Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

I have a job interview lined up first thing Monday morning. It's for a temporary 2nd shift job in food production, but it's something. Full-time, no benefits, but it still pays decent. I don't really like 2nd shift jobs, but I'm kinda desperate to get back out working again. Shift runs from 2:30pm to anywhere between 10pm - 12am. As a morning person, I hope this shift doesn't try to kill me. It'll only be until August/September though.

theoutsider

I have a job interview lined up first thing Monday morning. It's for a temporary 2nd shift job in food production, but it's something. Full-time, no benefits, but it still pays decent. I don't really like 2nd shift jobs, but I'm kinda desperate to get back out working again. Shift runs from 2:30pm to anywhere between 10pm - 12am. As a morning person, I hope this shift doesn't try to kill me. It'll only be until August/September though.
Good luck, Phoenixx!

Phoenixx

Got news tonight that someone I used to go to high school with passed away from an overdose. I used to be friends with her growing up, but cut ties a long time ago since she was hanging with the wrong people. I tried to rekindle that friendship right after high school but permanently let that ship sail not long after when I realized she hadn't changed.

It sucks because I never thought she was a bad person. Just a person getting involved with people she shouldn't have gotten involved with doing shitty things. She didn't even come from a broken home, her family was always so nice and respectful, so I never did understand why she did the things she did. So I can't imagine what war she must've been at with herself to get involved with addiction. I just wish she saw herself like I saw her, or like how I'm sure other people saw her too. Her good side anyways.

Thinking about this has made me realize how I feel I should be more thankful for my life, how I cope with things, and how I should complain a little less given what I've earned and have received over the last few years. I may be depressed, but I'm coping. Not always in the healthiest way sometimes as far as self-talk goes, but I've always been strong-willed enough to weather the storms even when it hurts. My own extended family's history of alcohol abuse, and being close to others who have had addiction issues, has kind of scared me enough to know not to ever go down those roads. I know I carry those genetic components too. Glad I've always been the cautious type and always looking for a better way to deal with things, but I really feel for those who do struggle with those issues.

LoyalXenite

Good Luck!

theoutsider

Phoenixx

I'm thinking this week is my last week of unemployed freedom before I go back to being a corporate slave. :LOL: Half kidding, but I'm eager to start the new job. I just hope people are somewhat decent and I like it even a little bit. All my pre-screening stuff will be done by tomorrow, so I'll probably find out tomorrow or Wednesday if I'm going to be starting next week.

LoyalXenite

I think with the loss of a few more members (Pug and Blue off the top of my head) we're sliding back into a more inactive state again. For a while there we were picking back up
Speaking of, Im sure Blue is doing ok coz she does leave for some time and then come back. So Im guessing she is just in a gone phase atm. But has anyone heard from Pug at all? I've tried him on here, on another app and through text message but I havent heard back from him since mid May

Phoenixx

It's really sad that extended family members of my in-laws seem to care more about myself and my mental well-being than my own immediate family. That being said, I need to remind myself to jot down some notes of these things that I NEED to talk about at my next therapy appointment. I've been avoiding it, partly because I was focusing on working through my feelings from my last job and what had happened, and also I didn't want to open too many cans of worms at once. But now I'm ready to dig deeper because I can't keep carrying around the baggage. Just when I think I'm over things, they come creeping back and feeding on my already fragile emotional and mental state. I seem to always mistake "gone" as "over it". I need to realize my feelings and results of past experiences won't ever disappear, and ignoring them after a while won't make it go away. Even when I was doing fairly well doesn't mean I was "over it." It was just a matter of ignorance and having good things in my life to cover up the bad.

I'm f__kin' done ! F__kin enough of having to listen to my mother being treated like $h!t£ by my older sisters. :mad: And ah keep telling her, stop putting up with it. But it just doesnae compute. Shouted at by her ain youngest daughter for showing concern for her. And my sister just berates her for it: "Mum, am a f__kin' adult!"

Wouldn't you be worried, even just a wee bit, if your daughter was going to meet someone she'd been talk to online, and she just showed up at your house, left her car there and f__ked off for most of day? Not answering or returning phone calls. No saying when she's coming back. Nuthin' ! :(

Ye want tae know how caring my mother is? This is a woman who, once she said bye to me as I was being wheeled down to the operating theatre for my orthopedic surgery, she never stopped phoning the hospital from the moment she got home, constantly asking if I was okay; while I'm still in the operating theatre. Even though I said I'll be fine. Then she had my oldest sister drive her back to the hospital as soon as she got word that I had the surgery done and was back on the main hospital ward.

Last edited: