(People over 25 perferably) What was better, your teens or your 20's?

Which was better for you?

• Teens were better

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • 20's were better

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Not much of a difference

Votes: 28 30.1%

• Total voters

I'm 19 so my teen years are pretty much over and they sucked. Hopefully my 20's will be better. Which was better for you?

JackOfSpades

In my teens every emotion felt dramatic and sensationalized. Especially negative ones. And many people were forced into my life by school, many of them awful but at least one really good friend. And I was social occasionally because of the people school puts around you.

In my 20s it's easier to find a lot less horrible people, and many adults are maturer and welcoming, at least on the surface level. But deep bonds are harder to forge, as everyone seems to have their own life going on. So, while there's more choice of people, and less dramatic pain for me, some assembly is required or it's easy to become invisible.

20s less dramatic. Teens deeper friendship. It's actually pretty hard to choose.

I'm Not There

I'm turning 23 in two months. My teens (especially 18-19) were terrible, so I'll assume that things can only get better now.

dean01

im 34 and i would say i felt my best up to age 15 then my sa peaked in my late teens / early twentys and things have slowly become better, not because my sa is better but because ive found my limits.

MikeyC

My teens were bad, but my 20's haven't been too much better. I'll say my 20's have been better, but they've been sometimes just as bad as my teens sometimes.

My depression didn't kick in until I was 14 so that alone makes my teen years worse.

aquarius86

I'm 26 and I have more freedom now than when I was a teen but I loved my teen years, all I had to worry about was getting my homework done. Now, I have bills to pay, relationships to keep up and a busy schedule with very little sleep.

It's hard to say.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Well for me the teens where bad cause I was 310 or so pounds, people insulted me because of my weight, my grades in school slipped because of depression causing me to look horrendously dim and being insulted more etc...
The 20s where bad because even though I've lost about 95 pounds (my lowest was 197), I still think people see me as less intelligent, I've only been on 2 dates (both when I was 24), I've got a terrible job, oh and I nearly died in a car crash (when I was 24).

Duzmiu

not much of a difference for me except when i was in early teens my old best mate would always give my the courage to go out and about with him and we looked after each other aswell but ive always had SA and mild avpd. even when i was a child i had it according to my mother when i was a toddler i use to avoid people i didnt know or be rude to them...guess ive always been a bit of a misserable f**ker :D

Dreamscape

My childhood years are better than both teen and after 20s. I had less anxiety and feeling like i have no responsibles to worry about. As I grow things are only getting harder for me.

Agent_Violet

my teens and early 20s sucked hardcore.It got massively better at 25 and now that I'm 30 I feel more in control of myself and more accepting of myself than ever.

Section_31

kinda meh to both really...

i guess i could say my late teen years were better but...eh

i dont know what to say to this really lol

Flanscho

The older I get, the better things become, because I learn more about myself and about my friends. Now I'm in my early 30s.

outofthisworld

For me and for lots of people that I've met over the years, high school is the worst, when you get into college and university, it's so much better, people seem to grow and the environment is bigger plus you are going to a completely new place, I felt normal in my college years it was great.
i'm 27 now.

coyote

no comparison really

when i graduated and turned 18, i became a responsible adult, joined the US Marines, traveled the world, made some money, had "relationships" with a couple of dozen women, bought my first car (and my second), rented my first apartment, got married, started to college - all before i was 25.

before that, i was just a kid living with my mom and dad

just because your "whole life" has been what has up until now, it doesn't mean it will always be that way