Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I agree with you, Graeme.

The way I see it, third wave feminism is about obtaining and securing as much advantage as possible for middle class and upper class white women.

Yer not wrong, there. Though, I only noticed it in recent years. Given how uptight everyone has gotten in term what ye can & can't say. Or the sorta jokes you can tell.

Also, my upbringing kinda made me an anti-feminist in a way. Not from a "feminism as equality between men & women" pov, but the more gender superiority outlook that most feminists stereotypical have. Of course, not all feminists are man-haters. But then, those are the feminists who don't resort to swearing insults and can actually articulate their points and arguments.

I also don't buy into the idea that gender is just social construct.

It has been wildly successful thus far but they want more.

Aye, it certainly has been very sucessful. Though, I'm not surprised they still want more. Radical feminists would put men into concentration style camps if they could get away with it, And if Julie Bindel ever gets her way... Gawd help us all!

this_portrait

Again, not tryin' start any arguments or prolonged debate here. Just give my opinion on what this_portrait said about SJWs.

Oh no worries. Over the last few months I've been trying to avoid a lot of political stuff simply because it can be mentally draining, and I've been dealing with enough on my mind as it is.

But when you keep seeing this same shit over and over again, becoming more and more heinous and ****ed up, after a certain point you're gonna snap, and I just wanted to vent lol. I think we'll be seeing a lot of people snap in the next few years.

Graeme1988

Oh no worries. Over the last few months I've been trying to avoid a lot of political stuff simply because it can be mentally draining, and I've been dealing with enough on my mind as it is.

Yep, that how I feel as well...

But when you keep seeing this same shit over and over again, becoming more and more heinous and ****ed up, after a certain point you're gonna snap, and I just wanted to vent lol.

Oh, I don't blame ya for ragin' about it. Though, I think more people huv copped onto SWJs and third wave feminists as far as their tactics are concerned. Or are starting to. Though, ah must admit, it's a good laugh when ye hear them drone on about freedom of speech. How they're all for it, but, want certain words, opinions and jokes to be banned.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of people snap in the next few years.

With the way things are going, ah wouldnae be surprised. Western society has kinda gone to shit, thanks in part, to how much power and influence these SJWs and 3rd wave feminist and male feminists have. Not help any by Emma Watson's HeForShe campaign, which goes against gender equality, imo.

planemo

to-the-loved-a-word-of-affection-is-a-morsel-but-to-the-love-starved-a-word-of-affection-can-be-a_600x315_21938.jpg

Megaten

Welp doctor finally gave me something to help me sleep. Hopefully it doesnt have some insane side effects. Still need to see someone about my mood swings though...

Cliche as it sounds, the trick lies in finding peace and joy in the little things available in the direct or somewhat indirect surroundings. That way you won't suffer the stress of career chasing discipline, nor the sting of disappointment that you lack it.

One needn't be simpleton to take a lot of joy in simple things.

I'm really frustrated about my appearance. In pictures I take of myself I look decent, but in any other candid picture taken by another person I look ugly as ****....and then they tag me in it -_-

I'm eating healthy and going to the gym, but I still feel so embarrassed to look like me :(

GraybeardGhost

March 13, 2016: Today marks eighteen years in apartment hell with no relief in sight, plus the onerous absurdity of daylight saving time being thrust upon us once more, the taxes are going to be an absolute bitch this year, and to top it off, I'm housebound again for the foreseeable future. Life is not good.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm going out in about an hour, please God let it go okay.

I'm especially anxious on the weekends because SO MANY people are out and about, plus there's the increased chance of running into someone I went to school with, which is always just plain awful.

Graeme1988

I'm going out in about an hour, please God let it go okay.

You should be fine, don't worry...

My sister and I were in the Gorbals area of Glasgow yesterday evening, which isn't the most pleasant part o' the city, and we were fine. The drive there was hellish, but, other than that, it was fine.

I'm especially anxious on the weekends because SO MANY people are out and about, plus there's the increased chance of running into someone I went to school with, which is always just plain awful.

Ah know... That happened to me outside ma local supermarket last summer. :eek:mg: Mortifyin' to say the least.
Just awkwardly tryin' to make small talk with someone ah hud'nae seen in 10 years, and barely knew durin' my school years.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
You should be fine, don't worry...

My sister and I were in the Gorbals area of Glasgow yesterday evening, which isn't the most pleasant part o' the city, and we were fine. The drive there was hellish, but, other than that, it was fine.

Ah know... That happened to me outside ma local supermarket last summer. :eek:mg: Mortifyin' to say the least.
Just awkwardly tryin' to make small talk with someone ah hud'nae seen in 10 years, and barely knew durin' my school years.

Thanks Graeme.

All this neurosis will be the death of us. :kickingmyself:

UPDATE! - Saved by a thunderstorm, no worries. :D

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm really frustrated about my appearance. In pictures I take of myself I look decent, but in any other candid picture taken by another person I look ugly as ****....and then they tag me in it -_-

I'm eating healthy and going to the gym, but I still feel so embarrassed to look like me :(

I hear ya Sarah.. I hate my photos.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Meanwhile, in another part of the galaxy....

Lol.. I remember watching this as a kid. Thinking 'wow, by 1999 we'll be living on the moon!'..

Funny thing is if us as a species had our shit together we could have achieved so much more by now..

But no.. we are so preoccupied with being in the dark ages, infighting, magical sky wizards and trying to destroy each other because of our differences, we continue to be stuck on this rock called earth.

One of my favorite sayings;
'Born too late to explore the earth. Born too soon to explore the Galaxy'.