Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

My statistics teacher decided that she'd put an exercise on the test where we have to calculate integrals. We barely looked at them during class. The last time I calculated an integral was at least 4 years ago. The same goes for everyone in my class, some of them probably haven't even learned them. Now I have 2 days to study for the test and re-learn how to do integrals.

GraybeardGhost

Weighed myself tonight. :eek:mg:

I now weigh more than at any other time in my life, ever—literally twice what I weighed in high school. It's like I ate myself.

I'm a fat, disgusting mountain of blubber, guts, and crap. I'm a whale. :sad:

Time to break out the dynamite.

Last edited:

everdeenkatniss

When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation. It empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams.”
~ Les Brown -

Ithior

My semester is starting to become pretty good in social terms. Today was especially good. I know that what I did today wouldn't be anything special for a normal person, but to me it feels like I really succeeded at something.
Meeting people interested in the same things as you really makes a huge difference. I don't know if all the people in my course are like these guys or if I was just lucky to get put in the same group as them, but I'm really glad it turned out the way it did.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
watched a show the other night on the history of video games. Was really quite interesting.
Geez, it brought back some really good memories from when I was a kid and I didnt have the stress, worries and concerns I do now.

I remember going to the side shows down on the beach front with a friend, we only had enough money for 5 games each. We put the first coin in and the game flipped out and credited up with nearly 600 games.

Needless to say we where ecstatic lol. We played Donkey Kong for nearly 8 hours straight. Ahh... those where the days :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
watched a show the other night on the history of video games. Was really quite interesting.
Geez, it brought back some really good memories from when I was a kid and I didnt have the stress, worries and concerns I do now.

I remember going to the side shows down on the beach front with a friend, we only had enough money for 5 games each. We put the first coin in and the game flipped out and credited up with nearly 600 games.

Needless to say we where ecstatic lol. We played Donkey Kong for nearly 8 hours straight. Ahh... those where the days :)

That would be like hitting the powerball as an adult. :bigsmile:

Ithior

Grandma almost always passes out when we take her out for lunch or dinner. I'd also say 90% or more of the times she passes out are when she eats out.
I don't see why my mum and aunts think it's a good idea to start taking her out for lunch every Sunday.

GraybeardGhost

I want to go to a concert tonight. Gustav Holst: The Planets. Awesome stuff. Can't do it, though. It's probably too late to get tickets, since it starts in about 45 minutes.* That's not enough time to get ready, either—takes me twice that long if I'm just going to Walmart. Finally, I don't have the right threads for a symphony concert. In some venues, "homeless pseudo-biker dude" is simply not an acceptable mode. :no:

That's what stopped me from going to an event last weekend—local community choral group, very interesting for a number of reasons. Why'd they have to have it in a church? Can't wear a lid in church, man—even this grubby, tarnished soul gets that—and a gentleman, no matter how run down, does not go out bareheaded.** Never mind the struck-by-lightning thing.

Thus passeth one of my goals for the month: #1:Attend a concert. I have a list—nine items of varying realisticality (yeah, that's a word) in no particular order. This one happened to be the first. I've managed to chip away a bit at a few of the others (#7: Clean out the last of my old flea market buildings, #8: Explore three new places) but most of the list stands untouched:
#9: Catch up with correspondence? Yeah, sure, just as soon as I catch up with putting it off. :rolleyes:
#2: Take a walk in the woods? I can't even find 'em! :idontknow:
#3: Eat in a restaurant? Okay, I actually came close to trying this one a couple of times, but then I saw people, and you know how that goes. :eek:

I don't really know where this is going, except that I think goals are important and stuff. Especially stuff. I was going to start a thread about it earlier this month—or was it later last month?—but then I flipped out and didn't. Shoulda made it one of my goals. Focus, direction, a point on the compass, a single peak on the horizon, but with flexibility, allowance for going around rather than through if need be. Urgency with patience. A crack of the whip, but forgiveness for a fall. And stuff.

We need this stuff, or at least I do.

I still have a handful of days left to work on my November goals. I have flea market junk to sort (that being part of it) and a list of places I've never been. The keyboard's right in front of me if I want to drop someone a line, and those woods gotta be out there somewhere, right? We'll see what happens. The restaurant thing, however, may have to wait 'til further impetus arises. Anybody want to take me out to dinner?

****I know. How can we make him stop?
*****Beats me. I was hoping you'd have some idea.

LoyalXenite

Weighed myself tonight. :eek:mg:

I now weigh more than at any other time in my life, ever—literally twice what I weighed in high school. It's like I ate myself.

I'm a fat, disgusting mountain of blubber, guts, and crap. I'm a whale. :sad:

Time to break out the dynamite.

I definitely feel you there. I too am heavier than ever before in my life and really hate it :thumbdown:

MollyBeGood

The world is a giant, ignorant popularity contest that I refuse to subject my sweet self too.

Everyone prays to the god "Money".

humans wake THE F u c k up, please.

Rant over : ) for now. Xoxo

MollyBeGood

GrayBeardedGhostMan my Dad had The Planets on vinyl. I love it very much. Mars especially, since it's my planet and the war planet goes with my personality lol

I am glad you're posting again. I eat pizza too much and think of you : )

Last edited:

S_Spartan

The world is a giant, ignorant popularity contest that I refuse to subject my sweet self too.

Everyone prays to the god "Money".

humans wake THE F u c k up, please.

Rant over : ) for now. Xoxo

They never seem to wake up. It's just more of the same. Over and over.

MollyBeGood

They never seem to wake up. It's just more of the same. Over and over.

People are programmed and living their programs unrespectfully. They are blissfully unaware and do not question their slave state.

There are some that break free but they have to fight and seek and that takes courage and strength. Questioning what we have been taught is what humans need to do. That isn't easy. It means wiping the proverbial skate clean and starting new. It means work and possibly being shunned by the masses. It's easier and safer to do as your told.

That is why the system works. And Fear is what also controls our every move.
How are you? Eating at IHOP?