Openers to make friends or get a gf or bf

Dj SL

In brief, the trick is use openers. An opener is how you start a conversation.

First of all, you have to use non-verbal communication (make friendly eye contact, and smile). If the girl or guy look back to you in less than 60 seconds, that means she/he is interested.

After that, you have to approach to she/he and use an opener.

Classic openers: Hi, Hey, My name is...., You look like someone I'd like to meet.

Compliment openers: I like your hair.
you have a beautiful smile.
you have captivating eyes.
you are in a good shape.

Opinion openers: I need an opinion on something. You could really help me out; it'll only take a second.
That's a really cool tatoo! When did you get it? Like, how old were you?

Question openers: Excuse me, aren't you...? You look exactly like...

Direct openers: That dress you're wearing, it looks great on you.
You're absolutely adorable. I need to meet you.
What is your name?

;)

maiato

Banned
Well I'm in holidays for the summer in Switzerland. In the region called "Ticino", where tja main language is Italian, cause of the boarder. It's amazing how italians open a conversation from nowhere. They are just natural Openers. They dont choose male or female. They just like to socialize. Happened to me twice when i was a the pool.

They normally just talk as u were is best friend. Like he knews u for long long time. That is impossible u dont give it feedback. After some seconds, they just say "My name is...nice to meet u" follow for the most common questions...but the difference is that they are so natural ( and more, they really care) that simple openers...dont seem any kind of engage try...

I'll try to be more attention next time. Maybe get some more ideas.

Till there....try to speak about sorround...." Nice place this, do u come here often?The music is really great"

I guess u ve to really feel it...or it will be noticed miles away...that's the big problem

Mokkat

hehe, I appreciate the effort, but unfortunately I cant even receive a compliment without going in alert mode, and much less give one

Invisibleman

gah my voice is so deep and monotone like ben stein I think any girl would be creeped out if I said any of those things *cracks depressing smile*::eek::

SM1010

Ahhh approaching women. Probably one of the hardest things to do for us guys with SA.

I don't think complimenting physical looks is the way to go. Telling her you like her dress or something like that is probably fine though.

I don't have much advice because I suck at it myself. Honestly I think just saying "Hi" and then asking how her day was is probably the best route (if you're standing next to her in a line or something). That way you can kind of gauge her reaction and if you don't feel a vibe you can rationalize it that you were just being friendly, not that you got rejected.

Gotta take small steps first.

Metal_isthe_Answer

say: when I first saw you, five words came to mind.

MMM MMM MMMM MMMM MMMMM!!!!

This gets a bug thumbs up!

I dont really have any good opportunities to make friends and meet people, I do work at a college and could easily do this, but Im a little older than most of the students I ever see (I work in a dorm, Im 27 most students I see are roughly 19)

WeirdyMcGee

how about this one?

"Hello, I am enter name here. I am not a stalker, pervert, psychopath or serial killer. I saw you from across the room and thought you looked delicious--- I mean... I thought you looked like a good person! Would you like to be my friend?"

If that line doesn't make friends, I don't know what would!

this is what i do... it works so try it! u go straight up to a girl look her in the eyes.. n say "please like me"

don't you think that would make you sound a bit desparate tho? maybe would work if youre really good looking though.

heres one...
you: Hi, have you got a light?
Her: No, i don't smoke
You: Me either

Mickery

gah my voice is so deep and monotone like ben stein I think any girl would be creeped out if I said any of those things *cracks depressing smile*::eek::

Are you sure that's true? Can you adjust the timbre if you're thinking about it? Have you got something to record yourself on to see how you sound?

Vampayah88

don't you think that would make you sound a bit desparate tho? maybe would work if youre really good looking though.

heres one...
you: Hi, have you got a light?
Her: No, i don't smoke
You: Me either

And then nobody says anything and theres an awkward silence lol