How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Thanks, Phoenixx. :)

It was fleas.

His NexGard ran-out because I didn't realize the vet's office was backed-up two weeks due to Covid. During that two week gap, the fleas had a ball with my little buddy. I bathed him as much as the flea and tick shampoo would allow, but around here, those over-the-counter shampoos are virtually worthless.
Yikes! Do you live in a rural area? I have to watch for fleas and ticks here too, but we've had a bit of luck this year not having too many of either. My puppers are due for both baths and flea medicine, but my one girl has to be postponed until her incision heals from her surgery. I can't get the other one in the tub without hubs' help since she's so old and it can be hard to lift her with her back injury.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yikes! Do you live in a rural area? I have to watch for fleas and ticks here too, but we've had a bit of luck this year not having too many of either. My puppers are due for both baths and flea medicine, but my one girl has to be postponed until her incision heals from her surgery. I can't get the other one in the tub without hubs' help since she's so old and it can be hard to lift her with her back injury.

No, it's the suburbs.

I think the region is the problem; I'm in eastern NC now and the climate seems to be a haven for fleas & ticks. I never had this problem when I lived in the Piedmont area with my last dog. We're also in a condominium complex with an association that doesn't spray very well for pests... and my neighbors have lots of cats & dogs.

I hope your babies do well, they're lucky to have such good parents. :)

Phoenixx

No, it's the suburbs.

I think the region is the problem; I'm in eastern NC now and the climate seems to be a haven for fleas & ticks. I never had this problem when I lived in the Piedmont area with my last dog. We're also in a condominium complex with an association that doesn't spray very well for pests... and my neighbors have lots of cats & dogs.

I hope your babies do well, they're lucky to have such good parents. :)
Ah I see. Have you considered a flea collar for him at all? I've heard really good things about Seresto flea collars, and a relative swears by them. They're a bit pricey, but no more than if you were to apply a high-quality flea medicine on a regular basis for a few months. Once the flea meds run out I plan to get a couple and switch.

My babies are doing well. Although I had to take my cat to the vet this morning and found out she has a terrible UTI. :( We've been dealing with awful heat and humidity here and I'm quite certain that's what triggered it. Her litter box was in the basement, but I did a thorough clean on it and moved it upstairs where it's not quite so humid. She's on antibiotics for the next several days, so hopefully that and moving her litter box will help a lot.

FountainandFairfax

Ah I see. Have you considered a flea collar for him at all? I've heard really good things about Seresto flea collars, and a relative swears by them. They're a bit pricey, but no more than if you were to apply a high-quality flea medicine on a regular basis for a few months. Once the flea meds run out I plan to get a couple and switch.

My babies are doing well. Although I had to take my cat to the vet this morning and found out she has a terrible UTI. :( We've been dealing with awful heat and humidity here and I'm quite certain that's what triggered it. Her litter box was in the basement, but I did a thorough clean on it and moved it upstairs where it's not quite so humid. She's on antibiotics for the next several days, so hopefully that and moving her litter box will help a lot.

The Seresto collar seems like a better deal, I might have to give it a go. I've heard about them, but NexGard works so well I've been hesitant to try anything else. Frontline used to work great, but the damn fleas in this area became immune, so then K-9 Advantix 2 was the ticket until the same thing happened. They are biblical here in the summer.

I'm sorry about your cat, I had a kidney stone a couple years ago, allegedly, I went to the emergency room, got scanned (scammed?) and was told that's what it was, but I never passed it, so I know that kind of thing is rough. It sounds like you're on the right track with treatment and preventatives, though.

Good luck to you both!

Phoenixx

Upset and overwhelmed today. :cry: Tired of having to take care of the same things and listen to the same problems everyday and the people who complain don't take responsibility to demand respect. Tired of things I'm trying to do not going right. Tired of feeling so overwhelmed to the point where I'm neglecting some responsibilities over others and I can't manage to get my act together.

