Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Hoppy

Does anyone else wish it was possible to have life be like a video game. I talking about having progress/loading bars for things, stats, showing how much experience (in numbers, like in video games) you have received for a certain skill almost every time you do something (exercise, read, etc). Having every possible skill with levels, total xp so far, max xp, max level, etc.

It's just, I really like those kinds of things in video games. Skills, levels, experience, things requiring levels. I really like being able to level up and I like all the visual feedback that games give you. And also being able to get access to new, cool things. And being able to see how close you are to getting something new and better.

And it seems like there are tons of people who really like these things as well. It's the whole point of some games. I played Runescape for years when I was younger. So did thousands of other people. Millions of people play/played WoW.

I just wonder, if there was a way to add that in to life, if people would become addicted to becoming better at lots of different things--leveling up--in real life, instead of in video games.

www.superbetter.com The website isn't supported anymore, but the idea is good.

The place where I hang around is at Nerdfitness. We are nearing the end of another 6 week challenge, and it is fun to create some goals for the challenge and see how far I can go.

By this Thursday I am endind a 60 day Push-up/lunge/pull-up challenge, adding 1 more every day. I am developing some nice shoulder muscles.

outofthisworld

Wouldn't it be nice if for a split second you turn into a really bright light and disappear from here and everyone that knows you would forget all the memory that you were ever here so this way you wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings and you would be transferred to a world far far away where you could fit and finally live a happy life.

anomicdeer

it's really depressing having no experience. Trying to get a job. Having to submit 40 hours of job searching every week for a program that is shameful to be part of. No money what so ever. Realizing I could have applied for financial aid to get into college or take a class and maybe would be going now. Now it's too late. I have to wait longer. I get a job offer that is just a completely unstable part time job that I can't get enough information about but I shouldn't be that desperate. I have no gas money. My bank account is $-192 and I only have a learners permit. I have no money to pay for my license to take the test. Back luck after bad luck... Nothing gets better and I'm sick of it all.

anomicdeer

Wouldn't it be nice if for a split second you turn into a really bright light and disappear from here and everyone that knows you would forget all the memory that you were ever here so this way you wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings and you would be transferred to a world far far away where you could fit and finally live a happy life.

if only, if only

If only....

outofthisworld

the best natural drug which isn't a drug what so ever is to keep your self busy, this way you won't have time to think/worry... try it...

MollyBeGood

I would kill to see Kate Bush in London... starting her shows tomorrow..first time in 35 yrs WOW!

Best wishes for an outstanding reign of concert performances!!

Anyone going or know someone who is?

so jealous.

S_Spartan

I would kill to see Kate Bush in London... starting her shows tomorrow..first time in 35 yrs WOW!

so jealous.

Hope she does "Violin"! That song gives me shivers.

GhastlyCC

I keep getting opportunities for jobs dropped in my lap and I just keep ****ing them up because I'm too much of a coward to go to an interview.
I hate myself.
I really really do.

Steiner

Tfw trying to reply to basic questions and it ends up sounding like some incomprehensible mess. Everyone already thinks I am a weirdo so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Kiwong

I held a meeting with other members of staff to tell them I have an anxiety disorder, a fear of talking to people. I told them all about it, that is a barrier to communication. Everyone was supportive.

Take that anxiety, you've got nuthin'

I held a meeting with other members of staff to tell them I have an anxiety disorder, a fear of talking to people. I told them all about it, that is a barrier to communication. Everyone was supportive.

^Wow, way to go Kiwong! good on you! :thumbup::perfect:

MikeyC

Well done, mate! How did it feel getting that out in the open? Did you expect them to be supportive?

so jealous.
^I know if I was rich I would be heading over to London to see her. So wish I could go.:sad: She is one of the few artists I would put up with the extreme SA it would cause to go and see a concert.

Kiwong

Thanks Blue days, it is good to have it behind me.

Cheers mate. It was really, really tough MikeyC. With the way I have been feeling lately it seemed the pragmatic thing to do. I thought they wouldn't care, or wouldn't believe me.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Wow that was brave. Did you see any change in your co-worker's attitude towards you so far? I remember you saying you had problems with them a couple of times and that sounded like it played a big part in your depression

GraybeardGhost

That's fantastic, Kiwong! Well done! :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ugh! Ah've hud enough... E-f**kin'-nough!

Why is it, ah ask you to do summit for me - and ye dae it on yer ain terms? But if ah do that, oh, I'm the c**t! Really? Oh! Ah do apologies...

Right here whit ah dinnae git. How come if you ask me tae do summit ah come f**kin' run and ah actually do it. F**kin' nae bother! But ah ask anythin' uh you... Nah! Bit too much tae ask innit? Even ye included the word "please".

But then again, ye did tell tae jist ignore ma problems and they'll go away. How that workin' oot fur you, by-the-way? Too bad ah cannae dae that when comes tae ma physical disability, if only... Though, tae be fair, ye ignore and treat me like ah don't exist, so mibbe ah should tae a hint, eh?

Right, that's ma ranty-rant over... Sorry, jist tae, y'know... Git it oot!

Note tae self: Must purchase punching bag at some point in the future.

dottie

so jealous.

I knoooow!!!! Can you imagine???! I hope they film it and release a DVD by Christmas.