Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Feathers

I know I shouldn't say this because its not good for me. But I really do miss the days when I was drinking. When I was drinking I would have a bit more confidence and everything seemed to be alot easier to cope with.

But I do want to say one thing DON'T drink!!!!! It will wreck your life!!!! Take it from someone that knows. Thats probably the best advice I could give anyone.

Can you go to AA or similar support meetings? My relative goes to meetings of a support group led by a psychiatrist regularly and has found it very helpful.

Also, to find other social experiences and people to talk to... Where I live for many people pub is the easiest way to be social... It's good to find maybe some organisations or clubs for people with your interests or places to volunteer etc. Many organisations are very happy if people come who are willing to help or take part in activities!!

Srijita52

When I was in high school or at uni, studying actually helped me take attention off sa/depression/unwanted thoughts... If you really 'fall into it' it can be very RELAXING... You OCD in on whatever you're studying and forget about other things...
(...or maybe I'm just weird? :rolleyes: haha)

Sometimes it can help to write down worried thoughts in a journal (and ideally deal with them CBT-way, like suggested in The Feeling Good Handbook) or to go for a run/walk beforehand... Make sure you've eaten too, ideally something nutritious with vitamins/minerals you need for brainpower!!

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can better concentrate on my studies by applying them(not sure about the OCD part though
:p)

Feathers

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can better concentrate on my studies by applying them(not sure about the OCD part though
:p)

haha you don't have to OCD in on things, just apply focus... :) It's good if you ask yourself 'Where will this come handy?' too, or maybe think how great it will be after this is all over (exam/school/...) what COOL things you'll be able to do etc.

There are books and probably websites with tips on how to study/learn more effectively... eg it helps me to use color, to write out things and make notes and mind maps, draw little things etc. Or to use mnemonics etc. Or even make up songs or stories, movements... :)

simpsons2007

Can you go to AA or similar support meetings? My relative goes to meetings of a support group led by a psychiatrist regularly and has found it very helpful.

Also, to find other social experiences and people to talk to... Where I live for many people pub is the easiest way to be social... It's good to find maybe some organisations or clubs for people with your interests or places to volunteer etc. Many organisations are very happy if people come who are willing to help or take part in activities!!

I have thought about AA before but the thought of standing up infront of people telling them my problems makes me feel very anxious and worried. I've never berfore been able to express they way I feel. But being on this forum has helped me for the 1st time in my life express myself properly.

But this morning I had a meeting with the mental health team in my area who are going to help me with some of my problems that I have. And hopefully after that they will help with some other things as well.

MrJones

I'm wondering why so many people IRL speak so much b*ll*hit. I want to go and live on a mountain somewhere remote and just leave everybody else to it whilst I live with a bunch of cats and rabbits.
I always thought that it would be great, living peacefully, in the nature, without those annoying people from the big city (but with Internet :p).

_Hope

I wish I had more friends or potential friends that I am getting to know, sadly hiding away and not being very talkative online or in person reduces the chances of that happeneing. ::(:

Thundercats

I hate it when I think i'm good at something and then someone says something that knocks my confidence. It seems like i'm not good at anything.

Feathers

Simpy, glad to hear you'll get help, YAY!! :)

Actually my relative isn't going to AA, it's a smaller group, and I think they sit in a circle and discuss things, together with psychiatrist who prepares topics or helps with the discussion etc.
They talk about a number of interesting things...

You can start small and it may get easier once you get to know people a bit, most people have probably been going through similar things and can relate, like on this forum...

I hate it when I think i'm good at something and then someone says something that knocks my confidence. It seems like i'm not good at anything.

Don't let condescending people knock you down. Many things take practice to get right. Not to mention that there's also many people that simply can't appreciate special actions/things, even if the action/thing is to be admired.

The moon will sing you a song, just to tell you, you can belong....
Right here, in the dark, there's a beautiful sky, you only need to fly
Shine us through the night, you are a star, hiding from the moon all the stars surround, you'd wish to be found...

baby just shoot for the moon.....

keep searching for the light, Yes, you will make it through the night!

(Just came up with this in my mind:))

I think I'm gonna make a song about it.. Lol I was just thinking about a moon who can sing, I always have weird thoughts, if writing a song or poem lol

Thundercats

Don't let condescending people knock you down. Many things take practice to get right. Not to mention that there's also many people that simply can't appreciate special actions/things, even if the action/thing is to be admired.
I guess so. But it especially hurts when you've spent time doing something and you're proud of what you've done and then people tell you that what you've done is crap. It happened today when I brought one of my pictures I'm drawing at home to school so I could finish it in the library and then a group of idiots crowded around me and were saying "that's crap" and "you can't even draw" and other hurtful things like that. And it made me feel like I wanted to cry.

Rembrandt Broam

I guess so. But it especially hurts when you've spent time doing something and you're proud of what you've done and then people tell you that what you've done is crap. It happened today when I brought one of my pictures I'm drawing at home to school so I could finish it in the library and then a group of idiots crowded around me and were saying "that's crap" and "you can't even draw" and other hurtful things like that. And it made me feel like I wanted to cry.

They probably realised that it was something you were working hard on, and saw an opportunity to knock you down and make themselves look big in front of their friends. There are people who are like that. They're pretty pathetic really.

I'm sure none of them can draw anywhere near as well as you. Drawing is a skill which takes practice, which is exactly what you were doing. They prefer to waste their time showing off to their moronic little pals.