Additionally, the second interview I thought was just going to be an interview with a second set of questions and scenarios is now that ON TOP OF them wanting me to provide an entire lesson plan out of the several options they sent and it has to be a 15 minute presentation. I probably wouldn't feel so confused about this if it wasn't over freaking Zoom. How the hell am I supposed to formulate a lesson plan that translates over web conference? It'd be different if I had a camera set up and someone else to help. But no, it has to be just me and my webcam on my laptop. Not to mention some of these lesson plan options are nearly 3 hours total. How am I supposed to condense in 15 minutes? As much as this job pays per hour (although it has benefits), it really makes me wonder if it's worth all this work....??? :unsure:

I'm honestly so close to throwing in the towel completely. I don't know what I want anymore and it's leaving me extremely frustrated. Everything I thought I wanted has seemed to be more difficult than I feel like it's worth or not what I expected it to be and I already feel like moving onto new things and finding something else. I don't know. I have never felt so lost in my life and it leaves me scared and worried all the time. :(:cry:

LoyalXenite

Upset and overwhelmed today. :cry: Tired of having to take care of the same things and listen to the same problems everyday and the people who complain don't take responsibility to demand respect. Tired of things I'm trying to do not going right. Tired of feeling so overwhelmed to the point where I'm neglecting some responsibilities over others and I can't manage to get my act together.

Additionally, the second interview I thought was just going to be an interview with a second set of questions and scenarios is now that ON TOP OF them wanting me to provide an entire lesson plan out of the several options they sent and it has to be a 15 minute presentation. I probably wouldn't feel so confused about this if it wasn't over freaking Zoom. How the hell am I supposed to formulate a lesson plan that translates over web conference? It'd be different if I had a camera set up and someone else to help. But no, it has to be just me and my webcam on my laptop. Not to mention some of these lesson plan options are nearly 3 hours total. How am I supposed to condense in 15 minutes? As much as this job pays per hour (although it has benefits), it really makes me wonder if it's worth all this work....??? :unsure:

I'm honestly so close to throwing in the towel completely. I don't know what I want anymore and it's leaving me extremely frustrated. Everything I thought I wanted has seemed to be more difficult than I feel like it's worth or not what I expected it to be and I already feel like moving onto new things and finding something else. I don't know. I have never felt so lost in my life and it leaves me scared and worried all the time. :(:cry:

Can you make a powerpoint slideshow that you talk through for the lesson plan, just screensharing and you talking through it could be an option?

Phoenixx

Can you make a powerpoint slideshow that you talk through for the lesson plan, just screensharing and you talking through it could be an option?
I'm honestly not sure. And quite frankly, I'm not even sure if I'm going to go through with this second interview now.

I had a really good talk last night with a friend of mine who's working the same position through the same overall company, just a different branch in a different county. Each branch is managed differently, but with overall the same goals since it's a government-based position. I explained to her the expectations of this interview and she told me it was "absolutely ridiculous." When she was interviewed at her branch, she was never asked to do any of this and she thinks it's completely unfair they're asking me to do something I have no idea how to do and have no prior experience. She didn't know how to create a lesson plan on her own until after 2 months of thorough training and hand-holding and they're asking me to do this for an interview??? :oops: I'm glad my being overwhelmed wasn't entirely just me, that it was reasonable to be thinking as such.

She also mentioned that the grant the company received last fall for these lessons/programs was made to be 100% lecture based, not digital. So with COVID it has royally screwed everyone trying to translate these programs for video conferencing use. Me asking how this is even possible was right on the head. It's not totally possible. My friend has been busting her rear - along with her coworkers - to translate these programs effectively to help others and their director keeps shutting down every idea they have. She said it's incredibly frustrating and she's already looking into doing her own business that can transition to both online and in-person counseling, because she cannot take the stress of this current job. She was blunt, said to be wary about what they're expecting. And if I did wind up getting this job, then what would that mean work-wise down the road? It was a good question I hadn't even thought to consider. So today I will most definitely be sending an honest email explaining to them how I have no experience with lesson planning and I'm not sure how to go about this. If they deny me any help, then that will be that. Disappointing because I've struggled thus far with trying to get work, but it is what it is. :(

