Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

this_portrait

I really should go to the grocery store. I put on a full face of makeup and crimped my hair just to do so, after all. But now I'd rather stay in because I feel rather low.

S_Spartan

I really should go to the grocery store. I put on a full face of makeup and crimped my hair just to do so, after all. But now I'd rather stay in because I feel rather low.
How bout picking me up some bagels and cream cheese? The onion type that is in the bread aisle not the frozen kind cause they are too hard to get apart..

this_portrait

How bout picking me up some bagels and cream cheese? The onion type that is in the bread aisle not the frozen kind cause they are too hard to get apart..

I went, I saw the lines, I said "**** it" and walked out before even placing anything in my basket. Need to remember to never ever ever go to that place on Sundays.

nodejesque

Why do people say such misplaced comments. Yes, i know i have an accent. And "you're pretty, i would have never guessed you're Mexican" is not a damned compliment.

Oh, and no, i dont care.

this_portrait

Sunday is usually the worst day for grocery shopping...

This particular Sunday was just bad all around. We've been experiencing a bit of a "heat wave" the last couple days (from 30* to over 60*), and whenever that happens, it's like everyone comes out from hibernation. Tons of people were out roaming the neighborhood, way more than usual on a Sunday. Of course, me not being a people person, I found it annoying. Doesn't help I have been miserable for the whole day/night, unable to concentrate on doing my homework. To think I was planning on taking a little trip today...

S_Spartan

This particular Sunday was just bad all around. We've been experiencing a bit of a "heat wave" the last couple days (from 30* to over 60*), and whenever that happens, it's like everyone comes out from hibernation. Tons of people were out roaming the neighborhood, way more than usual on a Sunday. Of course, me not being a people person, I found it annoying. Doesn't help I have been miserable for the whole day/night, unable to concentrate on doing my homework. To think I was planning on taking a little trip today...
It was the same here today. The warm weather brings people right out so the park was all these couples with kids and/or dogs.

I've always wondered, is hypocrisy inherently ironic? I'm trying to find circumstances in which it wouldn't be, but having a hard time.

S_Spartan

Why does going to the doctor's office cause me such terrible anxiety?
It's so bad that I actually have to tell them about it because when they take my blood pressure its through the roof.
It's so bad I can barely speak.

Ithior

Why does going to the doctor's office cause me such terrible anxiety?
It's so bad that I actually have to tell them about it because when they take my blood pressure its through the roof.
It's so bad I can barely speak.

Oh man, I hate getting my blood pressure measured. Just getting it measured is enough to get me a bit nervous. Then when it squeezes my arm I feel like my arm is going to explode and it makes me kinda scared, so my blood pressure rises even further. I think I have normal blood pressure but it's always high when I have to measure it at the gym.

Hoppy

. I think I have normal blood pressure but it's always high when I have to measure it at the gym.

It is normal, there is even a medical term for it: White coat hypertension

I've once been told by a Doctor who do aviation medicals that they always ignore high blood pressure, since everybody who come are under stress.

S_Spartan

It is normal, there is even a medical term for it: White coat hypertension

I've once been told by a Doctor who do aviation medicals that they always ignore high blood pressure, since everybody who come are under stress.
One thing I do to help with that is to take my bp at home and then print out the readings and hand them to the dr.
But my problem goes beyond that. As soon as I step foot in a dr office I just fall to pieces. The anxiety hits hard. I tell the dr about it but she doesn't seem to think it's any big deal.
It's weird because I am responsible for keeping all the computers in a dr office running and I can do that fine but when I'm the patient I just fall apart. Hate it!

GraybeardGhost

You know what's fun?

When you go to comb your beard and the comb tries to pull your whole face off, that's what's fun. :bigsmile:

Not. :kickingmyself: