Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Peter Pan-like

Something like this, it wont be pretty. probably best to get an early night

Halloween-2009-Peter-Pan.jpg

rotflmao!! :D
That laugh just made me feel very thankful for the friends I have in here. Thanks phocas!:)

MikeyC

I just found an old Polaroid Land camera.. now I just need to find film ::p:
Wow, good luck finding film. Do stores stock that anymore?

I look at my nicely decorated Christmas tree and I feel absolutely no "Christmassy" feelings whatsoever.

Christmas is null and void this year :s
Sorry to hear that, BlueDays. ::(: I wish I could do something to make you smile.

DeadmanWalking

There's nothing like reading a story where the villain gets owned by the heroes! Especially when the situation seems hopeless:D! I love karma so much!

On another note, I just had a dream where I told my mother how I really felt. I was crying and everything, I even raised my voice, which I rarely do. She told me that she was really proud of me and then she started making jokes and making me feel like she wasn't taking me seriously. Maybe that's why I don't tell her or anyone how I feel: because I fear that they won't take me seriously and start laughing in my face.

bsebring

cupcake-1.jpg

I made cupcakes for my coworkers tomorrow. They look pretty but don't taste the way I wanted them to...too much peppermint extract, so I won't be offended if people don't like them.

Mmm, cupcake. :)

There is an ad on my profile page for a double layered pepperoni pizza from Papa Johns. Substitute mushroom and olive for pepperoni and I'm there, baby!

A couple of days ago, I got to talking to some guy on Tumblr. We were talking about being Cubs fans. He said he had it bad because he was from central IL and almost everyone is a Cardinals fan. I said I was from central IL, too. He told me where he was from and I went out on a limb and told him were I was from. He said, "haha oh. i should have guessed that. we played you guys tonight in basketball, i don’t know who won. i went outside around halftime to go get high with my friend."

...Okay, first, he's still in high school. :rolleyes: Second, is it wrong that I found his "getting high with a friend" a complete and utter turnoff? I know in my heart that I shouldn't judge him because I don't know him from Adam, but... I don't know. I think I set pretty high standards for myself and subconsciously use them on other people. When they fall short, like doing drugs, I get angry and indignant.

DeadmanWalking

A couple of days ago, I got to talking to some guy on Tumblr. We were talking about being Cubs fans. He said he had it bad because he was from central IL and almost everyone is a Cardinals fan. I said I was from central IL, too. He told me where he was from and I went out on a limb and told him were I was from. He said, "haha oh. i should have guessed that. we played you guys tonight in basketball, i don’t know who won. i went outside around halftime to go get high with my friend."

...Okay, first, he's still in high school. :rolleyes: Second, is it wrong that I found his "getting high with a friend" a complete and utter turnoff? I know in my heart that I shouldn't judge him because I don't know him from Adam, but... I don't know. I think I set pretty high standards for myself and subconsciously use them on other people. When they fall short, like doing drugs, I get angry and indignant.

Well, I don't think that it's bad. When we look for friends, naturally, we take aspects of our "dream partner" or whatever and use it as a compass. You can feel turned off by that imo. I think every person holds others to their standards, and those who fit their standards become their friends. On another note, I don't think that you have high standards, if this is any proof.

MikeyC

Second, is it wrong that I found his "getting high with a friend" a complete and utter turnoff? I know in my heart that I shouldn't judge him because I don't know him from Adam, but... I don't know.
While he doesn't think it was a big deal, you did. That's just two different thresholds at play. If you found it a turn-off, what can you do?

For example, a couple of years ago there was a girl who was interested in me, but she found it a turn-off that I was a virgin, where I didn't think it was a big deal. Again, different thresholds at play and from that point on she didn't find me attractive.

MrJones

Just arrived from the pre-Christmas family dinner. They didn't recognize me at first, apparently I no longer look like a kid. With longer hair and a beard, they say I look like John Entwistle:

John-Entwistle.bmp

I found that he was chosen in the top 10 uglier bassist of all time. I guess I shouldn't play the bass or I'd be top 1.

My change of looks (not really intended, it's just what happens when depression makes you don't give a **** about your looks and you don't want to shave or cut off your hair) centered a lot of attention, so I felt even more uncomfortable.

Anyway, it was pretty crappy. It is nice to see the family, though. Around 10 years ago we used to sing and have fun and stuff. Now after dinner everyone started talking about people who died, people who's dying, the grandfather who can barely walk, the aunt who needs an experimental treatment with rat DNA regularly so she can move like a human being, the one who cannot move from sclerosis multiple and lives completely isolated in the mountains without walking, just crawling on the floor with a cane because she doesn't want people to help her or who knows what else. It really makes me think.
Then a couple of them tried to sing as we used to, while the rest were just looking at each other with strange faces thinking "what the **** am I doing here".
It's sad to see what life has become and I don't even want to think about all those who have it harder, because I could die.
I really want a change. I need it.

I need to sleep. Luckily we don't do presents anymore so I can sleep until late. Good night everyone, and merry Christmas.