How are you feeling?

Marc7

I think so, but if you want to clarify and explain, then please do. As I said I don't know if my area has the programs you mentioned.

It is a program for recovery for mentally ill people.

Oh, just trivial things. Like my mum will constantly complain about having clearing out stuff or tidy out magazines from my bedroom, and I agree to help with that. But I end up doing half it myself, since she constantly makes excuses to put off doing things like that.

Or if I ask her, or my oldest sisters, for help I always have to repeatedly ask them. Which usually leads to tell them not to bother and I end up having to make-up for them being too lazy to help me.

They only ever seem to want to help me when they can get something out of it, like take partial credit for something when I did all the work.

Teaching myself how to be as independent and self-sufficient as possible despite my disabilities would be what I meant by teach myself things I was never taught growing up, y'know? Since my parents never bother to impart that knowledge to me, as the focus was always on my disability holding me back - what I can't do, etc.

And my mum would prefer I were a control, co-dependent person. Overly reliant upon family. And obligated to care and make my family happy. Instead of happy, independent life I could and should be leading. :sad:

So you mean she is suppose to clean something and you do half of it?

That's messed up.

Why would they want to take partial credit for something they didn't do?

What was your disability growing up?

Why would your mom prefer that instead of you being independent?

I've got a similarly monotonous voice when I speak as well. Which is why I so rarely ever speak. Plus, thanks to my Scottish accent, my family tend to think everything I say is meant as a joke.

I'm self conscious about my voice ever since someone who is family member's friend pointed it out how it sounds "terrible". Then my family member said I should try to change it in order to get a job. Why do they think everything you say meant to be a joke because of your Scottish accent?

Yeah, if it's not too late where I am as far as time difference goes, I reply to chat messages. And do the same with vistor messages, though those will depend upon when you post them to my profile.

You know you can respond without me being online for chat messages. I'll send you a chat message okay?

defiance

Numb. But maybe I should say happy because numb is my new happy as it allows me to not feel anything for a bit which includes my issues. So.....happy?:idontknow:

Hot_Tamale

Results like this do not belong on a resume of a Supreme Being-Damnn straight!!!!!!!
LOL, and if you do any of these things he'll send you straight down to you know where.. I'm a Christian and some of that makes me wonder how much research he did to begin with to be honest. I like him though, he's funny even if I blatantly disagree with him.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
It is a program for recovery for mentally ill people.

Yeah, there's programs and charities for that. Don't know how well supported they are in my area though. :idontknow:

So you mean she is suppose to clean something and you do half of it?

That's messed up.

Well, kinda. My mum tend to bulk food in bulk because of her hoarding habit. And keep telling her we'll need to throw most of it out. But she can't be bothered. So I end having to do it, myself.

Oh, and she won't let me clear out the stack of old music magazines in my room for some reason. Despite me not really want 'em anymore. But apparently it's nice to be sentiment and not part with somethings, or she said words to that affect.

Why would they want to take partial credit for something they didn't do?

Two reasons...

• Because my family hate how I keep to myself a lotta the time, and don't tell 'em stuff - they feel left out.

• And they like to use these moment where I give them a bit of credit - despite, say me contributing most of the money to buy that new guitar for myself - so they can use it against me and say I'm ungrateful whenever I refuse their help or criticise them.

What was your disability growing up?

I was born with cerebral palsy. Meaning my mobility is affected, and I've got a slight learn disability as a result of my disability.

Why would your mom prefer that instead of you being independent?

Because I'm the "man of the house". So I'm responsible caring for my mum, now in her old age, lies with me. But then I'm always putting my family's happiness ahead of my own. Since I always get labelled selfish for doing what makes me happy. :sad:

And my mum wouldn't cope I were to leave her by herself, apparently. Which is a bit rich, since all she does is boss me around and speak to me like I'm a child. I mean, she treats my older sisters with more respect.

Plus, when she went to visit one of my sister's over in Ireland, I was a lot happier on my own. Not being constantly talked down to, contradicted and bossed around all the time.

I'm self conscious about my voice ever since someone who is family member's friend pointed it out how it sounds "terrible". Then my family member said I should try to change it in order to get a job.

That's a bit rude, like. Sorry to hear that.

Why do they think everything you say meant to be a joke because of your Scottish accent?

Because my monotone voice is so matter of fact at times, that it's hilariously funny. :eek:h:

You know you can respond without me being online for chat messages. I'll send you a chat message okay?

Okay. :thumbup:

Marc7

Yeah, there's programs and charities for that. Don't know how well supported they are in my area though. :idontknow:

Charities as in giving money for a cause? You should check it out.

