How are you feeling?

I'm feeling really good. I had a beautiful talk with my friend today - we are peeling back a lot of layers in terms of emotions. I think our friendship is going to push me to grow and be a better person. Really thankful that I met her. First term of school is over - straight A's. I'm going to enjoy this month off in between terms.

I think 2018 will be my best year yet - I am finally starting to bloom.
Well done with the straight A's Sarah! :brindis:
It is inspiring to read when one of us achieves something good. :thumbup:

I exposed my fear at our yearly work get together. I wore a wig and gave a comedy skit as Fabio design consultant to the stars. People laughed and cheered and applauded at the end.

Next day I gave a presentation about to about 12 people. Some said it was sensational.

It was good to expose myself to fear, but by the end of those two days I was ready for a padded cell.
Holy moley, Kiwong! :eek:
Half of me wants to congratulate you for actually doing those scary things and doing a great job of them.
Then the other half of me is hoping your recovery from the affects of doing them, is quick. >.>

WOOT! Go Sarah! :)

Thanks, Pug! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself - I finally called the driving school back today (been putting it off due to fear) and am scheduled for my first lesson this Thursday. If I can conquer this fear, I can do anything. I actually learned from my psychology teacher that a new experience doing something you're afraid of, will flush an old experience out. The more you do it, the easier it becomes (I feel like everyone knows that, though haha) and the physiological effects will disappear over time (sweating, blushing, shaking etc.). I guess that information sank in more because my teacher is about to get her PHD in psychology and is a highly intelligent, educated woman - in other words: I trust her :p

Well done with the straight A's Sarah! :brindis:
It is inspiring to read when one of us achieves something good. :thumbup:

Aww, thanks Blue! I'm a little miffed that I got an A- in my writing class - I have gotten A's on every assignment and even gave extra credit, so that means my final paper was terrible. I'm just glad it didn't mess with my 4.0 GPA because I need that to get into my physician's assistant program.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
While ah should be happy as Larry that things might be getting back to "normal" soon, I'm pretty sure I'm heading for a massive nervous breakdown, like my mother. ::(: :crying: And I don't just mean breaking down in tears, I'm talking vitriolic screeds of pure f*ckin' rage. :veryangry:

Graeme1988

I imagine many people in my place just commit suicide.

Sometimes I wish I was wired that way; prolonging this shit life seems completely pointless, to say the least.

Indeed! Though, ah think I might've been better off doing myself in at 16, then I wouldn't be in my current situation. Plus, that's when depression really sunk in, and hasn't completely f*cked off since.

I don't really think changing my situation for the better will be. Aye, being on my own will be brilliant, but I'm still gonnae get guff from my family for it. :thumbdown:

Kiwong

Holy moley, Kiwong! :eek:
Half of me wants to congratulate you for actually doing those scary things and doing a great job of them.
Then the other half of me is hoping your recovery from the affects of doing them, is quick. >.>

Cheers Blue Days, It's funny but I am a lot better for it. I seem to be connecting better with people right now through reaching out.

Graeme1988

Caught between angry, sadness and fear. Angry that it's taken 15 years for my mother to finally treat me like her son. Sad that I'm still the scapgoat for everyone else's problems. And fearly that I'm going to take things getting back to normal quite badly, and get so overwhelmed by it that I kill myself. :crying: Not saying I will, but 5 months of stress and emotional abuse doesn't make ye function properly. :sad:

theoutsider

I exposed my fear at our yearly work get together. I wore a wig and gave a comedy skit as Fabio design consultant to the stars. People laughed and cheered and applauded at the end.

Next day I gave a presentation about to about 12 people. Some said it was sensational.

It was good to expose myself to fear, but by the end of those two days I was ready for a padded cell.

Good on you, Kiwong! It's always good to read stories like this. Public speaking has been a thorn in my side for years. I even attempted to joint Toastmasters once but dropped out after a few months.

Not too good to be honest. I have an endoscopy later on so I am a bit nervous about that but more so I am sitting here crying because I messed up a job opportunity and I hate myself for it.

Hot_Tamale

Like a right bad-a$$. My sister invited me to her little Christmas party with her roommates in another part of town. Needless to say it kicked my anxiety into action because a) There will be people I have no clue about and b) I have to drive on the highway to get there. Well...my heart was beating faster than usual and I felt an anxious sore in my stomach but I practiced the route on the highway and drove over to her home today! Google Maps deserves a lot of the credit too.

Now...I have to drive back from the little "party" after the sun goes down tomorrow. Hopefully it won't go wrong.

Graeme1988

dont-tell-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well, my older sister is finally packing her bags, and will move oot o' tha house in the coming days.
yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif

Graeme1988

Congratulations, if anyone deserves this it's you and your mum.

My mum particularly, cuz she got put through the ringer these past few months. I've never seen her breaking in floods of tears as much I have since August. :crying: :sad:

I'm just glad that everything I've said since that month has just been confirmed and validated by my mum and oldest sister. And not once has my older sister shown any gratitude for all that me, our mum or older sister have done. Aye, she said thanks, but in a tone that's clearly shows she thinking a bit much of herself, y'know? Like teenager in a huff, basically.

But once she gone, ah want nuthin' more to do with her.

I always like your gif images because it's something that still gives me trouble on the forum.

Yeah, I get most of my gif images from other websites. I don't use the ones on here as often now.

grapevine

Got the flu and got so many things to do for this xmas party on the weekend. Got rugs over-doing it - as tho nothing has happened and feeling in between him and mum. But also put on a huge amount of weight in such a little time from the stress of everything. But hopefully today I can just drive to work to get my checks - im a bit too ill for working today - but ill try a little - i over did it yesterday. They owe me 3-4 pays too - thats what im going there for this morning. Just gotta get myself able to drive there and over the flu symptoms a bit.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Not too good to be honest. I have an endoscopy later on so I am a bit nervous about that but more so I am sitting here crying because I messed up a job opportunity and I hate myself for it.

Try not to be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes.

Look to the next opportunity, prepare, reset and reload. You'll nail it sooner or later :)

I had my first driving lesson today - that was the first time I have ever felt comfortable behind the wheel of a car. My instructor is SUPER knowledgeable and I am feeling pretty hopefully that I will have my license by the end of this. Getting there and back was a bitch, though. I had to venture through the ghetto with $460 in my wallet - that was scary. It just solidified my desire to drive - it's going to make my life so much easier.

Graeme1988

Sod this ! What's the point? Why bother? I don't know... might as well give up. :sad:
I'm never going to achieve the life I derserve anyway. Cuz it would seem I'm not even allowed to do what I want in the very family home that I'm paying to keep running. :thumbdown:

No, I've got to explain why I did this or that... Urgh! :kickingmyself: Like a feckin' police interegation

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I had my first driving lesson today - that was the first time I have ever felt comfortable behind the wheel of a car. My instructor is SUPER knowledgeable and I am feeling pretty hopefully that I will have my license by the end of this. Getting there and back was a bitch, though. I had to venture through the ghetto with $460 in my wallet - that was scary. It just solidified my desire to drive - it's going to make my life so much easier.

Good luck, Sarah. :D

I'd buy a can of pepper spray for my key-chain if I were driving through rough parts of town, though. In fact, I have.