Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It's getting ridiculously difficult to avoid Game of Thrones spoilers. Can't even safely skim through my YouTube subscriptions any more since people find it necessary to reference plot points in their titles. Frustrating.

I haven't been lured into Game of Thrones... yet, but I agree that navigating YouTube while avoiding spoilers IS perilous. I finally quit telling people not to post revelatory titles, as it was to ZERO avail.

Your average 'tuber seems to be a careless, sugar-fueled, slack-jaw with little to no interest as for the concerns of his fellow members.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I really am boring

Urine good standing.

6a00d8341caed853ef01a5118f1259970c-pi

That's got to be rough. I don't see the point of a big gang of people sitting around discussing what is wrong with lifestyles or why they think it is, like what would they get out of it? Meh

It's likely to give their own insecurity validation, so they can perceive themselves as observant rather than bigoted.

Nobody likes to think of themselves as the bad guys in a scenario, and therefore many people will desperately try not to. Even to the point of denial and throwing perfectly normal/nice people under the bus. Only the ones with enough psychological awareness and integrity will recognize their hateful impulse as an excuse for bigotry.

It's very similar to the logic the average high school bully employs to justify what he/she does. Oppose that which he/she doesn't understand, in hopes it will distance him/herself from it.

Ithior

Mixed light soy milk, oatmeal, linseed and a banana in the blender. Then I put it in the microwave for a bit. The result was better than I expected. I thought it would be disgusting but it's not. It also has a nice texture.

We always carry our childself within us, it is still an essential part of who we are, but we can lose touch as we try to become adults and suffer the grown-up world. Who is the best person to find this lost child and give it the love it needs?

Phoenixx

I really should stop staying up so late. As much as I like the peace and quiet after everyone's gone to bed, I feel so lazy/sluggish the next day. I felt so much better when I was going to bed before midnight and waking up between 8 and 9am. I need to get back on that sleep schedule.

nodejesque

“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” - Rumi

But damn, some people need some fraking thunder.

Kiwong

A horrible few days, worrying thoughts mostly about work. Will I be sacked, will someone complain about me? There have been people misrepresenting my anxiety, and I have failed to suck it up, and fired back at them, which doesn't help. More paranoia than you can poke a stick at. I have a constant feeling of dread. I will write this now and revisit in a month or so, to see if these fears are real or irrational.

I had a performance review and my supervisor thanked me for the valuable contribution I made to the team this year. I also told her I was also managing an anxiety disorder, that sometimes can be a barrier to communication. She was very sympathetic, and thought what I told her was powerful. She told me my talents were unique, and that they were really important to the work of the team. When I told her, I was able to talk more freely without my anxiety getting in the way.

So the result of my test is that many of my fears are indeed irrational. Sometimes when you challenge the anxiety, the fear vanishes, and suddenly there is a massive shift in perception. Those anxious thoughts can appear like a lead weight, but they become as light as air when you break through the fear and shift perception to the positive.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

My head hurts. I've been looking at college courses all morning/afternoon so far trying to figure out what I want and need to take this semester. I need to take an oral communications course sometime before I graduate. Most of them are senior seminars, which involve 20+ page papers and class presentations. The thought alone makes me want to throw up. I'd like to try to avoid those kinds of classes as much as possible. :sad:

I'm also debating on whether I want to take a drawing class. I miss the feeling I used to get when I would draw. I miss the inspiration. I so badly want to find a way to light a fire under myself to get into art again because I know I'm good at it. The inspiration has been mostly gone for years now though, only ever coming back once in a great while. The last time I took an art class in college though -- digital art a couple years ago -- I nearly had a panic attack with every critique day, and every time I walked in the room I was anxious the entire time. So much that I couldn't really focus on my work, all I could focus on was the time and count how many minutes left of misery before I could leave. My anxiety hinders my creativity A LOT and I never could figure out why or a way past it. :idontknow: I kind of want to push myself again, but I also don't want to fall flat on my face and fail a class that's supposed to be simple and fun.