Well, kinda. My mum tend to bulk food in bulk because of her hoarding habit. And keep telling her we'll need to throw most of it out. But she can't be bothered. So I end having to do it, myself.

Oh, and she won't let me clear out the stack of old music magazines in my room for some reason. Despite me not really want 'em anymore. But apparently it's nice to be sentiment and not part with somethings, or she said words to that affect.

That's messed up. No offense but did she get help for hoarding?

Maybe try being assertive with her, but on other hand I know it hard for me to be assertive with sad and possible avpd.

Two reasons...

• Because my family hate how I keep to myself a lotta the time, and don't tell 'em stuff - they feel left out.

• And they like to use these moment where I give them a bit of credit - despite, say me contributing most of the money to buy that new guitar for myself - so they can use it against me and say I'm ungrateful whenever I refuse their help or criticise them.

Wow, why do they use you giving them credit against you?

I was born with cerebral palsy. Meaning my mobility is affected, and I've got a slight learn disability as a result of my disability

What is cerebral palsy?

Because I'm the "man of the house". So I'm responsible caring for my mum, now in her old age, lies with me. But then I'm always putting my family's happiness ahead of my own. Since I always get labelled selfish for doing what makes me happy.

And my mum wouldn't cope I were to leave her by herself, apparently. Which is a bit rich, since all she does is boss me around and speak to me like I'm a child. I mean, she treats my older sisters with more respect.

Plus, when she went to visit one of my sister's over in Ireland, I was a lot happier on my own. Not being constantly talked down to, contradicted and bossed around all the time.

What do you mean it is a bit rich?

Why does she treat you with less respect?

Going back to being assertive, you should tell her how you feel maybe if you can I know it is hard.

That's a bit rude, like. Sorry to hear that.

Well my family member's friend didn't say it to me directly but to my family member and then my family member told me that. Yea it was kind of mean but I know I have to change my voice I don't want to be self conscious.

Because my monotone voice is so matter of fact at times, that it's hilariously funny.

Okay. :thumbup:

What do you mean by matter of fact at times? So you think it is funny too?

Okay I sent a chat message.

Last edited:
Freaked out.
For the first time in this site, I just had an advertisement for something in the little freaking town I live in! wtf! :eek:

I have only ever had general advertisements for dating websites, life insurance, general anxiety products etc. show up when in this site, but never an advertisement for a specific city or town in my country.

The first specific advertisement that shows up in this site for me relating to a town/city in my country - in the 7 years I have been in this site - is for something in the little town where I live.
I have always kept my private details off any websites, so I find this very scary. :sad:

Services can figure out which internet provider you use, and which town it's coming from. Try this link to see how accurate it is (it'll also show you what information advertisers will have without you disclosing anything; ) IP Tracker: Trace IP, Track IP Address, IP Tracking, Tracer, What is My IP, Find IP Address

One way to prevent that is VPN services, that will mask your location and activity. It's as close to privacy as you'll get on the internet. I'll often use it for things like banking and tax stuff.

Services can figure out which internet provider you use, and which town it's coming from. Try this link to see how accurate it is (it'll also show you what information advertisers will have without you disclosing anything; ) IP Tracker: Trace IP, Track IP Address, IP Tracking, Tracer, What is My IP, Find IP Address

One way to prevent that is VPN services, that will mask your location and activity. It's as close to privacy as you'll get on the internet. I'll often use it for things like banking and tax stuff.
Thank you for this, Puma. :)

Anger can be good sometimes. It can give you the confidence you normally don't have to go off the bureaucratic-B#ll$h*t-pre-laid-compulsory-train-track-lines the out-of-touch-with-normal-people-elite-folk have laid for everyone.

I did this today! :thumbup:

Although, I will prolly go back onto the track tomorrow. lol :blushing: :eek:mg:

I swear I must be the only Christian on this entire forum...this is insulting you know that?
Yeah, i didn't think of that when i posted .. sorry no offense intended.

Personally, i've given up on all religions, and most new-age stuff as well. So i guess that makes me an atheist.

Last edited:

Hot_Tamale

@Hand
@Megaten

It's all good, I respect everyone's belief's. I know what you meant to post wasn't a personal attack so it's okay, I should only get angry if it's directed towards me or something actually.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
:idontknow: Guess I've been feeling quite depressed and kinda numb, lately.

Wish my family would stop praising me in how much my walking has improved since putting myself through that surgery. Yeah, it's great and all, but ah don't like how much attention they keep putting on it.

But my walking seems to be the only thing that's improved in my life in the last few months, sadly. :sad: