Post what you cannot say

Hot_Tamale

That sounds really interesting Tamale! I'd be keen to at least join in and give it a go. Do you have any ideas as in the setting, time etc?
A series with a whole bunch of characters obviously, cartoon or real life setting? Is everyone familiar with Star Wars or Disney Movies? Everyone knows about those characters in movies by now. I also didn't want to make it because members posts on the forum can be weeks apart sometimes and that could cause problems with the story line.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
A series with a whole bunch of characters obviously, cartoon or real life setting? Is everyone familiar with Star Wars or Disney Movies? Everyone knows about those characters in movies by now. I also didn't want to make it because members posts on the forum can be weeks apart sometimes and that could cause problems with the story line.

Yes I'm familiar with star wars (who isn't lol). I love that setting.

I've just been to see 'The Last Jedi' in 3D.. I have to say it was awesome!

HexNoir

Nobody understand me. Even people have same disorder with me! They're so stupid.

I know my words mean nothing (I'm just a person on a forum), but they really do understand some of what you're going through. That's one thing we share.

LoyalXenite

I've seen on other forums before where users start a kind of "RPG" (role playing game). Forum members select their own character from a genre of video game or movie/TV show and start interacting with other "characters" in the thread. So it's like a never ending story. I've thought of starting something like that on SPW but I never got the courage.

sounds a bit like a cross between virtual larping and a virtual d&d game

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

I'm Han Solo, I know that.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
How many more months or years of my life d'ye want me to waste, eh? :thumbdown:

I'm getting fed-up being burden with your problems. I know it means f*ck all but I've got my own issues. Ye think ah f*ckin' enjoy being the scapegoat and the son you should've raised, but ye couldnae be arsed to. Cuz you werr to busy spoiling the middle child who aspires to an upper class lifestyle, and still behaves like a teenager. Great job there, Mum. And ya wonder why me n' her don't get along...

Here's a hint: Ah don't see myself as better or smarter than anyone else. If anything, most folk are better and smarter than me. Oh! And ah huv'nae forgot how to be grateful for what ye have...

You don't know what it's like to be me. It's lonely and scary. I have a lot of unresolved pain. You take for granted how uncomplicated it is for you to just be yourself. You don't have to worry about projecting what you think others are thinking or saying about you. I have to struggle every day with the simple task of just saying hello to a stranger.

Graeme1988

Why d'you pick the most awkward time to discuss things with me, huh? Every-f*ckin'-time ! So, now ye want to talk about me moving out n' why ah shouldnae dae it?! Piss off! Ah gave you plenty o 'chances, and actually try to breach the topiv but... Naw ! A scowl n' the silent treatment from you as per feckin' usual! :thumbdown:

"Oh, but Graeme, I'll change. I'll be a better person. Please, ah promise ye!"
Bit too late for that, isn't it? Considering how, for the last 15 f*ckin' years, I've repeatedly told what needs to change - basically told you how to be a parent. But ya didnae bother yer arse to listen tae me.

Nope! Ya, either, just glared at me, as if that wus gonnae make me crap ma breeks. Or ya made excuses that sounded a lot like promises... that you weren't going to keep anyway

Ah gave you more chances than ya actually bloody deserved. And you wasted 'em ! Ya just gave me the same old, pathetic "Woe-is-me", self-pitying, manipulative, horse$h!t speech every time. Breaking down in tears to make it seem like ah wus in the wrong... :crying:

You made it all about you - not that that surprises me. :eek:mg: :kickingmyself:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Stop doubting and contradict me... If you believe I'm the more "sensible one" then please show me that courtesy, eh? Ah only mock yer intelligence cuz you huv a habit of saying dumb stuff - and yer hair colour...

Oh, and would it be too much to ask for you to be more positive, huh? Or do I need to contract HIV just so I'm only one in this family who's positive? :bigsmile:

Hot_Tamale

Stop doubting and contradict me... If you believe I'm the more "sensible one" then please show me that courtesy, eh? Ah only mock yer intelligence cuz you huv a habit of saying dumb stuff - and yer hair colour...

Oh, and would it be too much to ask for you to be more positive, huh? Or do I need to contract HIV just so I'm only one in this family who's positive? :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Is "Ah don't know" :idontknow: your go-to answer for every question I ask you? :eek:mg: :kickingmyself: Cuz I'm getting really fed-up hearing those words all the time. Sorry, but yer not exactly helping change my opinion of you as a parent or redemption yersel', Mum. Maybe it's not the colour of yer hair, it could be in the genes. And not yer trousers... Sorry, the "Dad jokes" are my only means of coping at this point. Booze does bugger all.

Though, I am contemplating writing a comedy show to take up to Edinburgh in a year's time. :thinking: Cuz this family... Sod write material, making stuff up or exaggerating for comic affect, I just need to talk about what it's like growing up with a family that mental. That's the great thing about actual dysfunctional families, the comedy just writes itself.

