How are you feeling?

Marc7

Yeah, going by my past experience with ma family, I understand what ye mean, there.
Yea, it is hard being anxious which leads to lack of assertiveness at least for me.

Why don't you want to change yer life? Just asking... but don't feel you have to answer if that question is too personal.
Because I'm scared I won't have the skills, motivation, and will power to even if it is necessary. Plus I might have to acquire news skills that I have to word hard to get.

I know that stigma all too well, man. Quite ironic that - being raised in predominately female household - ah git guff from my family whenever I do or don't talk about my feelings.
What does a gif guff mean? That stigma is unhealthy for men. Your family wants you to open up about your feelings but doesn't expect you to because you are a male?

Yea, it is hard being anxious which leads to lack of assertiveness at least for me.

Because I'm scared I won't have the skills, motivation, and will power to even if it is necessary. Plus I might have to acquire news skills that I have to word hard to get.

What does a gif guff mean? That stigma is unhealthy for men. Your family wants you to open up about your feelings but doesn't expect you to because you are a male?
Sorry, I typed that last bit phonetically in my accent. By “git guff”, I just meant getting bullied by my family. :LOL:

And my family do tell me to open up about my feelings, but every time I do I’m told I’m wrong, and what I’m saying isn’t valid. Or that I’m just “nagging” and “being a bully”. Something I’ve tried to make my mother in particular see the irony of. Basically, they can be as negative and self pitying as they’d like, but the moment I say anything remotely similar.. oh, I’m “attention seeking”, not being nice”, or “dour” :mad:

Oh, and I get where you’re coming from with regards to being afraid to change yer life when you’re not sure you will have the necessary skills, motivation, etc. It’s not exactly easy having to teach yourself those necessary skills.

Last edited:
Just trying to put a brave face on, because I don’t wish to say how I’m feeling about things lately. Especially after what my mum told me yesterday. :( Somehow ah feel I’ll be blamed for not doing enough in the end... :cautious:

It’s no easy caring for someone who’s health is only getting worse due to their unwillingness to help themselves. :cry:

Oh goody... another day, yet second hand account of a family argument being told to me ! Priceless family entertainment. :LOL:
Joking aside, though, I am getting fed-up hearing them, as if am supposed tae fix the problem. :mad: Aw ah know is Facebook brings oot tha worst in folk who are dysfunctional. Or maybe just folk in general, I suppose... ? Would’nae know, as ah rare used my Facebook account that my oldest sister set up for me. :confused:

Oh goody... another day, yet second hand account of a family argument being told to me ! Priceless family entertainment. :LOL:
Joking aside, though, I am getting fed-up hearing them, as if am supposed tae fix the problem. :mad: Aw ah know is Facebook brings oot tha worst in folk who are dysfunctional. Or maybe just folk in general, I suppose... ? Would’nae know, as ah rare used my Facebook account that my oldest sister set up for me. :confused:
You're not missing anything not using fb mate.. I deleted mine a few months ago and couldn't care less.
And I think it can bring out the worst in some people.

It's $h!% when ye realise that the only person ye cun even hope tae rely on is yersel'... :cry: Ah mean, in terms of asking those around you for help.
Seems I'm no deserve of such assistance, even though I'm nice enough to say "please". Starting to think the more my family does that to me, the more justification ah got in moving oot when accessible living accommodations become available to me. Particularly my mother...

But they need me, more than ah need them.... unfortunately. Though, it is pretty ironic that me - the physically disabled, sensible, "clever cunt" - is less lazy when it come to getting stuff than the rest of his able-bodied family.

Kiwong

So I watched a doco about Ted Bundy. The guy was evil, but also a lying windbag who liked the sound of his own voice. Amazingly there are many women who despite his crimes think he is cute and hot. Generally I don't support the death penalty, but in this case I do. THe last person he murdered was a 12 year old girl.

LoyalXenite

So I watched a doco about Ted Bundy. The guy was evil, but also a lying windbag who liked the sound of his own voice. Amazingly there are many women who despite his crimes think he is cute and hot. Generally I don't support the death penalty, but in this case I do. THe last person he murdered was a 12 year old girl.
Its always fascinated me how many people, women mainly, are attracted to, and often correspond with, serial killers or other big crime convicts. I'm fascinated by their stories but I dont wanna get with one o_O