Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I just hope people don't bash their head so much on the walls in real life, because this forum is a serious case of --> :kickingmyself: overuse

Often I want to be more involved in peoples lives then I am, but at the same time I don't want to half-ass it either. To the point where I go;

'Would my aid help in this case with the effort and time I can spare right now? And will I be able to show similar consideration and affection for the next 5 people that also need it?''

More often then not resulting in me not doing anything for anyone (or not much of it, anyway), unless it incidentally falls onto my path somehow.

This has always been somewhat of a dilemma.

MollyBeGood

I just had the best idea on how to make money from home with my Mom. I am super psyched right now... Plus it would be helping tons of people become financially independent with all the info we would have.

message me if you want to know more btw it's good for anyone who likes babies/small children and wants to be self-employed work from home and make great money!

so cool :)

What? I can't hear you :kickingmyself: over the ringing :kickingmyself: in my head. :kickingmyself: :)

What the secret scientists of the internet have kept classified until now is that '':kickingmyself:'' isn't someone banging their head on a wall at all.

It is, in fact, a emoticon symbolizing the utmost inefficient way; ..to eat a giant bun-les hotdog.

I just had the best idea on how to make money from home with my Mom. I am super psyched right now... Plus it would be helping tons of people become financially independent with all the info we would have.

message me if you want to know more btw it's good for anyone who likes babies/small children and wants to be self-employed work from home and make great money!

Okay I'm definitely curious (how do you do a raised eyebrow emoticon?)

What the secret scientists of the internet have kept classified until now is that '':kickingmyself:'' isn't someone banging their head on a wall at all.

It is, in fact, a emoticon symbolizing the utmost inefficient way; ..to eat a giant bun-les hotdog.

By osmosis? Just slam it against your forehead enough times and it will magically appear in your stomach? Yeah, that's inefficient.

It could also be a martial arts technique gone wrong.

:kickingmyself::kickingmyself::kickingmyself:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Eating a giant bun-less hot-dog by osmosis... Who would have thought

I will never see this emoticon the same way ever again

coyote

uhm... there are whole websites devoted to that sort of thing

you can find them better if you take your google off "safe search" mode

MikeyC

No. Just... no. I only do pantless hugs. (I may have yelled at you when you came at me in your underwear, but it's only because I didn't want you to know how much I love a good butt-naked bear hug!) ;)
You yell with love, so it's all good. :D

Often I want to be more involved in peoples lives then I am, but at the same time I don't want to half-ass it either. To the point where I go;

'Would my aid help in this case with the effort and time I can spare right now? And will I be able to show similar consideration and affection for the next 5 people that also need it?''

More often then not resulting in me not doing anything for anyone (or not much of it, anyway), unless it incidentally falls onto my path somehow.

This has always been somewhat of a dilemma.
Are you worried about emotional overload with helping people? I'm sure anyone would enjoy any sort of assistance if you can help them. :thumbup:

this_portrait

I seem to be having trouble dissociating from reality lately, probably because it hasn't sucked as much. It still would be nice to escape as much as I was before things started looking up more.

Flanscho

Later this month I'll go with some friends to the WGT. It's a huge festival. We'll be on our way to it on a thursday, arriving in the late afternoon, and we leave on tuesday morning. We'll be, as always, camping there. That event always makes me nervous, though I've been there already three or four times.

What makes me nervous is... there is just so little privacy, and so many opportunities to fail.

What I don't like about the event is:
- setting up the tents (I roughly get mine up somehow and help others, but I'm not good at it)
- waiting in a long line in the morning to shower
- nearly no privacy
- if I want to spend time alone, I feel weird, since the city will be crowded with over 20.000 visitors for that festival alone, who run around everywhere in groups
- risk of getting stuff stolen at the camping place

On the other hand, the festival got a lot to offer:
- currently 125 guaranteed artists and bands, but they'll be more (last year, there were over 200)
- free public transportation in the city
- it takes place in an interesting city with a rich history that got a lot to offer
- strolling over the medieval market, sitting in the gras, listening to some bands
- getting to know new bands with friends
- free entry to most museums in the city
- free poetry and novel readins
- free entry to many movies in cinemas
- seeing bands I like live

So... I'll get more nervous the closer that event is. But I think it'll be alright. Sadly, my best friend won't be in our car for the trip there and back, since she has to work on those days and thus takes the plane. And sadly, a couple of bands I enjoy a lot and that are often at that festival won't perform this year.

Oh well...

wgt132_v-standardBig_zc-3ad1f7a1.jpg

00_WGT%202012-0081.jpg

l.jpg

Last edited:

I must know the secret :x