Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

It is normal, there is even a medical term for it: White coat hypertension

I've once been told by a Doctor who do aviation medicals that they always ignore high blood pressure, since everybody who come are under stress.
Yeah I know, first time I did it at the gym the guy measured it twice, since it was high he asked me if doing it made me nervous. I said yes so he wrote down a note saying white coat syndrome or something like that.

One thing I do to help with that is to take my bp at home and then print out the readings and hand them to the dr.
But my problem goes beyond that. As soon as I step foot in a dr office I just fall to pieces. The anxiety hits hard. I tell the dr about it but she doesn't seem to think it's any big deal.
It's weird because I am responsible for keeping all the computers in a dr office running and I can do that fine but when I'm the patient I just fall apart. Hate it!

Thanks, I might try that. That also happens to me, I end up shaking a lot because I do that when I'm nervous.

this_portrait

Shut UP, you ******* sirens! What happened, did one of the insane drivers here think it was a good idea to speed on SNOW AND ICE and cause a MASSIVE WRECK or something? (If I was in or near a shitty neighborhood I'd wonder if there was a massive gang shootout.)

God, I feel like I'm slowly going mad. Every year it just seems like I get nuttier, like I'm losing my grip on my emotions and can't think rationally. How long before I snap and do something completely outlandish? I feel like I'm heading down that road, unless someone can derail me.

Ithior

I don't know why but I have talked to more girls in my class than to guys. It's not like I'm actively trying to talk to them, they usually sit next to me and talk to me. It's not like they have a crush on me either, since all of them are in relationships. Still, it's odd that in a class with about 70% guys I talk to more girls than guys.

Just opened a wikipedia page on "Butthole Surfers" (music group), and somebody let out one off the back-end (farted) on this youtube video of the Smashing Pumpkins (another music group) :giggle:

Kenny1973

Have bought some self-help books from Amazon about tacking SA, social skills and getting better sleep. After years of struggling with these impediments, it's time to do some work on trying to improve.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Awww! Fur fuc...!! :kickingmyself:

It'd be great if you'd ask if ah want summit. D'ya know how that makes feels when ah say "No". :sad: Are you incapable of even tha most basis manners, eh, Mum? Just cuz ye own tha hoose we live in, doesnae mean ya own me.

Am no yer sweet, innocent, kind wee boy anymair...

Graeme1988

Just opened a wikipedia page on "Butthole Surfers" (music group), and somebody let out one off the back-end (farted) on this youtube video of the Smashing Pumpkins (another music group) :giggle:

:bigsmile: Have you listened to the Butthole Surfers, yet? They're great, and some of their songs are very funny.

anomicdeer

I need something to do this Saturday the whole day. I'm thinking of going out of town but I really don't know what to do and where to go.

Graeme1988

So, because ah say that ah've been feelin' tired lately, and rarely smiled as of late, you automatically make tha link with depression? Cheers, sis !

Glad to know yer no tha only yin in this family who makes assumptions about me cuz o' ma quietness.

Do you even know how ah've been feelin' since ma surgery? Of course ya don't. But then you've always been incapable of huvin emapthy with me. :mad: And ye wonder why ah rare talk about how I feel.

I'm tired of all this self-improvement bullshit. Like why the **** do I have to do all this work to impress someone who's at my level? Why do I have to be better than someone to get any attention from them? It's sick. It's hard to sympathise with people when they're just as bad as everyone else.

Rawz

I think it's inevitable at this point that I will lose my teeth at a young age (unless a miracle happens). Years of anxiety, stress, depression, poor sleep, poor healing, and acid reflux has caused me to lose lot of my gums (possibly some gingivitis, a lot of acid erosion). There doesn't seem to be much left at this point. I'll am going to try to turn things around and my diet is way better than it was and I am trying to get it really good, but it looks bleak.

It's too bad too. My teeth are in fine. No decay, no cavities.

Just another thing that makes me wish I was rich. I bet I could fix this if I had enough money.

Ithior

I think it's inevitable at this point that I will lose my teeth at a young age (unless a miracle happens). Years of anxiety, stress, depression, poor sleep, poor healing, and acid reflux has caused me to lose lot of my gums (possibly some gingivitis, a lot of acid erosion). There doesn't seem to be much left at this point. I'll am going to try to turn things around and my diet is way better than it was and I am trying to get it really good, but it looks bleak.

