Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Is it normal to experience a lose of strength an feel like yer legs ard going buck under ye? Y'know, after undergoing extensive leg surgery an bein' off yer feet with baith legs in plaster for over a month?

GraybeardGhost

Is it normal to experience a lose of strength an feel like yer legs ard going buck under ye? Y'know, after undergoing extensive leg surgery an bein' off yer feet with baith legs in plaster for over a month?

Sounds normal to me. After not using those muscles for so long, you're bound to experience some loss of muscle tone and strength. I'm sure your physiotherapist will have you whipped back into shape in no time. Congrats on ditching your casts. :thumbup:

GraybeardGhost

New neighbor moved in across from me on Saturday. I want to get to know this one—just friendly-like, nothing more—as I suspect we may have some common interests. Maybe I can help her with something, or maybe she can help me. I think something like this every time someone new moves in. Never happens. I scare them or they scare me. Either way, strangers remain strange. Apartment life. I should go live on the moon.

Graeme1988

Sounds normal to me. After not using those muscles for so long, you're bound to experience some loss of muscle tone and strength. I'm sure your physiotherapist will have you whipped back into shape in no time.

Thanks, Graybeard. Both for the words o' encouragement. And fur provin' that ma oldest sister wus talkin' oot her erse when she critisized me for sayin' ah didnae feel strong enough to walk right now. :bowing:

Seriously, ma sister thought - or rather arrogantly assumed that - as so as ah got hame the day, ah'd be walkin'. Like Jesus across the f***in' Sea of Galilee. Ah pray naebuddy's offended by that wee joke, or this really bad follow-on pun? :giggle:

An aw because ma consultant surgeon says the x-rays of my right knee - which ah got afore gettin' the casts off - were fine for me to start baring ma weight on it, fully. And she (my consultant) wus also pleased with the result of the surgery, judging by the look of my feet. And how far ah could gently bend my right knee.

And, yet again, ah got another praising compliment from her, sayin' that I'm sensible enough to know better than to try an rush ahead with ma recovery. :D Though, did ye spot the irony in whit ah jist said there?

Congrats on ditching your casts. :thumbup:

Cheers, big man. It actually feels weird no huvin' them. Lighter but still heavy, if ye get whit ah mean by that? Properly due to tha strength an tone lose as ye mentioned. Thankfully, though, ah finally get to soak ma feet in basin of warm water an git aw tha dry skin that's built up over tha last month or so. As well as givin' ma legs a good scratch, cuz by f**k, they've been itchy.

Graeme1988

Talked with a man with a really bad hair piece today. Wow that is distracting!

lol.gif
That just made ma day - really needed a good laugh.

Megaten

Education seems to be the bane of a woman ever having a love life. Sometimes I wish I wasn't educated -- it's a 20+ year scam, anyway.

For the record, why is so much importance placed on it still? Everyone I talk to is always impressed that I have a BA and that I'm working towards an MA, like it's this revered status. I always want to shake these people and scream, "IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL! IT'S BARELY GOTTEN ME ANYWHERE! DEGREES ARE MOSTLY USELESS NOW BECAUSE EVERYONE AND THEIR DAMN MOTHER HAS ONE, WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU SEE THAT???"

Maybe class has something to do with it? I don't know... All I know is I'm sick of implications and being told that I should only date "educated" guys, preferably ones who picked one of the so-called "money-making" degrees (such as medical, law, etc.) I don't give a damn about any of that, so STOP telling me I'm "too good" for certain guys or that I'm "out of their league." As long as I'm not financially supporting anyone, none of it matters.

****ing asinine elitism, I can't stand it...

Im sure this doesnt help the situation either.

Gender Gap in College -- Fatherless Households Mean Lower Male Enrollment | National Review Online

Hoppy

I ate two bags of Potato chips this morning. And a chocolate bar and a thing called custard crumble. I was/still am in a bad mood.

To feel maybe not quite hatred, but at least strong disgust, towards oneself for most of each and every day, and constantly trying to escape from those crappy feelings ... is a "special" kind of Hell to be in.

Graeme1988

Well, there's nae f***in' chance am weight-baring on either of ma legs til that swelling goes doon. An nae physiotherapist or smug, c**t of a family member is gonnae talk me intae it, either. If am as sensible as am given credit for... Then this rehab process goes at ma pace - slowly...

Apologies for that use of the c-word there.

this_portrait

I'm having a hard time getting along with my mother lately. Over the years I've realized there are certain aspects of my life (especially dating/relationships) that I would rather keep her out of, and it's like she can't stand that. She seems to think every aspect of my life is her business just because we were so close for so many years; in a way, it's as if she had a younger, carbon copy of herself to hang out with. As I've gotten older, I've realized more and more that I'm NOT like her, and that's caused me to slowly, over the years, distance myself from her. Gaining more financial independence has helped that.

These days, every time I talk to her she immediately starts complaining about her job, my dad and my cousin (who is currently living with them). She complains, but she doesn't do anything about it. I tell her I don't want to listen to it, and she shoots back with, "Well, I listened to you complain." As if that means I now should have to listen to her grievances; the difference between her and me is that I tried to (and eventually did) find ways to deal with my own grievances. Will she put in the effort to get a job elsewhere and stop acting incompetent when it comes to filling out an application? Kick my cousin out if she's really that much of a pain in the ***? No, she won't do any of those things. She'll make excuses, like she always does, and then use her failure to be assertive and lack of confidence as a way to invalidate any mental/emotional problems I go through.

She is one of the worst people you could talk to about mental health, because to her everything is black and white. It's like putting a bandage on a cut. I can barely bring my anxiety/depression struggles up with her, and I don't DARE talk to her about men. She thinks she knows best when it comes to men, but look how far her outlook has gotten her: she only takes care of my dad because the guy is blind (they haven't had anything to do with each other since I was very little and just stayed together for my sake), but other than that, nothing.

I'm in my mid-20s and yet there are times when she treats me like I'm a damn kid, such as asking me constantly if I did my homework and if I passed my tests/papers (I'm in GRAD SCHOOL, mind you). I tell her to stop nagging me about ******* school, and she gets mad and accuses me of being "hateful," even though anyone who had to put up with her would get annoyed at some point and probably lash out a little -- apparently that's "hateful." I don't even like to tell her I'm going anywhere, because she'll end up texting me asking if I've gone home yet, that she can't go to sleep until she knows I'm home.

The more I distance myself, the more codependent the woman acts. I don't even think my sister has ever had to put up with this kind of smothering treatment. I've had people tell me that they wish they had my mother and that she only does what she does "because she loves you." That doesn't mean I have to put up with her overbearing codependency. It just sounds manipulative, a way to make me feel like an *** so I'll keep putting up with her smothering.

I wish she would lay off, stop treating me like I'm underage, and let me deal with my own problems without feeling the need to make me happy by throwing money she doesn't have at me. She should really learn to be just a LITTLE bit more like my dad. Focus on her own shit for once. But she won't. She'll never change; she's unwilling to change. She's going to have to find someone else to be overbearing and codependent towards, though, because I can't, I won't, I refuse to be the one to feed that codependency.

Damn, that was a long post...