Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

S_Spartan

We allow corporations to rape and pillage and set the tone for the whole country while the govt actively helps them do if!

And there is a large swath of Americans who think this is find n dandy. They would say "what have you got against the rich? You are just jealous!"

Well life is not that simple. To become rich luck, personality, opportunity, and work all have to align and that only happens for a small segment of the population.

Everyone else is on the treadmill. Even if you are a workaholic making 200k a year you are still on the treadmill.

But this is all nothing new and it will continue on.

The greedy will just keep taking a little bit more and then a little bit more. And people will adjust just like they do now.

And when it finally reaches a point of all out dystopia and there is nothing left to take, the rich will gather up their treasure and move to someplace like Switzerland.

But we must not think about ant of this. There are still so many more cups of Starbucks to be had and so many more selfies to be posted to Instagram.

Lavinialuna

We allow corporations to rape and pillage and set the tone for the whole country while the govt actively helps them do if!

And there is a large swath of Americans who think this is find n dandy. They would say "what have you got against the rich? You are just jealous!"

Well life is not that simple. To become rich luck, personality, opportunity, and work all have to align and that only happens for a small segment of the population.

Everyone else is on the treadmill. Even if you are a workaholic making 200k a year you are still on the treadmill.

But this is all nothing new and it will continue on.

The greedy will just keep taking a little bit more and then a little bit more. And people will adjust just like they do now.

And when it finally reaches a point of all out dystopia and there is nothing left to take, the rich will gather up their treasure and move to someplace like Switzerland.

But we must not think about ant of this. There are still so many more cups of Starbucks to be had and so many more selfies to be posted to Instagram.

One of my favorite songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU
It saddens me so much, I wish I was out there screaming for change instead of hiding in my house afraid of conflict :sad:

S_Spartan

I'm all ears if you have a solution.

The solution is to let it all run down and then start over again. That is really all that can happen.

There is no way to get Americans all on the same page in a way to make actual changes.

They are still too comfortable and way too self involved for that to happen.

But it's a restless comfort. There seems to be this ever present feeling that something isn't right.

But the consensus seems to be that we should just ignore it and enjoy what is left.

Stay glued to Facebook, and strip malls, and television.

Which is fine if that is what it is, but people walk around like they are the most important person in the world when they are really just slaves on a treadmill.

Ithior

I think I can't learn from my mistakes. Anyone else like this?
I mean, if I commit a mistake then next time I'll be alert not to make it, but after a while I'll do the same mistake again. No matter the mistake, it never sinks in.

dottie

It just occurred to me that I am racist. Scrolling through my Cat board on Pinterest I noticed a significantly disproportionate amount of grey cats pinned vs orange cats. Eye opening.

How screwed would the internet be if everything we ever copy/pasted was sent to some kind of mysterious storage server somewhere. I often wonder about the (sometimes hugely private/important) stuff that just simply lingers on my clipboard.

It just occurred to me that I am racist. Scrolling through my Cat board on Pinterest I noticed a significantly disproportionate amount of grey cats pinned vs orange cats. Eye opening.

What? You don't like Garfield? :eek:

No black cats? ..I feel slightly offended.

We'll sort this out.

But your avatar is orange... it's obvious, you're a self-hating black puma.

Dude this is obviously an identity crisis and/or a cry for help.

So confused, I thought you were fox all this time

Fox, puma, cougar, ... point being is he has four feet and a tail. Hopefully he has his rabies shots. I'm sure he's cool. Just lock up the chicken coop....

How screwed would the internet be if everything we ever copy/pasted was sent to some kind of mysterious storage server somewhere. I often wonder about the (sometimes hugely private/important) stuff that just simply lingers on my clipboard.

I've wondered if people see what others look at and profile them for "security" purposes.