• once a week

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • once a month

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Until and unless asked to..!

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

Agent_Violet

every day.Even if I'm not going anywhere.Just because you're inside and lazing about doesn't mean your skin doesn't get oily and your hair doesn't get icky. I feel better about life when I'm squeaky clean and my hair is all soft and smelling fresh.It wakes me up and seems to give me more energy.

BigTom

I tend to skip a day if not two, Brush my teeth once a night too,

But I always wear clean clothes, maybe getting changed during the day into something fresher and chew gum after food so I do ok :)

Lonelykitsune

I can get away with skipping days, since it's cold here most of the year and you don't really sweat. I usually shower every 2 days but now it's twice a week since I moved into a shared house since there's only one time a week where no-one else is in the house so I can shower in peace.

I go home at weekends so I can shower as much as I like there

LoyalXenite

minimum of once a day, sometimes up to 4 or 5 times a day in the summer. I have to shower every night before i sleep otherwise i cant sleep at all.
i love showers xD

Last edited:

AGR

wish I lived in colder weather,summer in Japan is comming and its hell on earth here,sometimes I have to take 2 or 3 showers.......

Flanscho

It's a bit scary to hear how often people feel forced to shower. No body starts to smell bad just after a few hours. Not to mention that our skin is not just the "covering" of our body, it's like a meadow for the micro colonies of our natural skin flora and fauna. If you shower too much, you get rid of natural defense mechanisms of our body. Not to mention the huge amount of water used for that.

Of course, it's up to everyone him/herself, but showering every second day is for most people perfectly fine. It's healthier than showering daily, and doesn't waste that much water.

Lea

Banned
I don´t know how can someone believe that washing too much does harm, how can water do harm to the body. I think even if I showered 10 times a day it can never be harmful. On the contrary, the skin constantly releases toxins and junk from the body and it´s good to get rid of it. Also, if we don´t do everyday peeling and washing of the skin, the layers of the old skin and junk matter plug the pores and with time it builds layers and the skin gets cellulitis and wrinkles (similar to neglected lawn, if we don´t rake the leaves). I personally can see difference with body parts I can scrub often, and those I can´t reach properly. Those that I reach well are smooth and the skin is kept in baby condition, while the parts I can´t reach comfortably are not so. I am not saying showering once in 2 days is too bad either, it´s up to everyone how they like it. I would jump out of my skin though if I couldn´t shower every day at least once. If I don´t I feel very dirty, smelly and sticky.

I don´t know how can someone believe that washing too much does harm, how can water do harm to the body. I think even if I showered 10 times a day it can never be harmful.

It's not (usually) the water... it's mainly the soap. Especially the soap people use today with sulfates and parabens. Very bad to use excessively, as it strips the skin of essential moisture and probably harms it on a cellular level with frequent use (that's what I've read about sulfates, anyway). Sometimes water can have too many minerals in it as well, that are really drying to the skin. The water where I live is pretty hard, and even if I don't use soap on my skin it dries it out. I aim to rinse off every day but I use soap every other day for this reason, and I feel fine and no one has told me I smell, in fact I'm told I smell good ;p

It's a bit scary to hear how often people feel forced to shower. No body starts to smell bad just after a few hours. Not to mention that our skin is not just the "covering" of our body, it's like a meadow for the micro colonies of our natural skin flora and fauna. If you shower too much, you get rid of natural defense mechanisms of our body. Not to mention the huge amount of water used for that.

Of course, it's up to everyone him/herself, but showering every second day is for most people perfectly fine. It's healthier than showering daily, and doesn't waste that much water.

This is exactly my take on it. I've never understood the need to shower every single day. And washing your hair every day is a big no-no (although there are different hair types, and hey whatever floats your boat).

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that in France they only shower a few times a week. Or maybe they used to, it's probably changed by now if it was ever that way. I suppose you could argue that a large group of people who smell wouldn't notice it because they are all used to it, but... where was I going with this anyway?

Lea

Banned
I know what you mean, but I guess I am ok with soap, I don´t feel it makes me excessively dry. I rather don´t like oily skin, I feel it´s wrong so I try to take the grease off. But maybe it´s just my personal preference. I don´t know how to distinguish between soft and hard water, but I noticed when I was in England recently, the quality of water was different! I´d suspect it was hard water, while at home we have soft.

Roman Legion

I do it at least once or twice a week because of the difficulty of getting to a shower. I have to drive miles to the gym to get a shower, but I an drive closer or wait until I am on campus to sit on a toilet (Where I live lacks either a place to bathe or toilet.). I do not use shampoo, it seems to dry my skin and leave more dandruff, plus I just don't care for it.

Never ever

I probably should shower every day without washing my hair, but I never do. I wash my about once to twice per week. I don't think it's necessary to even shower every single day unless you have been out sweating and getting dirty etc.

Silatuyok

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that in France they only shower a few times a week. Or maybe they used to, it's probably changed by now if it was ever that way. I suppose you could argue that a large group of people who smell wouldn't notice it because they are all used to it, but... where was I going with this anyway?

I'd be willing to bet that, in communities where people don't bathe as often, or in ones that use all natural soaps, the chemical-laden and perfumed soaps we use on our bodies every day probably smells awful to them. It's very easy to become "immune" to smells when you are exposed to them constantly. To the people who live in communities that don't bathe often, nobody smells. That's my theory, anyway. I wouldn't mind living in a community where people feel less of a compulsive need to bathe.