Post a random fact about yourself...

planemo

Ooh, difficult one.

Probably either Bedshaped or Perfect Symmetry. If I had to chose, I'd go for Bedshaped, but only because i've only heard Perfect Symmetry a few times.

Good choice :). I never really enjoy the Perfect Symmetry album but they're still a brilliant band. My fav is still "Nothing in my way". Under the iron sea was just a brilliant album. :D

MikeyC

I do ok with it. I start out with my hands sweating and feeling like I'm going to stop breathing and pass out but then I just focus on making the drinks and pasting a smile on my face then I'm ok. It's good practice.
You have to deal with drunk people, too, which is basically throwing you in the deep end of the pool! At least you're getting through it.

I have my certificates to work in a bar myself, but I never used them, haha. I got them, then realised working in a bar would suck tremendously and never applied for any jobs.

Agent_Violet

You have to deal with drunk people, too, which is basically throwing you in the deep end of the pool! At least you're getting through it.

I have my certificates to work in a bar myself, but I never used them, haha. I got them, then realised working in a bar would suck tremendously and never applied for any jobs.

I prefer working with them late in the evening when they're all fired up. It's the sober,focused people who scare me...they're the ones with all the Nosey questions that put me on the spot. The drunk ones are too wrapped up in themselves and having a good time to notice me or ask me anything other than " what's that drink you make that tastes like a jolly rancher?"

I'm awesome with organizing things that have a visual reference, but I am almost incompetent when it comes to mathematical organization.

I have to see amounts of numbers as shapes for example, otherwise I can't do it. ''100'' for example is a circle, ''25'' is a quarter circle.

Smaller numbers of like five I don't see as shapes, but as patterns. ''5'' is a horizontal row (of any small object) of 3 on top, and a row of 2 below that:

If I don't use these mental visual aids, I simply can't wrap my head around it. I can do very simple ones though.

MikeyC

I prefer working with them late in the evening when they're all fired up. It's the sober,focused people who scare me...they're the ones with all the Nosey questions that put me on the spot. The drunk ones are too wrapped up in themselves and having a good time to notice me or ask me anything other than " what's that drink you make that tastes like a jolly rancher?"
Ah, that's fair enough. Drunk people aren't as witty or prying...they just want more drinks and that's pretty much it! I can understand where you're coming from. :) As long as it works for you, then that's okay. Keep it up! :D

Phoenixx

I've been kicked out of my bed by my kitty.
^ I've almost been kicked out of bed by my kitty more than once. Sometimes when he sleeps next to me, he'll stretch all out. He's a really lanky cat, so when he stretches, he takes up most of the bed and I end up being on the very edge trying not to roll off. Then if I move him, he gets all upset and whines at me, haha.

Silatuyok

I have a bit of a voyeuristic tendency. I like walking around the neighborhood at night and catching a glimpse of people living their lives inside their houses. It gives me comfort.
No, I don't hide in bushes and stare at people through their windows. :)

I like to wear baseball hats and and caps, even when they are not weather appropriate. Like right now, I'm wearing one of these:

42-44147-Y.jpg

Actually, I've been wearing it all day. Inside my house. And it's been a relatively nice day outside; I'm not freezing or anything.

I also like to rock the cap, or beanie, as kids call them nowadays:

64-00780-Y.jpg

And I'm famous in my family for my collection of baseball caps. I'm infamous for the ways in which I wear them, which are illustrated below:

tumblr_lr05bzZdiO1qzqd5po1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Silentknight

I wear a beanie cap everyday with the bill facing backwards even though I live in a desert. (its become like my security blanket)

tenuous~hold

I feel sorry for everything. Even things that humans shouldn't possibly be able to empathize with, like plants. (Probably why I'm about the only member of this site who defends spiders...)

One time I accidentally ran over a toad with a lawn mower and cut it's leg off... one of the saddest days of my life.

i constantly defend spiders (& photograph them when i can).

i took photos of one very much like this one, but not sure if i can upload photos to show, so this will have to do:

wolfspider5_14_08.jpg

btw, i totally understand about the toad. that is heartbreaking!

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Spiders are great!
They EAT blackflies!
If there's ever been anything SO annoying and in way too much excess in this area; it's black-friggin-flies.

I've freed quite a few dragonflies from spider webs before; but I won't kill a spider if it's not necessary-- always best to catch and release.