Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Most self improvement scenarios go like this:

1. Individual feels they have a weakness that makes them unhappy
2. Individual creates a goal to (over)compensate for said weakness
3. Individual struggles toward goal in hopes that when goal is reached he/she receives an emotional reward
4. Individual either does not reach goal and feels worse about themselves
5. Individual reaches goal and receives emotional reward but reward is short lived and the whole process starts again.

I'm wondering if in some cases the struggle/reward cycle is actually more harmful than the original weakness.

Perhaps a better way to change a weakness is not to tackle it head-on and wrestle with it but to wear it down slowly over time or even learn to live with it.

I'm wondering if more people could experience more happiness by detaching it(happiness) from the promise of some future emotional reward and rather by finding it in real time.

Also the very concept of self improvement as it stands now seems to encourage people to expend more energy compensating for their weaknesses rather than expanding on their strengths.

Maybe people would be more fulfilled if less emphasis was put on "doing" and more was put on "being"?

I don't know, just some stuff I've been thinking about. Don't really have a good handle on it yet. But I'm trying to come up with a different way of looking at things for myself personally.

And yes, there could even be a better way that no one has discovered yet.
^Very true. :thumbup:

I've never looked at high fashion, in any time period, and thought to myself ''Huh, yeah, that looks like something a non-insane person would wear.'' It's almost always over designed nonsense.

I could go off on an hour tangent rant about fake pockets alone. Why would you even?! That's the d- ..But yeah, I'll spare you that.

Rock those Jeans and T' proudly like they're made of diamond gold.
^No, no I would actually love to hear your "hour long tangent rant about fake pockets", Puma.
You can't just start it a little bit and then stop like that!
Now the curiosity about the details is driving me crazy. You can't just tease us like that, Puma :crying:

;) :giggle:

Ithior

Good thing I didn't go, my belly started hurting around an hour after the meeting hour.

It got pretty bad after midnight. I managed to fall asleep at 1am but then my sister forgot her keys and had to wake me up. It hurt a lot at that time and for a few hours I'd be in a state of sleep mixed with pain. Woke up feeling better, though it still hurts when I stand up. Feels fine while sitting down.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Lonely sidewalks, silent night
Bring the evening, deep inside
Hold me darling, touch me now
Let the feelings free tonight

Pizza is on the way
I can see it in your eyes
Let's give it one more try tonight baby

Pizza is on the way
Let's give it one more try tonight

Time of season, wipes your tears
No rhyme or reason, no more fears
All the dreamin', is far behind
You are here now, and everythin's alright

Pizza is on the way

Pizza is on the way
Let's give it one more try tonight

And in the morning I'll be gone away
All the things I left behind
If you need me I'll come night and day
Let's stop the hands of time

Pizza is on the way

Pizza is on the way

Pizza is on the way

Pizza is on the way
Let's give it one more try tonight-

Read more: Saigon Kick - Pizza Is On The Way Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Re: eek

I like to brush my hair with my feet
^ Really? I would be too worried about dirt and bacteria from my feet getting into my hair too much. I won't even fiddle with my hair if I know my hands are dirty.

The human body is so complex. So many parts that can become faulty.
I find it truly amazing that more things don't go wrong with it for more people than already does.
That someone can make it to their 90's is quite remarkable.

^ Really? I would be too worried about dirt and bacteria from my feet getting into my hair too much. I won't even fiddle with my hair if I know my hands are dirty..

Well I was kinda half joking lol. I would never put my foot in my actual hair. I just meant holding the hairbrush with my toes and then brushing my hair with it. I like to do stuff with my feet sometimes like pick stuff up, open doors, etc. I was just kinda experimenting. I can kinda be a monkey when I want to. This is seriously how bored I get...

Well I was kinda half joking lol. I would never put my foot in my actual hair. I just meant holding the hairbrush with my toes and then brushing my hair with it. I like to do stuff with my feet sometimes like pick stuff up, open doors, etc. I was just kinda experimenting. I can kinda be a monkey when I want to. This is seriously how bored I get...
^ Oohhhh, the thought that you would be holding the hair brush with your toes did not cross my mind! my bad :eek:h::blushing:
It is amazing what people who have been born without arms/hands - like the victims of the Thalidomide drug - can do with their feet/toes. I saw a lady changing her babies nappy with her feet/toes on a documentary once.
Anyway, sorry that you are in a part of your life right now where you are extremely bored, Psych.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Why does something always happen to me when ah go to Edinburgh...? No that am complaining, ah'd just like tae know what it is about me that makes stand-up comedians and total strangers alike gravitate towards me?

^No, no I would actually love to hear your "hour long tangent rant about fake pockets", Puma.
You can't just start it a little bit and then stop like that!
Now the curiosity about the details is driving me crazy. You can't just tease us like that, Puma :crying:

;) :giggle:

Granted, I fall into repetition forty minutes in, and much of it is incoherent profanity. But no, you'll have to attend the Nonsense Fashion convention 2016 to hear my keynote on the subject.:giggle:

Ithior

This country is awful when it comes to buying clothes that fit the weather. I want warm pants, stuff that won't get wet in the rain, shoes that won't let water come in, etc. and I can't find any of it. I can find the shoes and impermeable pants in sports stores but they look terrible because they're not supposed to be worn casually.