FountainandFairfax

Happy. :D

My new sunglasses came in and I really like them.

yeah-mon.gif

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Feckin' pissed off ! Swore at my USB audio interface, as ye do when something like that stops working properly. Technology, hey... does ma bloody heid in at times. :mad:

Phoenixx

Feeling anxious today. Not as bad as yesterday, but still feel unsettled. I think I'm going to preoccupy myself today by cleaning more again and doing some laundry. Also might go ahead and make my anxiety worse and apply for more jobs since this current job option is not working out. If I don't hear back from my email by the afternoon, I am going to follow up with another email and tell them to cancel the second interview.

I sent an email two days ago explaining my prior experiences and how I personally felt that there wasn't a way I could meet their second interview requirements without assistance. I also asked several questions regarding what they wanted and how it was going to work translating lessons via video conference. The person I've been in touch with throughout this whole ordeal has been fairly quick to respond this whole time, so the fact she's not responding now leaves me with a sinking feeling that this isn't a good sign. I'm tired of seeing nothing but red flags and blatant unprofessionalism from companies. Already this year I've been rejected from 3 jobs for really shitty excuses - 1.) Couldn't lift their supposed weight requirements, despite this NOT being in the job description, NOT being a job that revolves around constant lifting, and other employees currently working there not being able to lift those requirements either (word of mouth from someone I know who works there), 2.) Job position advertised was incorrect and wasn't the position that was actually open; the correct position that was open I was "overqualified" for, 3.) Looked over resume and basically said I wasn't good enough. No explanation as to what I had and what they were actually looking for. I refused to ask any questions further since they weren't willing to actually be upfront about anything. With these experiences plus the other handfuls of jobs I've applied and heard absolutely NOTHING, I'm convinced that professionalism no longer exists. It pays to treat people like shit and constantly look at and treat them like slaves.

I know COVID has royally screwed the job market, and is the majority of the reason why I'm having such a hard time finding a job, but sweet baby Jesus it is no excuse for all this bullshit I keep coming across.

FountainandFairfax

Not too good, someone stole the trailer-hitch off my vehicle last night. :mad:

I've been debating putting a camera up ever since my car got broken into a few years ago, but always talked myself out of it. "You've lived here 14 years with no problems, it's not a trend."

The neighbors who live two doors down that don't like me had company over last night, so it was likely one of their douche-bro boyfriends.

Man, I wish I'd put that camera up. :mad::mad::mad:

LoyalXenite

Not too good, someone stole the trailer-hitch off my vehicle last night. :mad:

I've been debating putting a camera up ever since my car got broken into a few years ago, but always talked myself out of it. "You've lived here 14 years with no problems, it's not a trend."

The neighbors who live two doors down that don't like me had company over last night, so it was likely one of their douche-bro boyfriends.

Man, I wish I'd put that camera up. :mad::mad::mad:

Thats so frustrating

worrywort

I'm feeling troublingly low at the moment. I feel like I have some severely deep wounds festering within me that I can't seem to get relief from. I feel like I've lost hope in almost every avenue I used to find it in. I used to hope one day I'd find love, but that dream has all but died within me now. I used to hope I'd find success with my art, but nothing ever came of it, and now my creative spark feels limp and lifeless and in no fit state to compete. I used to have hope for the future, but the state of the world today has knocked that out of me too. Now I feel mostly fear. I used to hope, at least, I could live a moral, upstanding life and make God proud, but the more I examine myself the more I realise how shitty a person I truly am, and it seems there's no end to the messages in today's media reminding me of this fact.

I've got no-one to talk to.
But even if I did, I don't know how I'd begin to communicate what I feel.

I think I need a holiday. Get back to basics. Simple living. Low expectations. I'll just make some crap art for a bit.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm just feeling down and depressed, so back to my usual self in many ways. :cry:

I wish my life could go back to normal. Not normal in the sense life before this COVID lockdown/quarantine pish, but 3 years ago, when I was actually happy and enjoying life. Now ah just feel like I'm constantly comprising for my family, and neglecting myself more than ah used to.