(People over 25 perferably) What was better, your teens or your 20's?

Which was better for you?

• Teens were better

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • 20's were better

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Not much of a difference

Votes: 28 30.1%

• Total voters

Kat

I'd say it's getting better but I still don't get out much which effects my confidence a bit going out is still a chore.

Ages 16-17 were horrible for me. That was when my mental health started getting really bad and I was hospitalized for severe depression 3 times. It was also made worse because I had absolutely no friends or acquaintances. Things are getting better so hopefully they will stay that way throughout my 20's.

lisam

Your 20's is about finding yourself and realising what is important and what is not. I'm 27 next week and in the last 5 years I have become so much stronger, I do not let men mess with my heart like I did in my teens, I have also dumped off all the friends that weren't proper friends, I have now been left with 3 or 4 very close friends. Which in my teens I would have been like ''oh i am such a loner'' but I would now rather have 3 amazing friends, than 25 not so great friends. I'm also better at saying no, not letting people walk all over me and asking for a pay rise! I am more honest and open about what I want also. I also did some travelling aged 22 which was a lot of fun and became settled in a job which meant I got promotions rather than job hoping like I used to in my teens.

MikeyC

I'm also better at saying no, not letting people walk all over me and asking for a pay rise!
Well done! I am 27 next year and I have still got to learn this. I'm glad you have gotten the courage to stand up for yourself. :thumbup:

20s, definitely. Both have been hard in terms of accepting my anxiety and working to live and function with it. But it feels like your teens are bogged down with doing what everyone else tells you to do. There is more freedom as you get older.

foyle

The older you get, the worst, because everybody move with their lives. People get married, they have kids and then,they disappear.

lilmutegirl

I'm 30 and voted that my 20s were better. Even though I have more responsibility and more that I could hypothetically worry about, the older I get, the less anxious I am. I had bad experiences in both my teens and 20s (directly and indirectly related to my SA). My baseline for anxiety has definitely decreased since my teens.