(People over 25 perferably) What was better, your teens or your 20's?

Which was better for you?

• Teens were better

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • 20's were better

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Not much of a difference

Votes: 28 30.1%

• Total voters

laure15

Not much of a difference, though I would say my 20s were a tad worse because I felt more suicidal and depressed. I've never been hated so much compared to my teen years, and that led to very low self-esteem and feeling worthless. On the other hand, I felt a bit more confident during my teen years and had the courage to go out of my comfort zone several times. I even got more compliments too.

mikebird

Banned
I was best when I was 4

I learned everything. I knew everything. My parents were stupid. I told them what to do. They did it. My parents hated themselves when I was born, because they didn't like being 50. They went on & on again about how being old is bad and makes you grumpy. I learned to be that way.

I think I liked being 25. But I knew everything would go downhill. I was right.

As with the thread, getting old is not about the physical body. Mine is much better now than when I was little, and getting better in speed and determination. I told myself right then that all I had left was my same creative mind, and an improving body, and it was clear I wouldn't earn a good living again. I did get some patchy roles, which I was very proud of to achieve, and didn't expect

If age 21 to 25 doesn't get you to be an entrepreneur, president, King, CEO, soldier, Judge, Doctor, Lawyer, Fireman, sports champion, inventor, or author, then life is over. With a social status of a reject, there is nothing ahead. Life dwindles. I am so glad that my childhood of medical horrors seems to be over already.

When I was age 4, I knew everything that I know now, and I remember every minute of everything that happened since then. Only in my '20s did I realise that the social world was against me; a personal war √

Last edited:

Unspoken

So far my teens were better. People in high school seemed more eager to make friends with other people in their classes and we had more time to visit, so I actually had company for awhile.

bcsr

21 is when I got my **** together, it's been much better since then. When you have bills and responsibilities, hiding away from the world is not really an option anymore. Forced me to learn to deal with my problems.

FruthhaFwap

How to lose weight ?

Women, girls, really need your advice
I used all methods of weight loss
who can help deal with this situation
And then completely give up, full of pessimism. I'm still young I'm 21
My height is 1 meter 63 cm and all ometski reached 75 kilograms ...

jaim38

^I do high intensity interval training (HIIT), weight training, and abs exercises for the past months and I lost around 12-15 pounds. I also ate less.

1BlackSheep

My late teens were probably the best time of my life. No obligations, was in good shape, had a lot of fun!

(Edited out the "WTH" because the spam posts were removed!)

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
Do you ever think of any work which is exactly the same as school

By the standards we all lived by - learning, practicing, improving, making mistakes, correcting them. Doing as told by teacher / boss, all for our good?

Putting aside earning an income, for now,

Should the way we do things be profoundly different between school & work?

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

In my teens every emotion felt dramatic and sensationalized. Especially negative ones. And many people were forced into my life by school, many of them awful but at least one really good friend. And I was social occasionally because of the people school puts around you.

In my 20s it's easier to find a lot less horrible people, and many adults are maturer and welcoming, at least on the surface level. But deep bonds are harder to forge, as everyone seems to have their own life going on. So, while there's more choice of people, and less dramatic pain for me, some assembly is required or it's easy to become invisible.

20s less dramatic. Teens deeper friendship. It's actually pretty hard to choose.

This is really interesting, but feels about the way things would head.

awkwardamanda

before that, i was just a kid living with my mom and dad

I'm 27 and I'm still just a kid living with my mom and dad. I don't think I'll feel grown up until I have a full time job and move out. One of these days...

In response to the question, 20s have been better in comparison. Not exactly great. Just somewhat better.

MikeyC

I'm 27 and I'm still just a kid living with my mom and dad. I don't think I'll feel grown up until I have a full time job and move out. One of these days...
I'm 26 and this pretty much describes me. We must break free from the shackles, Amanda! :thumbup:

very_shy

Voted for the 20s...

I am 29. I realized I have SP issues, when I was 17. This was my worst time. The highschool. I had no life: school and studying for at least 5 hours almost every day... Even at the university I did not study that much. When I was 21, I went for a walk alone for the first time in my life.

I now have a job in which I must deal with people. I improved some social skills, but still feel I am light years behind... I like job better than school.

MoonBoom

late teens, early 20's. But that's because I was in the midst of attempting to move on and find out what's wrong with me, start a life, and in doing so came upon some life experiences. There was never a conclusion though for myself.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Childhood and teen years sucked. It's a lot better now a days. Well... not really, I'm still full of problems, but in comparison, it's a lot better.