Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

The third assault within four weeks or so took place on my campus this morning. Two were mugging and one was sexual assault. This makes me really nervous, especially since I'll be taking a class at night next semester.

Phoenixx

You can order online through 1800PetMeds. I'm sure he hates itching even more than you hate hearing it! :)
^ I always thought that was just one of those commercials that really wasn't what it seemed. Like they promote cheap prices, but I always figured there was a catch, so I never tried it because of that reason. But I guess it really is pretty legit?

Silatuyok

^ I always thought that was just one of those commercials that really wasn't what it seemed. Like they promote cheap prices, but I always figured there was a catch, so I never tried it because of that reason. But I guess it really is pretty legit?

I used it for a couple of years and never had a problem. If you have a regular veterinarian they will just contact him/her to get a prescription before they mail it out.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Rainy day today :) I've been so busy in the next month, just the idea of having the time to make some coffee and read a book or play accordion all day sounds like paradise. Simple things are the best.

coyote

Happy Birthday!

a8za.jpg

It seems like there is a downside to any substance that feels good or is fun in any way.

I really want some coffee today. Cold weather makes me want coffee, I think.

Actually... summer makes me want iced coffee, too.

I like the little buzz I get from caffeine, but too much of it, or drinking it too quickly, or drinking it on an even slightly hungry stomach makes me soooo anxious. But it can be hard to moderate because it's not like you can measure the specific amount of caffeine in your coffee. It's not like alcohol. No one even seems to take caffeine as serious as an actual drug even though it is, and it's been known to cause all sorts of problems (NOT that I want them to; we don't need the government regulating our caffeine intake now do we? Oh god can you imagine?)

I read a study saying that people who drank 2-3 cups of coffee per day (or something like that) were less likely to have suicidal tendencies, and they think it's because caffeine stimulates dopamine receptors in the brain. Haha! It does stimulate dopamine receptors, but who knows how accurate that study was. Correlation /= causation and all... coincidence? I don't remember the details.

The point of this long rambling post is... I wish I could have all the fun feel-good aspects of caffeine without the jitters, insomnia, and whatever else. But life doesn't seem to work that way :)

vickiekitties

It seems like there is a downside to any substance that feels good or is fun in any way.

I like the little buzz I get from caffeine, but too much of it, or drinking it too quickly, or drinking it on an even slightly hungry stomach makes me soooo anxious. But it can be hard to moderate because it's not like you can measure the specific amount of caffeine in your coffee. It's not like alcohol. No one even seems to take caffeine as serious as an actual drug even though it is, and it's been known to cause all sorts of problems (NOT that I want them to; we don't need the government regulating our caffeine intake now do we? Oh god can you imagine?)

I read a study saying that people who drank 2-3 cups of coffee per day (or something like that) were less likely to have suicidal tendencies, and they think it's because caffeine stimulates dopamine receptors in the brain. Haha! It does stimulate dopamine receptors, but who knows how accurate that study was. Correlation /= causation and all... coincidence? I don't remember the details.

The point of this long rambling post is... I wish I could have all the fun feel-good aspects of caffeine without the jitters, insomnia, and whatever else. But life doesn't seem to work that way :)

Oh man, coffee is good. My sister gives me bags all the time, she works at a coffee roasting facility. I'm always drinking black coffee and not eating or sleeping. @_@ It hurts the brainmeats.
The lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine content. So a darker roast has less caffeine, which explains why decaf coffee tastes like nasty ash. :/

dottie

yessssss. ugh. coffee is so bad for people with anxiety... i honestly have no business drinking coffee, but i love the way it tastes and the initial wake-me-up... i've been contemplating switching to half-caf.

What do you do when someone asks you to help with a psychological problem that a psychologist would have their hands full with, and said person refuses to see a psychologist?

Essentially what happens is I get a problem dumped on me that I can barely understand, let alone give advice to. I don't like it when people do that.

GhoulsNightOut

i love not being on my period. so happy.

lol....

*****Warning: Too much information ahead (maybe?)*****
|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

When I was a very unhealthy teenager, I used to menstruate only a few times a year. So believe it or not, I'm actually glad when I get my period monthly nowadays because it means I'm healthy...ish. It's still irregular but that's because I don't have money to eat a healthy diet. :\
But of course, those days still suck. I just wanna stay home and do nuttin'.