How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
As with other every day for the past 2 years, wondering why tha f__k ah even bother gettin’ oot ma bed this morning.

And, y’know, wishing I was somewhere else.

Also, still not too happy that I overheard my mother on the phone to my oldest sister last night, and they both hud a good ol’ laugh at my expense. Apparently, the fact I’m slowly deteriorating and feel weighed down due to having to tolerate the constant arguments, day in day oot, is really funny ? :mad:

Guess that means they probably wouldn’t give a f__k, or even miss me that much, if ah did kill masel’...? :(

Graeme1988

Sick of my current living situation, yet can't do anything to change it.

Anything I say just falls on deaf ears, and get dismissed as "stupid".

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Thank fuck, my mother and I will get some rest this weekend. Been a hellish week trying to look after the 2 nieces / grandchildren. We don’t get a break, whilst my older sister just sits there in the living room on her feckin’ smartphone aw the time. And she wonders why they behave n’ act the way they do. Yet, she still claims we - me, my oldest sister and our mother - “dae absolutely fuck all !” to help. Ha ! What a lack of self awareness...

Never mind that ah barely get a moments peace cuz they’re always upstairs with me within minutes of being in the house. Telling me this that n’ the other. Cannae watch my favourite TV shows or movies, or listen to my music. Sod the fact they get aw excited when their auntie comes round. And our mother’s never oot the kitchen, it seems...

She’s making all the meals, but it’s only ever me who actually comes n’ offers to help. :mad:

F0AM

Sad, i friend hurt me a lot and after some months he came back and apologized...i thought he was being true (maybe he was to an extent) but i'm seeing him returning to his ol habits.

I like to think that some ppl change but those are few, most people just don't and if they do is just with an "expiry date" before they behave again as usual.

This time tho, you wont catch me off guard, that i promise.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Like crap.

I didn't sleep well last night and my mother calls me at five minutes to eight this morning complaining about her haircut. :rolleyes:

She's like a dog with a bone about things like this so I know she's driven everyone at her house (my brother and her husband) nuts over it, she told me she talked to my granddad about it, too. So now she's exhausted them and she's hitting me with it. Did I mention SHE cut it herself? It's not as crazy as it sounds, she was a hair dresser before she was a nurse but you'd think she'd know better. What's worse is that she's going out of town in a week so she's flying around the house trying to get it "clean", when it's already clean, it's just not in the perfect state she wants it in before she goes on her trip and she wants me to come over and make supper. Which means grocery shopping on Friday when the store is packed looking like a zombie and feeling like it too. I let my Benedryl run out so of course last night was the first bad night of sleep I've had in a while. Perfect timing.

Besides this, Gus' flea medication isn't working so that's bothering me since it was so expensive. He's scratching like crazy, he probably got less sleep than me, and I can't bathe him because the flea shampoo says it can only be used once every seven days (I just bathed him Tuesday). This of course, on top of all the other joys that compose my life. It's just one of those times when things have piled-up all of a sudden and I'm feeling worn-out, unappreciated and put-on.

I know no one's gonna read this and I don't expect it, it just helps to get it out.

LoyalXenite

Like crap.

I didn't sleep well last night and my mother calls me at five minutes to eight this morning complaining about her haircut. :rolleyes:

She's like a dog with a bone about things like this so I know she's driven everyone at her house (my brother and her husband) nuts over it, she told me she talked to my granddad about it, too. So now she's exhausted them and she's hitting me with it. Did I mention SHE cut it herself? It's not as crazy as it sounds, she was a hair dresser before she was a nurse but you'd think she'd know better. What's worse is that she's going out of town in a week so she's flying around the house trying to get it "clean", when it's already clean, it's just not in the perfect state she wants it in before she goes on her trip and she wants me to come over and make supper. Which means grocery shopping on Friday when the store is packed looking like a zombie and feeling like it too. I let my Benedryl run out so of course last night was the first bad night of sleep I've had in a while. Perfect timing.

