is it okay to be alone?

jigglypuff

I love being alone all though some might find it weird how i have no interest in meeting,socializing,interacting,or being in the same room with other people. People think it's also weird how I think staying home alone is better than going to a party.
I have no "love" interest I don't really see the point in that...
I see that "forever alone" meme with like a sad face and I want to change it into a happy face
it also gets me mad on how people think that being "forever alone" considers you some kind of looser...
Most People don't understand me...

nicole1

Look up introversion. I know tons of people like that, me included. I dodge all kinds of social gatherings in order to keep to myself. It's quite normal.

It's just about how you feel about and how you go about actually being alone. If it interferes with work and important things, then there is something wrong with it.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
It's ok to be whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Don't live your life the way you think others want you to live it, it's not their business.

yes

Of course it's okay to be alone. Are you content with yourself when you're alone, that's what should be important? If you're genuinely happy that way it doesn't mean there's something wrong with you.

FriendlyShadow

Personally, I'm rather close to adults than people my age. But I think in the end, friends are overrated and as unfaithful as they come. I'd rather be alone and live alone somewhere else, than find someone who keeps lying and betraying me. I don't like people, but I don't hate them either. They are just confusing and confused as well.

FriendlyShadow

I wish animals could have a longer life span of that of a human's. That way I could never be alone since I have someone who I can't talk with, but rather play together.

Kiwong

It's fine to live a life of solitude. Live your life in a way that you are most comfortable with. I am happy in my own company, I am unhappy when I am around people.

The thing I find hard is having to interact with people at work, I need to make a living to maintain my independent lifestyle. I('m looking at ways of making that less painful.

Bgaz1292

this sounds exactly like me. I am perfectly at ease with being alone. I constantly get told I'm weird or something is wrong with me because I hate parties and hate going out. Personally, I feel quite normal. So yes, it's okay to be alone if alone is where you find happiness

squidgee

Definitely, I'll take reading or playing video games at home by myself over loud parties and dancing anytime. But I think it's still important to not shut yourself completely from the outside, even introverts still have the need to rely on social support sometimes.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aye, of course, it's okay. Though, am more comfortable on ma own than am around people. Then am akward, weird and so on...

Alone, am perfectly content. Well... somewhat. the constant insistance that ah should "be more social" really pisses me off, though. Ah cannae really add tae what's already been said. :idontknow: Other than tae say I agree.

You can't be alone all the time, especially the weekends, you just get more depressed when your alone on a friday and saturday night every single week. This is just sad. You need to find at least one mate or a girl you can get along with to hang out and do things with. There is literally no point to someone's life, if they constantly alone.

laure15

at my first college, I get called out for being a loner several times. People weren't afraid to say it loud and clear within earshot, as if they're trying to demean me. I think you should do what feels right to you. Many people fall between the extremes - they want to socialize but they also need some alone time.

The Lost

It is if that's what you want. Some people might disagree, however they can't see past their own nose. Just remember whose life it is.

Griffin

It's your life. Live it how you want and don't hurt others.

There's nothing wrong with being a loner, though bear in mind that others will generally see it as an unusual trait. Society tends to treat social and outgoing people as the norm, and those that don't fit that description tend to get a bit marginalised one way or another.