Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I've gone too long without reading Stephen King and I need my fix. I've only read Pet Sematary and The Shining (and On Writing) - what next? Should I read It or Salem's Lot?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've gone too long without reading Stephen King and I need my fix. I've only read Pet Sematary and The Shining (and On Writing) - what next? Should I read It or Salem's Lot?

Ah huv'nae read a Stephen King novel or short story collection fur a while, either.

Hard choice, ah've only read It - one of King's best novels but quite long, so that's the only yin ah cun recommend. :)

dottie

I just got Doctor Sleep from the library the other day! Read it with me!

I just got Doctor Sleep from the library the other day! Read it with me!

I think I will then :)

Edit: although, I started The English Patient already. Not sure if I'll finish it.

Edit II: I started reading a sample of Doctor Sleep from Google Books and I want to keep reading! I can either buy it for 7.99 from the Play store or see if the library has it, but then I have to wait until tomorrow. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

dottie

I think I will then :)

Edit: although, I started The English Patient already. Not sure if I'll finish it.

Edit II: I started reading a sample of Doctor Sleep from Google Books and I want to keep reading! I can either buy it for 7.99 from the Play store or see if the library has it, but then I have to wait until tomorrow. Decisions, decisions...

Yay! No rush... I haven't started it yet and I might be slow going at it, but it's something I have for summer. I'll probably start on Monday.

Kiwong

I noticed King has published a new book. Mr Mercedes. A car ploughs into a crowd of people. He can write from experience having been hit by a car himself.

Last edited:

dottie

I noticed King has published a new book. Mr Mercedes. A car ploughs into a crowd of people. He can write from experience having been hit by a car himself.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him getting hit! but the new one's got a queue of like 40 at the library, too long

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sometimes I still get the odd urge to vandalize stuff like when I was a kid.

Nuthin' like the complete disregard fur another person's and/or public property, eh? Ye could git away wi' it when ye were 12 years auld and ran away quickly enough. :giggle:

jimmy75

Ever wonder what that rattling thingy in a can of spray paint really is? I did. So i cut apart an empty spray paint can to find out. Its a green glass marble.
Reminds me when I cut open a can of Guiness and found a small ping pong ball inside. I still have it now.

jaim38

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for my uncles' help last time when my dad's car broke down. There was something wrong with the ignition. However, I feel bad for wasting their time when they could've worked and now I feel like I owe them. I will repay them someday, but another more serious question that I have is what if I was in another city and my car broke down? Who do I call? First thing I should do is call my insurance to get a tow truck to come over and tow my car to a repair shop. Second, I'd call up a friend to come pick me up to go home, or I can take the cab if I have no friends. Problem solved!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It feels like now is the time to make some sort of post referencing the 669,187 unread posts I have. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any clever way of doing this. Now no one will know! :crying:

Rawz

It feels like now is the time to make some sort of post referencing the 669,187 unread posts I have. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any clever way of doing this. Now no one will know! :crying:

Wow, it's really been that long since you were last here? Well, welcome back!