Graeme1988

I am getting really tired o' you and this bull$h!t... :veryangry:

Ya never listen to me. Ye f*ckin' mope, ya play the victim to try n' gain sympathy n' feel sorry fur yersel'. Yer quick to take umbrage whenever me or yer other 2 bairns call you stupid and openly question your intelligence. But yer always f*ckin' quick to chime in with your opinion on any decision ah make fur masel' when ah didnae ask you. And how it's "stupid", "pointless", "No worth it", etc.. But oh, it's a different story if ah say summit negative. :thumbdown:

Ye do realise I'm the one keeping this clan of Jeremy Kyle Show applicants together, right? Believe you me, ah take on more responsibility for this family than you ever will. Or d'ye think ah actually enjoy having put myself last cuz I'm always making for the fact you're lazy? Making sure stuff gets done. :kickingmyself: Ye think ah like having do stuff myself, because none o' yous bother yer arses to help me when asked, unless I ask more than once.

Graeme1988

Why, why should I get along wi' you lot? Considering how this family has treated me over the year, gimme a reason? Ye seriously expect me to get along with someone who has not only resent me ma whole life, but flee into a rage at hearing a different opinion? Ha! Nay chance... and ya say I'm unreasonable.

Graeme1988

I'm getting really fed-up with you making every decision I make for myself about you, somehow. :kickingmyself: C'mon, this is getting really redundant now. :no:

If I was moving out because of you, there was a "Yes or No" question on the housing application form about domestic abuse which I skipped over. I could've ticked it "Yes", though, given your treatment of me since we moved house back in '93. But ah never, y'know why? Cuz despite it all... Despite where you clearly failed as a parent, yer still ma mother. And ah don't think it's possible to actually hate you enough to justify cut ye outta my life completely. And, eh...
crying.gif
Sorry.

I just want a place of my own, that's all.

Phoenixx

I've been thinking about you lately... Actually I've been thinking about a lot of old friends, but you're always the one to come up first. I miss how we would talk pretty much every day, hang out in between classes and right after school. You rode the same bus as I did, since you were practically my neighbor, so we got to hang out for at least a half hour after school.

We were best friends. I felt so comfortable around you, felt like I could be myself and not worry. You never teased me like my other crappy friends did at the time. But the one thing you did, always did, was when you got a girlfriend, you cut everyone out. You didn't cut me out totally though. You would always come back to talk eventually.

Well, it wasn't like that my junior year, your senior year. You had dated some pretty horrible girls in the past, but you finally found one that was nice to you. I was happy for you, but crushed that you didn't even bother with me anymore. You wouldn't talk to me, if you saw me you just smiled and said Hi. You didn't make conversation, and even when I tried, you wouldn't really say much.

Now we haven't hung out in two years. I managed to finally have a conversation with you last year, but it still felt dead. Things weren't great for you job/money wise, but you were still dating the same girl, and you were even engaged (which you never even told me. I managed to find out from someone else). You seemed happy enough at the time. I just hope you're happy now, and in a better situation job wise.
Seven years later and I ended up marrying you. I always knew there was something special about you, and somehow -- despite all the garbage I pushed through and the crap that life handed to me -- the universe brought you back to me, and I to you. I thought you were crazy you wanted to go out with me. I thought you were batshit insane when you said you were moving with me to the city -- a decision I had made a year in advance to get my education and to escape my family. We weren't even together a year when you were making all these decisions in order to be with me. I thought for sure you'd get sick of me and leave eventually, especially once you found out that I dealt with depression and anxiety and (thanks to my mother) also had my fair share of anger issues. No matter how many times I snapped at you, cried from overwhelming anxiety, got absolutely nothing done due to depression, you stayed. Even when you didn't understand -- and still entirely don't -- you still were there for me. Listening. You didn't always say anything, and that was okay. You were, and still are my comfort and to this day I still feel like there's not enough I can ever do to thank you for all you've done for me.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Seven years later and I ended up marrying you. I always knew there was something special about you, and somehow -- despite all the garbage I pushed through and the crap that life handed to me -- the universe brought you back to me, and I to you. I thought you were crazy you wanted to go out with me. I thought you were batshit insane when you said you were moving with me to the city -- a decision I had made a year in advance to get my education and to escape my family. We weren't even together a year when you were making all these decisions in order to be with me. I thought for sure you'd get sick of me and leave eventually, especially once you found out that I dealt with depression and anxiety and (thanks to my mother) also had my fair share of anger issues. No matter how many times I snapped at you, cried from overwhelming anxiety, got absolutely nothing done due to depression, you stayed. Even when you didn't understand -- and still entirely don't -- you still were there for me. Listening. You didn't always say anything, and that was okay. You were, and still are my comfort and to this day I still feel like there's not enough I can ever do to thank you for all you've done for me.

That was so nice to read, I'm glad you have someone to tell such incredibly kind things to say about. :)

(And I know this is the post what you cannot say thread, but I reckon anyone would be happy to hear something like that said to them ;))

F0AM

: ) This is What happens when the Heart is the one typing and not the hands.

I'm sure that person would be Happy to hear this. How can those beautiful words not be said?

Thank you for posting this (really) and welcome back Phoenix!

P.S nope i'm no crying....T-T where's the *******ed ice-cream?! (And theres a beautiful song being played on TV while i read this!)

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Ahhh thank you guys! :blushing: I have told him similar things before, especially about him being crazy haha. That's who he is though. He's the "dive all in" to my "tread carefully." But ultimately I haven't really told him that I feel that there's nothing more I can do to thank him. But he knows I try really hard to work through my issues and just be a hardworking person in general in our relationship, with school, and with work itself. He never hesitates to give me a thank you or lets me know I'm doing a good job and that he's proud of me -- Words I didn't grow up hearing much from my own parents.