Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

coyote

from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer:
The past is a trail you leave behind, much like the wake of a speedboat. That is, it's a vanishing trail temporarily showing you where you were. The wake of a boat doesn't affect it's course--obviously it can't since it appears behind the boat. So consider this image when you exclaim that your past is the reason you aren't moving forward.

Time for a crazy nerdy hypothetical;

Which one would you prefer?

a) A evening or a day free use of the Iron Man suit. No limits, everything goes.

b) A dinner for two, with GLaDOS, deadly neurotoxin and killing is off limits. Okay, Companion Cube is invited too, but only because its lonely.

MsBuzzkillington

So I have been reading a lot lately. I have read a couple "easy" books; light and simple that are mostly geared towards teenagers (It's a guilty pleasure :p). Sometimes I like doing that because I can pretty much finish the book rather quickly.

But I have been noticing a trend. There's always a girl, who sees a really hot guy at school and she is drawn to him for some reason. She doesn't know why, but, she loves him. He's the most popular guy at school, he's wanted by all, he's really hot, and of course a complete jerk. He hangs out with the popular girls who are really rude to everyone and he's dating the most popular girl in school. But the main character girl just, falls for him. And then he falls for her because he must have her, for some reason he is drawn to her. Then he stops his mean ways, dumps the mean girl, and gets with her.

It's no wonder people are so superficial. It's no wonder people/girls have this idea of a love at first site or the idea that they can turn a mean guy into a nice one. It's ridiculous.

The book I am currently reading, the main character is new at the school. Some guy befriends her right away and he's SUPER nice and awesome and they get along. But she sees the jock, super duper hot guy and she wants that one. She doesn't even consider dating the guy who was nice, she is simply "drawn" to the super incredibly hot model guy.

Driving me nuts. I guess that's what I get for reading this kind of book haha.

AsTimeBurns

Time for a crazy nerdy hypothetical;

Which one would you prefer?

a) A evening or a day free use of the Iron Man suit. No limits, everything goes.

b) A dinner for two, with GLaDOS, deadly neurotoxin and killing is off limits. Okay, Companion Cube is invited too, but only because its lonely.

Difficult one. I think I'd go for GLaDOS, but only if a turret is allowed to come as well (possibly 2, might need a defective one as well) [no bullets allowed].

coyote

media-5001.jpg

do you really know what you think you know?

or do you just know what THEY want you to think you know?

Last edited:

MikeyC

But I have been noticing a trend. There's always a girl, who sees a really hot guy at school and she is drawn to him for some reason. She doesn't know why, but, she loves him. He's the most popular guy at school, he's wanted by all, he's really hot, and of course a complete jerk. He hangs out with the popular girls who are really rude to everyone and he's dating the most popular girl in school. But the main character girl just, falls for him. And then he falls for her because he must have her, for some reason he is drawn to her. Then he stops his mean ways, dumps the mean girl, and gets with her.

It's no wonder people are so superficial. It's no wonder people/girls have this idea of a love at first site or the idea that they can turn a mean guy into a nice one. It's ridiculous.

The book I am currently reading, the main character is new at the school. Some guy befriends her right away and he's SUPER nice and awesome and they get along. But she sees the jock, super duper hot guy and she wants that one. She doesn't even consider dating the guy who was nice, she is simply "drawn" to the super incredibly hot model guy.
I suppose that's why nice guys like me are always left to the wayside. ::p: Those books are a little exaggerated, though, so you must remember that. Jocks don't suddenly "lose" their meanness.

do you really know what you think you know?

or do you just know what THEY want you to think you know?
I really ****ing love those companies! Post edited by Disney

megalon

There was a girl that used to work at the same place as me. She wasn't in my department, but the one next to it. I never talked to her but she seemed nice and my brother even went on a date with her. I just found out that she flipped her car into a pond and drowned. It's really sad, she was younger than me. Like I said I didn't actually know her, but I wish I could've been there, I would've dove into that water in a second.

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

There was a girl that used to work at the same place as me. She wasn't in my department, but the one next to it. I never talked to her but she seemed nice and my brother even went on a date with her. I just found out that she flipped her car into a pond and drowned. It's really sad, she was younger than me. Like I said I didn't actually know her, but I wish I could've been there, I would've dove into that water in a second.

Oh god. I'm so sorry. It's great that you'd dive into the pond and save her though:).

this_portrait

For today being the first day of classes, it wasn't so bad. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and for today my one class only lasted about 15 minutes. I went to pick up my bus pass and get some groceries after that (despite the crappy weather). Then I ate a late breakfast and took a 2.5-hour nap. Worked on a presentation that I may or may not have to do tomorrow, and to make things even better, the guy I'm interested in sent me a text while I was working on it. Funny how all these little things can make a miserable, cold, windy day feel great. :)

MikeyC

For today being the first day of classes, it wasn't so bad. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and for today my one class only lasted about 15 minutes. I went to pick up my bus pass and get some groceries after that (despite the crappy weather). Then I ate a late breakfast and took a 2.5-hour nap. Worked on a presentation that I may or may not have to do tomorrow, and to make things even better, the guy I'm interested in sent me a text while I was working on it. Funny how all these little things can make a miserable, cold, windy day feel great. :)
Sounds awesome, portrait. Keep it up. :)

I just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It's fufufufufufufreezing outside. I had to take a walk because I was playing Guitar Hero and, in my quest to play a song perfectly, got angry and threw the guitar on the floor. ::eek:: I'm a poor sport, I admit it. I was playing "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend. I played it about 20 times and the best I got was hitting all but one note. :mad:

Srijita52

^Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I find that I can do one thing much better if I don't expect it to be perfect ;)

hidwell

I wish I could fly over mountain tops, past waterfalls and over green valleys. Soaring like an eagle over the thermals.

Srijita52

That's awful! I'm really sorry...
Good to hear you're having a great time :)

this_portrait

I've been meaning to post a picture of the dolls I plan on using for my senior project, so here they are, all lined up and ready to be used and abused!

Attachments

• dolls.jpg
    dolls.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0

Shyangel

I've been meaning to post a picture of the dolls I plan on using for my senior project, so here they are, all lined up and ready to be used and abused!

Those are really cute dolls! Do you sell them?

I'm feeling bored and tired but I don't want to go to sleep.