It's too bad too. My teeth are in fine. No decay, no cavities.

Just another thing that makes me wish I was rich. I bet I could fix this if I had enough money.

Maybe you're brushing too hard? You shouldn't do that. My sister's ex-bf had a gum issue because he brushed his teeth too hard, especially near the gums.
Another thing you can do if you have gingivitis is sorta brush your gums, but more like a massage. I don't really know why but I've had gingivitis for a long time and my dentists always told me to do that, even if it bleeds.

I don't know, these are just ideas. I think it's weird that your gums are in such bad shape but your teeth are completely fine.

Odo

Banned
What I once thought was a fleeting obsession with cheesy 70s and 80s ballads has now evolved into me unironically enjoying Air Supply.

Those crisp drums, those tender strings, those soaring choruses, those generic guitar solos, those earnest declarations of love and redemption-- it reminds me of the kind of music 43 year olds would play at their second wedding circa 1987, and I think it's magnificent. They sing the last chorus an octave higher almost every single time and it WORKS.

I would be utterly embarrassed to put any of these songs on a mixtape for my girlfriend, but goddam these guys are talented.

Rawz

Maybe you're brushing too hard? You shouldn't do that. My sister's ex-bf had a gum issue because he brushed his teeth too hard, especially near the gums.
Another thing you can do if you have gingivitis is sorta brush your gums, but more like a massage. I don't really know why but I've had gingivitis for a long time and my dentists always told me to do that, even if it bleeds.

I don't know, these are just ideas. I think it's weird that your gums are in such bad shape but your teeth are completely fine.

I try to make sure I don't brush any too hard, I try to be very gentle on my gums. I use a soft tooth brush for my teeth and an extra soft tooth brush for my gums. I mostly brush my gums towards the ends of my teeth (a dentist told me to do that years ago as it would help my gums grow and it seems to). I also floss often but not always every day. I try to floss gently.

It seems to be acid erosion, the areas that are the worse (the thinest) and that I can't seem to get to grow seem to have had acid collected and stuck there in the past. I've been altering my diet to reduce acid reflux and am working on going gluten free.

I'm also trying to get back to meditating daily again.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

I try to make sure I don't brush any too hard, I try to be very gentle on my gums. I use a soft tooth brush for my teeth and an extra soft tooth brush for my gums. I mostly brush my gums towards the ends of my teeth (a dentist told me to do that years ago as it would help my gums grow and it seems to). I also floss often but not always every day. I try to floss gently.

It seems to be acid erosion, the areas that are the worse (the thinest) and that I can't seem to get to grow seem to have had acid collected and stuck there in the past. I've been altering my diet to reduce acid reflux and am working on going gluten free.

I'm also trying to get back to meditating daily again.

You could also try getting a Waterpik. I was having some gum problems a few years ago. Tried all kinds of things including prescription mouthwash from the dentist and nothing helped. Bought a Waterpik and started using it two times a day with a little bit of Listerine added to the water and it cleared it up!
It seems to massage the gums while also blowing away bacteria.

Hoppy

Ticking boxes.

Every day a tiny little bit. Meditation, movement, gardening, cleaning, showering, make my bed, writing.

It help to keep the darkness and depression at bay.

It took me a long time to get to this point. But I still have such a long way to go.

drawing%2Bwhen%2Byou%2Bare%2Bbrave%2Bw500.jpg

Graeme1988

Ticking boxes.

Every day a tiny little bit. Meditation, movement, gardening, cleaning, showering, make my bed, writing.

It help to keep the darkness and depression at bay.

It took me a long time to get to this point. But I still have such a long way to go.

drawing%2Bwhen%2Byou%2Bare%2Bbrave%2Bw500.jpg

:thumbup: Hopefully ah'll get tae that point as well, someday...

anomicdeer

This isn't something I can't change.

People can go to school and go towards one career path then change years later if they want.

This, I may have planned but I have to deal with it forever. Losing out on so much in life or if I just want to be depressed in my room, I can't even do that...