How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
it's not an all women situation at all. not ALL women are sociable, thoughtful, considerate, personable, etc

My mother and older sisters certainly :eek:h:aren’t sociable, thoughtful, considerate or personable. At least not towards me anyway... probably why I’ve always felt I don’t fit in, or never felt a sense of belonging with my family.

Sorry, didnae mean to get personal there.

and you can't be really sociable if you have social anxiety

You can, but it just takes a bit of effort so as not to let anxiety get the better of you.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Nope. I'm just guessing, mainly from watching tv.
But ain't women got the nurturing genes in them? But men don't.
And women/females haven't treated me as bad as men/males.
And i find women a LOT easier to talk to than p****-ly men (in general).

As a rule, women are socialized to be "nice", which should not be confused with actually being nice. The appearance of niceness is the key. Aggressive behaviors are covert more than overt. Walk into a room of 20 women and you might think they're all sweet and wonderful and love each other dearly but as soon as one walks out the door the others talk crap about her. At least with men you're likely to actually know it if the guy has a problem with you.

As far as genes go, men have "nurturing" genes as well. It's just not the publicly displayed stereotype. Remus (who barely pops in here any more, btw) has an amazing relationship with his little girl, to give an example.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Had a couple of unproductive days, well 3 in total. No quite adjusted back to boring everyday life. Which isn't like me after going to a concert. :thinking: :confused: :idontknow:

a3K2q8r_700b.jpg

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Cra p py.

I no longer have a car. I was t-boned by another car today and first assesment is the car is a write off.