Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Wooo, finally got 80% in a model. Had to do a lot of stuff, changing constantly between R and Weka, but if this is the final accuracy of the model then I'm pretty satisfied. Apparently the best we can get is 84%, which is just a difference of 2 observations incorrectly classified. I spent so much time on this that I'm going to go ahead with this model and write the final report before I run out of time to do it.

Well that model was actually "crap". Anyway, it lead me to a discussion with a classmate that, coupled with an article I found later online, gave me an idea of something to try out. Very simple, just picking 3 submitted results with some different predictions but that ranked around 70 to 80%, and then do a majority vote. Ended up getting 84% in the public data set (no idea about the private one though). Now I just have to find out what methods I used for 2 of those results...

S_Spartan

That sounds really awful! I hope things let up for you soon! Have you tried meditation or Yoga to relieve stress before? Or even relaxing music can help a lot if you can just unplug from it all for 20 mins.

Ironic right when I logged on here I was thinking I love sleeping and dreaming even when my dreams are weird or silly they are so much better than reality.

I had a dream the other night that I was sleeping in a field but I had a pillow on the ground. Then there were these two college age girls on a park bench nearby giggling and I asked them what was so funny and they said they put a used, ahem, condom under my pillow. So I lifted the pillow and sure enough...then I woke up...what you think that means?

nodejesque

That sounds really awful! I hope things let up for you soon! Have you tried meditation or Yoga to relieve stress before? Or even relaxing music can help a lot if you can just unplug from it all for 20 mins.

Ironic right when I logged on here I was thinking I love sleeping and dreaming even when my dreams are weird or silly they are so much better than reality.

They usually are good for me too. But these last couple of nights, they have been heavily influenced by the news.

Today, I decided to avoid everything. Maybe watch some cute cat videos before bed.

I do practice yoga, and it has helped immensely... However, I feel like every minute of my day is accounted for. Except for when I log on here. I use it as a much needed escape.

Thank you Molly, I too hope things let up soon.

Ithior

Wow, for the first time since my childhood I'm around people who have many interests in common with me. I don't have to be the quiet guy around these people because I actually have stuff to say about whatever we're talking about.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I just want to crawl into bed and cry.

I know how you feel Nodes :(
Yesterday my life - and emotions - where ok. I find out today that I may not have a job within the next few days.

I feel worthless and lost because the people in power are a s s holes who dont give a crap about what it does to your life.

Anyhow, I hope you're ok.

SoScared

I have my glasses case with me but the glasses are still at home.
I've also been to the cafe i went to after the first night that i slept rough.
I'm much better that i was back then but still not great.
I forgot the glasses because i was so stressed prior to leaving home.
My street and local is where my anxiety is at its highest.
Luckily you can enlarge the screen font.

SoScared

I have my glasses case with me but the glasses are still at home.
I've also been to the cafe i went to after the first night that i slept rough.
I'm much better that i was back then but still not great.
I forgot the glasses because i was so stressed prior to leaving home.
My street and local is where my anxiety is at its highest.
Luckily you can enlarge the screen font.

Its days like this that make me susceptible to smoking again even thought its been over three years now.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I should go to sleep. I have an important meeting tomorrow. But I just want time to stay still for now. I dont want to go to sleep, even though I'm tired.
I just want to sit on my bed, mucking around on my laptop, with the tv on.

There are days, weeks, and even months that go by where I feel like a normal, albeit inclusive, person, but when I'm at my lows it convinces me that I really do have a problem.