Besides this, Gus' flea medication isn't working so that's bothering me since it was so expensive. He's scratching like crazy, he probably got less sleep than me, and I can't bathe him because the flea shampoo says it can only be used once every seven days (I just bathed him Tuesday). This of course, on top of all the other joys that compose my life. It's just one of those times when things have piled-up all of a sudden and I'm feeling worn-out, unappreciated and put-on.

I know no one's gonna read this and I don't expect it, it just helps to get it out.

Which flea medication are you using? I've used Advantix for my dogs from the beginning and they never get any fleas or ticks, have you tried that one?

LoyalXenite

Like crap.

(also you've probably already checked but just in case I'll ask anyway) do you see any fleas on him? coz if not it could be a skin allergy in which case some medicated shampoo or cream/meds from the vets will clear it up (or it could be dietary)

Graeme1988

Sick of having to listen to my mother tell me how pissed off n’ fed up she is... as if I’m not feeling the same way. :mad:

Don’t what’s worse, that, or having to listen to my older sister make a big deal about what other members of the family post on their social media accounts. “Why’d they say that...?! Huh, fuckin’ folk like that !”

Must be a great life, spending yer days roaming social media when you’ve got 2 kids to raise, eh ? Or at least that’s how it is when they’re brought to visit their uncle and granny. Fuck knows what they’re like at home. And thank fuck my social media is limited to YouTube and SoundCloud, as far as the ones I use often.

Phoenixx

Like crap.

I read it. Every word. "A dog with a bone" is one statement I've never heard and it hits the nail on the head about my mother too. Any issue that comes up my mom just goes at it, it drives me nuts. My brother is the same exact way. It almost turns into a stupid competition over who has it worse. Meanwhile I don't even talk about my problems most of the time. :rolleyes:

As for your dog, does he get fleas often? Or is he allergic to them? Perhaps he has a skin condition or other allergy and that's why he's so itchy...? Reason I ask, growing up we had a dog who was actually allergic to fleas. That and red #40 in dog food of all things. Either of those gave him the worst rashes and hot spots. Best things we did was changed his food and treats, applied top of the line flea medication, bathed occasionally using Dawn dish soap (works as a good flea repellent although very drying), and conditioned the fur and skin. If he did have a bout of rash, he got a little Benadryl and hot spot treatment oil for dogs. My parents hated spending money at the vet, hence the home treatments. But they thankfully worked for him.

FountainandFairfax

I read it. Every word. "A dog with a bone" is one statement I've never heard and it hits the nail on the head about my mother too. Any issue that comes up my mom just goes at it, it drives me nuts. My brother is the same exact way. It almost turns into a stupid competition over who has it worse. Meanwhile I don't even talk about my problems most of the time. :rolleyes:

As for your dog, does he get fleas often? Or is he allergic to them? Perhaps he has a skin condition or other allergy and that's why he's so itchy...? Reason I ask, growing up we had a dog who was actually allergic to fleas. That and red #40 in dog food of all things. Either of those gave him the worst rashes and hot spots. Best things we did was changed his food and treats, applied top of the line flea medication, bathed occasionally using Dawn dish soap (works as a good flea repellent although very drying), and conditioned the fur and skin. If he did have a bout of rash, he got a little Benadryl and hot spot treatment oil for dogs. My parents hated spending money at the vet, hence the home treatments. But they thankfully worked for him.

Thank you, Phoenixxx. :D

He may very well be allergic to something he's eating. He's such a picky eater that I'm constantly giving him all kinds of things in hopes that he'll get plenty of nutrition. I'm casting a wide net so there's lots of opportunity there. I probably need to keep a little food diary for him and take note of when he's having bad days.

I live in a condo complex and many tenants have pets, so the grounds are teeming with fleas. It's a nice neighborhood, but we don't have the best management so we don't get visits from exterminators like we should. I use K-9 Advantix 2, which always worked for my pug, but I guess the fleas around here have become immune or resistant to it since then. I had to switch from Frontline and then Frontline Plus for the same reason, years ago. The fleas around here are just mutants!

I'll look for the hot spot bath treatment when I get paid next week and see if it helps with his itchy skin. I got some eucalyptus bath oil today from my mom's house but I need to Google it to see if it's safe to use on him. It sure smells nice! :D

"A dog with a bone" is a common saying around here, some people just can't let things go! I'm sorry your mom and brother share some undesirable traits with mine.

