Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Pyromaniac in training lol
Yeah. Mine is bigger. If you know what I mean. ;)

IMG_4025.jpg

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Thanks. I dug it myself. The bottom 6" were solid rock, so it took a lot of work with a pickaxe.

As a matter of fact, my shoes did end up starting to smoke that night. Cold night, warm fire...good times though.

Thanks. I dug it myself. The bottom 6" were solid rock, so it took a lot of work with a pickaxe.

As a matter of fact, my shoes did end up starting to smoke that night. Cold night, warm fire...good times though.

Is that photo representative of how the rest of the yard is coming out? Because if so.. that's looking mighty good.

6" of rock? Dude... you needed a jack hammer. I mean, they suck but they don't suck as much as a pick!

S_Spartan

Everybody these days seems so emotionally dead. There isn't much joy or laughter. I go out in public and look around and see so many people looking at a cell phone. Like they are always somewhere else or want to be somewhere else. Then people will sit there and look all serious and talk all serious. If I'm in a restaurant I listen to other people's conversations. There is always this problem or that problem, health problems, the kids, money, other people. Complaints.
There doesn't seem to be much humor. Even the comedies on TV have become dark and heavy.
People walk around looking like they haven't had a thrill in a long time. Including me!

MikeyC

And they're also things with way less complicated variables, and have a certain lean way to boot, and even that is already too complicated to get dead-on. And in a way that's good. If we knew the future and all its secrets, it would defeat the purpose of development. Well, if you ignore all that prosperity and survival mumbo jumbo.
We'd already know all the secrets of the future and what it holds. So, in that sense, would we have the capacity to change it (if the future is bad) or work towards it (if the future is good)? If we can change it, then the future we saw is not accurate, but merely a future if X event did or didn't happen.

This is getting way too crazy, haha.

..sentences. Huh. Mikey, be honest, do you secretly have the impossible future telling device in order to mess with my head?
Well, I am Australian. We are already ahead of you guys. ;)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
6" of rock? Dude... you needed a jack hammer. I mean, they suck but they don't suck as much as a pick!
Nah. The infrequent use wouldn't justify the expense. Besides, it was only caliche. If it were granite or something it may have been beyond me.

Is that photo representative of how the rest of the yard is coming out? Because if so.. that's looking mighty good.
I would say it is. The flowers this spring have been pretty meh because of the drought, but there's not much I can do about that.

planemo

Why is it that whenever i do d.i.y, and use the electric drill, i seem to develop this acute state of hyperhidrosis? :question:

anomicdeer

I know. I need to socialize but I don't want to waste anyone's time. I try and try and it's never successful. I can't seem to make a friend or keep one. I got into a relationship and moved in with the person and it ended and now. I have to STILL suffer all because I had a child. I wish they would neglect him like they did their other child. Then I can just forget. Then there is the fact of having a child. No one is interested. Then I don't even have myself together with or without a child that's unattractive for so many people. I have no friends and it's difficult when I meet one person because I want them to have their own life but they are the only ones I have and they don't even think about me most of the time. They always have something to do and have someone else to hang out with...

I'm nothing...
I give up.

Lavinialuna

I know. I need to socialize but I don't want to waste anyone's time. I try and try and it's never successful. I can't seem to make a friend or keep one. I got into a relationship and moved in with the person and it ended and now. I have to STILL suffer all because I had a child. I wish they would neglect him like they did their other child. Then I can just forget. Then there is the fact of having a child. No one is interested. Then I don't even have myself together with or without a child that's unattractive for so many people. I have no friends and it's difficult when I meet one person because I want them to have their own life but they are the only ones I have and they don't even think about me most of the time. They always have something to do and have someone else to hang out with...

I'm nothing...
I give up.
Coming from a place of experience: Having a kid never stopped me from finding Mr. Right, and if a guy doesn't like your kid, then he isn't the right one anyway. Kids are such a blessing, take this time and just bond with that child. I find my kids the easiest to be with because they don't judge me and they love me no matter what.
Sounds like maybe you just need some time to work on yourself before worrying about getting out there. I mean, I know being lonely sucks but don't settle for anyone who doesn't live up to your standards just because they are the only ones around. That could possibly be more painful than going it alone.
Sorry you're having a bad day. Hope things look up for you.
How old is your little one?

singing-love

I wonder if perhaps I am making the wrong choices, I wonder why I bothered with certain aspects of my life and if perhaps I should just cancel them out. It seems my neatly organised life has been flipped, I had plans, a future and a focus on the things I was trying to achieve in the present, now I am ridden with guilt over those things and those plans are non-existent. There are plus sides of course, but maybe I miss the way things used to be.

dottie

I'm nothing...
I give up.

I'm sorry you are feeling so alone. It is difficult to meet friends... You are a beautiful girl and deserve happiness. Words like "can't" "never" "should" "always" typically lead to unhappiness. There is a quote that comes to mind... “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice," but I believe it to be true that the way we talk to ourselves affects them just as much. Please be kind to yourself and stay strong for your child.