

I also let my sister highlight my hair with a reddish brown color. It's kind of hard to see unless you see it in the right light, but I like it.

I've always wanted to go snowboarding, it seems a lot cooler than skiing for me. So how hard was it to snowboard? Are you drinking/eating something warm right now? And you should post that highlight of yours on here; I'd like to see it:)!

On an added note, I just died in this game two times in a row! I need more experience, but I don't think my characters can stand up against some of these monsters. *sigh* Well, I'll complete this dungeon before the night's over, but how many will still be alive (and how much money will I have) at the end?

Last edited:

MikeyC

I really wish my friends were more responsible. I told the taxi driver to take one of my friends back tonight and now i have to spend the rest of the day worrying wether they will or not. I have work tommorow and im going to be sat worrying about this. God dammit. Why do I have to be 'The sensible one.' I'm sick of playing that role. I was really getting along with a bunch of people before my friend passed out too. It's really not helping me at all.

Which leads me to this... Why am I always the responsible one? Why is this my set role? I'm sick of it... It's almost as if the more and more friends I get the less people I begin to connect with on any meaningful level because I'm stuck in the 'sensible friend' role. How depressing.
If you're tired of being the sensible one, tell your friends that they can't always rely on you to get them home or look after them during a night on the booze. People have to take responsibility for their own actions and you can't be there to bail them out of a drunken stupor.

Kiwong

Dreams wait just out of sight, if you turn too fast and try too hard old them, they will be gone. Best to let a dream embrace you unexpectedly.