FountainandFairfax

Which flea medication are you using? I've used Advantix for my dogs from the beginning and they never get any fleas or ticks, have you tried that one?

Same, Advantix II. It's always worked great until now. :mad:

(also you've probably already checked but just in case I'll ask anyway) do you see any fleas on him? coz if not it could be a skin allergy in which case some medicated shampoo or cream/meds from the vets will clear it up (or it could be dietary)

Yes, he does. He had about a day and a half worth of peace before they set in on him again. There aren't many, when I bathed him Tuesday there were only a few in the bath, and when I run a flea comb over him there's only a few now as well. My condo doesn't have fleas, thank goodness, in years past that's happened though. I had to fog my house a few different times. It's just a damn free(flea?)-for-all every time I take Gus outside here.

I have to take him back to the vet soon, anyway so I'll ask her what she thinks. I used Hart's Oatmeal Flea & Tick shampoo hoping it would soothe him but he's still pink and itchy. :confused:

He's napping comfortably now, so don't think he's in distress, I just hate to see him nagged by those little bastards at all and if there's anything I can do I want to do it. I'm moving in a few months so hopefully my next place won't be so bad outside. Years ago, when I lived closer to the mountains I never had any problems with fleas. I guess it's the climate and the abundance of other dogs and cats around here that make this place so flea-ridden.

FountainandFairfax

Sick of having to listen to my mother tell me how pissed off n’ fed up she is... as if I’m not feeling the same way. :mad:

Don’t what’s worse, that, or having to listen to my older sister make a big deal about what other members of the family post on their social media accounts. “Why’d they say that...?! Huh, fuckin’ folk like that !”

Must be a great life, spending yer days roaming social media when you’ve got 2 kids to raise, eh ? Or at least that’s how it is when they’re brought to visit their uncle and granny. Fuck knows what they’re like at home. And thank fuck my social media is limited to YouTube and SoundCloud, as far as the ones I use often.

My mom does that Facebook thing, too Graeme. She doesn't get too crazy, but there's been a few... incidents. :D

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Sometimes I have dreams that when I wake up, they will leave me feeling the emotions of that dream for a while. Like if it was a bad, distressing dream, I'll wake up feeling stressed. A good dream can make me feel good.
Today I woke up after having really good dreams, like, one in particular was awesome. But 10 minutes after waking I could feel my heart breaking.
That black vortex appeared where my heart is and it began sucking the life out of me.

I don't understand it this time. I had great dreams which should have left me feeling good, I'm not drinking at all so there's no depressants in my system and I'm keeping fairly busy, study, exercising and eating well. Yet today I couldn't care less if it all ended.

I don't get it sometimes.

Graeme1988

My mom does that Facebook thing, too Graeme. She doesn't get too crazy, but there's been a few... incidents. :D

Well, with my sister, it seems to be every few days... either it’s Facebook or f__kin’ Snapchat. And she gets on our mother about these posts going at length, even though mum does’nae bother about or use social media or the internet in general. As if our mother could explain what’s n’ why’s o’ the situation. Though, like me, she’s usually wonder why in tha f__k such a fuss is being made. And why the person who made the posts isnae being asked about them. :LOL:

Then, I get the usual eye roll, followed by a sigh, next thing ah know I’m get an earful of how effin’ fed up my mum is... as soon as my older sister n’ her kids leave after being here most o’ the day. :mad:

Much like last year, I am dreading “spending time” with ma family, again, this Christmas...

Graeme1988

Given how stressful this week’s been for me... due to the fact my oldest sister has had a week’s holiday and not had to deal with the BS drama and 2 kids who aren’t used to not getting their way. Why does that seem so familiar ? :unsure:

Anyway, would it be wrong of me to punch her in the face n’ telling her tae f__k off when she inevitably jokes about me comments about moving out from earlier in the week ? Not saying that’ll happen, like, but ah might huv a few choice words for me, nonetheless. Not that they’ll get taken seriously, anyway. My perspective never does... but am used to it being that way.