Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

il_fullxfull.403087268_alfu.jpg

truffleshuffle

Do I look like I'm made of money, huh? HUH?!? I'm broke :crying:

there cheep man I got my small one for 5 bucks at walmart. and a bigger one only cost something like 20 or so or atleast it did but I got mine on sale for around 10 last year. There are also knock offs places sell for less as well.

MikeyC

Also, I have decided I am never making cheeseburgers again. It seems no matter how long I cook them they come out pink in the middle :veryangry:
Having the patty slightly pink in the middle is awesome. Gives it more flavour and more juices.

Starry

I agree there. I may be labeled a nutjob but I don't care. I'm not 100% comfortable with vaccinations myself. I'm not necessarily against them, but they make me uneasy... And my mother has spent a good chunk of time researching them because of issues we've had with them in the past. One of my sisters had a really scary reaction to one of them, in her leg right around the injection site. I don't think it was a coincidence.

I also very much doubt it was a coincidence, and I'm sorry for your sister. My husband was very ill as a child after contracting mumps, seemingly from the vaccine he was given, his family thought he might have died and the doctor said it was the worst case he'd ever seen... This is a factor in my current research into vaccines.

I'm still looking into vaccines generally... The list of ingredients in them alone is enough to make you take a step back and think "hang on a minute", but when you look into the side effects, and reactions some people have, not to mention reports concerning the efficacy it makes you wonder all the more... And when you look at that report I mentioned where officials are actually trying to keep information from the public and downplay how bad some reactions are, it makes you wonder if they should be used or not. Personally, I'm still in two minds about them, I can't quite make a decision about the risks on both sides... It may simply require a vaccine by vaccine decision, rather than a blanket one.

I finally got to listen to a CD I've been waiting two weeks to arrive and it was good! ^_^ Now I'll have another two week wait for the other two I ordered... *Sigh*

People become so defensive when you say anything that goes against part of his or her lifestyle, or beliefs, or whatever. Whenever I mention vegetarianism/veganism I can almost guarantee there will be rampant defensiveness. Just say the words "I don't eat meat" and you'll make some new enemies, heh. Puhlease. No one is forcing you to do anything, live and let live.

coyote

i tasked my assistant, Hubert, with interviewing an official* from my local Public Health Department concerning the safety of the vaccines that they routinely administer

she stated that there are, indeed, side effects that can be experienced with nearly all vaccines

however, the incidence of side effects is extremely low - there is as much risk of being struck by lightning. you are far more likely to be injured or killed in an automobile accident than you are of contracting a serious illness from a vaccine. perhaps we should stop driving.

there are also far, far more studies by qualified researchers - peer reviewed and vetted - that establish the safety of vaccines than there are credible studies indicating an unacceptable level of risk (the often-cited study linking the MMR vaccine and autism was fabricated, and the man who published it admitted this in a public news conference, but people still wave this one around)

of more concern is the effectiveness of many of the vaccines currently in use. the problem there is that while the number of virus and bacteria strains continue to grow and mutate, the pharmaceutical companies have not kept pace in research and development to produce vaccines to counter them - the reason being that it is not very profitable for them.

but for communicable illnesses, such as the flu, even preventing one person from contracting the virus prevents the spread of the same virus to unknown number of people that they might come in contact with - each incidence of success has an immeasurable ripple effect. so even if the vaccine isn't 100% effective in stopping the virus in everyone who gets the shot, it still makes a considerable impact.

as far as there being some sort of government cover up - anyone who has ever worked for a government agency knows that they are best at grinding away very slowly, deliberately, and cautiously, and spend more time producing paperwork to protect themselves against an overly litigious public than they do actually making any real progress.

oh, and she said the best way to combat disease is to wash your hands frequently and keep from touching your face

*my girlfriend, a Registered Nurse for 30 years

Last edited:

knowledgeofself

People become so defensive when you say anything that goes against part of his or her lifestyle, or beliefs, or whatever. Whenever I mention vegetarianism/veganism I can almost guarantee there will be rampant defensiveness. Just say the words "I don't eat meat" and you'll make some new enemies, heh. Puhlease. No one is forcing you to do anything, live and let live.

yea its a bit silly really, its your own choice and personal preference. people get defensive I think because of the holier than thou types that preach about why they don't eat meat or dairy/meat products, it makes them feel they are in some way bad about eating what they eat and their moral stance or that they are being judged negatively. but then its also them being insecure in some ways too. thats my take on it anyway.

Roman Legion

Thinking of getting back into Star Trek Online, despite no longer having access to my old account and all the stuff I bought for it, I do miss playing that game.

jaim38

Today I was in the middle of taking a timed test when I had a mini breakdown. My mind was wandering and brought up horrible memories from the past. Memories evoked pent up emotions which led to me crying during the middle of the test. I had to take several minutes of time out to calm down. After that, I realized oh sh**, I had many more questions to go but only 17-18 minutes to finish, so I had to rush and skip over at least 5 questions. At the end of the day, I don't have a good feeling about my grade for this test. If I didn't let my emotions and memories take control of me, I would have done better.

truffleshuffle

Today I was in the middle of taking a timed test when I had a mini breakdown. My mind was wandering and brought up horrible memories from the past. Memories evoked pent up emotions which led to me crying during the middle of the test. I had to take several minutes of time out to calm down. After that, I realized oh sh**, I had many more questions to go but only 17-18 minutes to finish, so I had to rush and skip over at least 5 questions. At the end of the day, I don't have a good feeling about my grade for this test. If I didn't let my emotions and memories take control of me, I would have done better.
Maybe it ws the stress of the test that had you breaking down and remembering horrible memories fromt he past? I think I do that sometimes when I am stressed out.

jaim38

Maybe it ws the stress of the test that had you breaking down and remembering horrible memories fromt he past? I think I do that sometimes when I am stressed out.

No, I don't think I feel stressed out. I studied a lot for this test and was prepared pretty much. I think it's probably the weather outside; it was gloomy, dark and rainy, and I notice my mind has a tendency to wander during such days. And maybe that had an effect on my mood too.

I also had some thoughts about spirits looking over my shoulder and watching everything that I do, so I felt some pressure to try to "impress" those spirits. This sounds very looney. Later I told myself to stop impressing other people, spirits, or whoever! THe only person I should be impressing is God (and myself). =)

Thankfully, I did well on my first 2 tests as well as other assignments, so even if I did poorly on this one, I can make it up during the final exam.

Last edited:
Welp, I've made some drastic decisions in the past few weeks. I'm kind of bothered by the way things are working out though. I understand there needs to be control, but it feels like there's too much. The way this world is formalized is really annoying.

GhastlyCC

I had a bit of a breakdown today.
It was rather sudden and nothing specific brought it on.
I had just gotten home from the library...and I was washing my clothes.
Next thing I knew I was lying on the floor drowning in self pity. :p

The **** is wrong with me...

I understand what that's like, sometimes I wonder if I'm bipolar or something. Dunno.

Anyway, just saw a youtube video. This truly is amazing, haven't ever heard of anything like this before. A KFC with only deaf workers. The entire store is tailored to the deaf, allowing for these disabled people to get work. Truly phenomenal, we need more like this.

Karl Pilkington goes to KFC in Egypt - YouTube

EscapeArtist

It's okay to have these moments.. sometimes things just can't hide anymore. Hope you felt better after it was out