Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

JuiceB

^ Fry the bananas in a bit of oil (whichever you prefer, I'd probably use coconut oil) to get them browned a little and then make a milky caramel sauce to drizzle over them by melting down the caramel slowly and then adding milk (maybe even some vanilla) and letting it simmer for a little...? Maybe add some spices to it (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) to add something a little extra....? I'm not sure if you were looking for ideas, but those jumped in my head when I saw your post.
I don't even think I'm confident enough to fry a banana.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I need to find a way to stop feeling so miserable everytime I have to visit my family. Overall I've been feeling great since more than a year, but everytime I have to see them, I feel an awful mix of shame, guilt, exasperation, pity and stress afterwards :sad: not cool.

MikeyC

Very Sexist Ads from the 50’s (24 pics) - Izismile.com

Having had this link pointed out to me,it makes me appreciate just how sexist society can be at times. If I was a woman, I'd burn my bra in protest! But to show my solidarity, I will burn my jockstrap instead. Since the dawn of time, woman have had to fight for equality. Well enough is enough! To show my support, I will uproot my testosterone flag and place it firmly into camp estrogen. Although while I'm there, I might need some help with the ironing, and I'm not too good at darning my socks. You know what, we can iron out these details later on, along with my shirts.
Oh, man, haha. I'm also glad we've evolved from this, but it shows how times were only a short few decades ago.

It also reminds me of this:

Sexist Coffee Ad (ca. 1960s) - YouTube

Capsaicin

These jalapeno pickles aren't spicy at all. I honestly can't taste it. It's not strong enough after everything I've eaten! :crying:

dottie

yeah, i don't have to wear a burqa but

220a51dea88973994b9d84e22aaeb4ac.jpg

Oh, and I was attacked by a magpie, because the day was running way too smoothly. :giggle:
Anywhere they are nesting, the parents get real "feisty". Here in NZ the magpies have made us their 2nd home. Used to have to "run the gamut" every day going to/from bustop for school (actually we rode motorbikes down our farm). The damn birds (esp when nesting season) would "dive bomb" us as we rode past their territory. A few times i heard claws on my helmet! (& made sure my eyes were screwed-up, as they are known to like small shiny objects to peck or take!) :eek:

i like turtles
My friend has a little turtle. he keeps it in a large tank, and lets it out every day to roam the floors. I think they live longer than cats/dogs. The big ones can live up to 100 i think. Possibly a pet i could handle, as low maintenance (about same as fish, but lives much longer).

Kiwong

^ Fortunately all the cranky magpies live south of were I am. I see a lot of bike riders with spikes sticking on top of their helmets.

Phoenixx

I don't even think I'm confident enough to fry a banana.
^ :giggle: I've never fried a banana before, I've just seen it done. (I sometimes watch the Food Network too much for my own good.) I'd like to try it someday though, make something unique with it.

This past week was sooo good for me. I needed it. Checked out an amazing college, met a really awesome person, got a postcard with her e-mail from said person, got good news from my nutritionist and my body is getting back on track again after feeling pretty sick for the last few weeks, crossed 2 more foods off my allergy list, randomly hung out with an acquaintance and I've been pushing myself to be more open, talked to my brother and his girlfriend the other day, my brother decided to be uber nice and is giving me his old phone since he bought a new one, I went to a wedding yesterday without feeling so anxious or self-conscious, I got to see and talk to a couple people I haven't seen in a while, and I finally received my Associate's degree in the mail yesterday. :)

Now I'm ready to spend today relaxing and being lazy.

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I think I got to a level where I'm a good enough musician to be a beggar, and I find it strangely reassuring for my future

Ithior

For some reason I really feel like getting a Nintendo 3DS and buying Pokemon Y. Haven't played much since Pokemon Ruby which was many years ago, but for some reason I really want to play this new one.

I had also said before that I had no motivation to go find a job. I thought I could put these two together, so I'll gift myself the 3DS and the game if I manage to get myself a job.

Phoenixx

For some reason I really feel like getting a Nintendo 3DS and buying Pokemon Y. Haven't played much since Pokemon Ruby which was many years ago, but for some reason I really want to play this new one.
^ I wish I had the money this year to purchase both. Pokemon X/Y looks pretty incredible, given all the new stuff they're throwing into it.

I remember getting Pokemon Sapphire for my 10th birthday, and I was so disappointed with it I didn't play any of the other games for years. It wasn't until last year I finally gave Pokemon Platinum a go and I loved it. Same with White and Black 2. I'm currently playing Leaf Green now, which is the 3rd gen remake of Pokemon Red/Blue. It's pretty good, but I don't think it's one of my favorites.

Ithior

^ I wish I had the money this year to purchase both. Pokemon X/Y looks pretty incredible, given all the new stuff they're throwing into it.

I remember getting Pokemon Sapphire for my 10th birthday, and I was so disappointed with it I didn't play any of the other games for years. It wasn't until last year I finally gave Pokemon Platinum a go and I loved it. Same with White and Black 2. I'm currently playing Leaf Green now, which is the 3rd gen remake of Pokemon Red/Blue. It's pretty good, but I don't think it's one of my favorites.

I think I tried Leaf Green in an emulator, but the last part of the game deviated a bit from the original so I didn't play further. Anyway, I can only afford it because I saved up money from allowances and because I don't have any bills to pay right now. I found a 2nd hand 3DS that apparently is good as new, if I get it I'll save up to 55€.

MMGiru

Random thought: "****-a-duck." <Comes to mind with some regularity.

Also, to Poke fans: may I recommend Pokemon Reborn? It's a sort of high-strategy, fan-made game. Some of the gym leaders are a smidge brutal, which is a big part of the appeal.

Ithior

Random thought: "****-a-duck." <Comes to mind with some regularity.

Also, to Poke fans: may I recommend Pokemon Reborn? It's a sort of high-strategy, fan-made game. Some of the gym leaders are a smidge brutal, which is a big part of the appeal.

Is it PC only? Might give it a shot, though I would prefer playing on my tablet. My tablet isn't very good so it probably wouldn't be able to handle it anyway.

MMGiru

Their system reccs are as follows:

Windows XP or later
Mac OS with Wine
2+ GB RAM (4+ Better)
300 MB Hard Drive Space

I suppose this post merits another random thought. "I wanna try open multiplayer Civ V again" comes to mind.

Phoenixx

I think I tried Leaf Green in an emulator, but the last part of the game deviated a bit from the original so I didn't play further. Anyway, I can only afford it because I saved up money from allowances and because I don't have any bills to pay right now. I found a 2nd hand 3DS that apparently is good as new, if I get it I'll save up to 55€.
^ That's what I'm currently playing mine on is in an emulator. It does have some changes, but I think it's still pretty close to the original. I just wish there were better wild pokemon selections in Leaf Green. :/ I wanted to raise myself an Arcanine and couldn't unless I cheat or start a whole new Fire Red game and trade over.

Sounds like a good deal. Hope you get that 3DS. :perfect:

^ Thanks for sharing! I'll be saving this to play in the future. :)

MikeyC

^ I have had dreams of taking my drum kit to the middle of Sydney/Wollongong and seeing what kind of cash I can get for playing. I'll likely never do it, but I always wonder!

Ithior

Their system reccs are as follows:

Well, I'm downloading it right now. Stuck at 77% though.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with people suddenly liking/commenting photos on your facebook that are 3 years old?