Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Silatuyok

I know I say this pretty much every week, but..working at my grandma's house is so depressing. Not in a "I'm sad, I want to go cry" kind of way, but in a "What is the point of anything in life?" kind of way. Here were two people who, by all reasonable standards, had successful, happy, and fulfilling lives. And now none of it means anything.

MikeyC

I know I say this pretty much every week, but..working at my grandma's house is so depressing. Not in a "I'm sad, I want to go cry" kind of way, but in a "What is the point of anything in life?" kind of way. Here were two people who, by all reasonable standards, had successful, happy, and fulfilling lives. And now none of it means anything.
That's just how it is, though. Everything we've accomplished, owned, saved, knew, and fought against/for is meaningless when we die. That's the circle of life. Sorry to hear it's so depressing, though. Is there any way to get more positive thoughts while working there?

Silatuyok

That's just how it is, though. Everything we've accomplished, owned, saved, knew, and fought against/for is meaningless when we die. That's the circle of life. Sorry to hear it's so depressing, though. Is there any way to get more positive thoughts while working there?

It's hard to come to grips with an actual, physical representation of all that meaninglessness. I suppose, if I were to try to put a positive spin on things, I could perhaps turn the experience into something creative, like writing up a list of things I never knew about my grandparents that I have learned from having to pack the remainder of their lives into boxes. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I could even make it into a blog to share with my family, which would help to immortalize them in some very small way. Hey, I like that idea. :) Thanks, Mikey. I feel better now. ::p:

MikeyC

It's hard to come to grips with an actual, physical representation of all that meaninglessness. I suppose, if I were to try to put a positive spin on things, I could perhaps turn the experience into something creative, like writing up a list of things I never knew about my grandparents that I have learned from having to pack the remainder of their lives into boxes. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I could even make it into a blog to share with my family, which would help to immortalize them in some very small way. Hey, I like that idea. :) Thanks, Mikey. I feel better now. ::p:
Yeah, seeing something physical in front of you that follows through with your theory can be daunting, but you just said you can turn it into something creative, which I think is fantastic.

I know that when we have to clean out our nan's place when she dies, we'll have to go through everything she owned, and then I might be able to understand your situation a little better.

It's hard to come to grips with an actual, physical representation of all that meaninglessness. I suppose, if I were to try to put a positive spin on things, I could perhaps turn the experience into something creative, like writing up a list of things I never knew about my grandparents that I have learned from having to pack the remainder of their lives into boxes. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I could even make it into a blog to share with my family, which would help to immortalize them in some very small way.

It seems you are missing one important and meaningful thing they achieved with their life that is still existing now and will for many years to come.

They created and raised a child/children. Who in turn created a grandchild/grandchildren (including you).
Who are alive and living in this world today due to the hard work of your grandparents.

Leaving a family of children and grandchildren and hopefully great-grandchildren is a very meaningful legacy that remains from your grandparents life that will continue in this world for many many years.

EscapeArtist

when one finds oneself completely absorbed in one's own life and unable to listen whole heartedly to others, it means that he/she is procrastinating action. At least that's how it works for me apparently..

Productive = want to hear people out
Not productive = want everybody to leave me alone

MrJones

I did my last exam today, I think it went well, so I'm officially free for a couple of weeks. Also I got another grade and I already know I passed 2/5, the other 3 I will know next month.

So... now I will have all the time to worry, to be alone, to feel hopeless and get more and more depressed everyday. Happy holidays everyone

philly2bits

when one finds oneself completely absorbed in one's own life and unable to listen whole heartedly to others, it means that he/she is procrastinating action. At least that's how it works for me apparently..

Productive = want to hear people out
Not productive = want everybody to leave me alone

Interesting. I've never thought about it that way.

Silatuyok

I went to turn on the tv last night to see if there were any Christmas programs on. We've been living in our house for about two months now, and this is the very first time that I've realized we don't have access to television here. Interesting.

I look at my nicely decorated Christmas tree and I feel absolutely no "Christmassy" feelings whatsoever.

Christmas is null and void this year :s

MrJones

I look at my nicely decorated Christmas tree and I feel absolutely no "Christmassy" feelings whatsoever.

Christmas is null and void this year :s
I'm sorry BlueDays ::(:

Christmas for me it's been becoming worse and worse every year and now it's been also the worst year in my life, I don't know how it will be...

*hugs*

I'm sorry BlueDays ::(:

Christmas for me it's been becoming worse and worse every year and now it's been also the worst year in my life, I don't know how it will be...

*hugs*

the worst year in your life? :s well I hope next year is the year is the year that things start to improve for you MrJones!

*Hugs back*