Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hoddesdon

I'm curious as to how everyone here learned to type, if they type the "proper" way (whatever it's called - there's a name for it).

I can touch-type i.e. typing using all the fingers and not looking at the keyboard.

No-one taught me. Oddly enough, if you ask me where any given key is, I can't tell you.

I'd really appreciate it if YouTube could stop treating the #2 biggest website in the world like a garage project. I've been pretty tolerant with them regarding changes, but now it's getting under my skin.

I really dislike how some people use ''Well, it's my opinion..'' as a means to shield themselves from criticism when they've said something stupid. That's not how conversation works. Opinions are not controversy-home-base tap outs.

springk

I'd really appreciate it if YouTube could stop treating the #2 biggest website in the world like a garage project. I've been pretty tolerant with them regarding changes, but now it's getting under my skin.

I use youtube for viewing videos. That too seldom. What changes are you talking about?:thinking:

I use youtube for viewing videos. That too seldom. What changes are you talking about?:thinking:

They've added a little outline or background to the titles underneath the thumbnail, which I'm sure looks slightly better, but it also means that people that use black/dark layouts for YouTube now have an extremely bright (for me headache inducing) box around text. I'd prefer it if they were more consistent in those matters.

Also to a lesser extent, they've added a new ''watch again''-tab, which I suppose could be useful, but also makes the home screen that much more cluttered.

Rawz

One of the changes done to Youtube that I dislike the most (and this one was done long ago) is either not allowing the videos to be downloaded in any way, or telling your browser to discard the downloaded video data as soon as the video is done, and also whenever you seek to a different position in the video. And it's a problem for me because my internet (Hughesnet) has very restrictive data caps. So sometimes it best just to download the video with IDM or keepvid instead of watching on Youtube.

Scandic123

I just 'accidently' found out via Facebook that this year's last high school party is coming in 2 weeks... Others have obviously known it for much longer as hundreds of people are already officially participating. No one has told me about it and I haven't even been invited. I guess that it's because people have realized that I'm not socially active and thus they don't bother talking to me about non-school things. Out of all high school parties, I've only been to one, and even though it was far from as bad as I'd expected, it still was boring and I didn't really talk much to anyone. For the next two parties I bought a ticket, but then I didn't show up because of anxiety and because I was tired and rather wanted to stay home. I generally don't like parties, drunk people, loud music, etc., but I also want to be social... I guess I just don't fit in to today's youth... I really need to join a political group once I've dealt with my shyness a bit.

Lavinialuna

I just 'accidently' found out via Facebook that this year's last high school party is coming in 2 weeks... Others have obviously known it for much longer as hundreds of people are already officially participating. No one has told me about it and I haven't even been invited. I guess that it's because people have realized that I'm not socially active and thus they don't bother talking to me about non-school things. Out of all high school parties, I've only been to one, and even though it was far from as bad as I'd expected, it still was boring and I didn't really talk much to anyone. For the next two parties I bought a ticket, but then I didn't show up because of anxiety and because I was tired and rather wanted to stay home. I generally don't like parties, drunk people, loud music, etc., but I also want to be social... I guess I just don't fit in to today's youth... I really need to join a political group once I've dealt with my shyness a bit.

I never fit in at my HS either. It is so painful to be excluded.
Even now that I am older I feel so offended when I'm not invited, even if I know I wouldn't go. I desperately want to be liked even though I seldom feel up to socializing. Everyone wants to be loved and cared for. Trust me, things get better beyond HS.
I hope if you really want to go, you go and don't let the snub effect you.

Have you ever listened to the same song over and over thinking about the same person over and over? Am i odd?
^No I don't believe that is odd.:) Do you think it may be odd because of the particular person you are thinking of?

I listen to the same song over and over with songs that came out in my early childhood (up to 8, before SA). I sit there for ages with the song on repeat letting it ignite old happy memories from that time.

^No I don't believe that is odd.:) Do you think it may be odd because of the particular person you are thinking of?

I listen to the same song over and over with songs that came out in my early childhood (up to 8, before SA). I sit there for ages with the song on repeat letting it ignite old happy memories from that time.

Probably. It takes me back to skipping school with the girlfriend and spending all day fishing and swimming and shooting at beer cans. Romantic huh? Ha ha ha. That was fun for a couple school kids. Those pre-SA days were awesome.

Message to fly; "Go away you annoying creature!!" :veryangry:

Message to my brain's pleasure centres; "No! no more chips. You have had enough for gods sake. Bad brain!" :eek:h:

Message to me from my Conscious; "Now look, you know full well you should be studying, why on earth do you think you can get away with hiding on the computer without suffering the consequences!?"

......My response; ::p:

Probably. It takes me back to skipping school with the girlfriend and spending all day fishing and swimming and shooting at beer cans. Romantic huh? Ha ha ha. That was fun for a couple school kids. Those pre-SA days were awesome.
^awww, that is sweet.
I don't think there is anything wrong with spending some time immersed in pleasurable memories like that.:thumbup:

Message to my brain's pleasure centres; "No! no more chips. You have had enough for gods sake. Bad brain!" :eek:h:

Message to me from my Conscious; "Now look, you know full well you should be studying, why on earth do you think you can get away with hiding on the computer without suffering the consequences!?"

......My response; ::p:

LOL I love this!!!

MikeyC

I swear this is me every day! Nice post, BlueDays. :) Did you get the fly?

Lavinialuna

Funny to hear you say that because I do that same thing. Sometimes I like to listen to music from the 1970's when I was just a kid, it makes me feel so safe.

Today my local TV station posted this on facebook, it was origionally from 1993. My first child was born that year. I burst into tears! :crying:
WEAU - Hello Wisconsin Spring '93 on Vimeo

Seriously ridiculous! :giggle: