How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
It must be great when things are going well for ye in life... It's a shame mine isn't like that. :sad: :kickingmyself:

Louco

I almost walked to the front gate of my house yesterday without the use of my crutches. :eek:

Didnae feel quite brave enough, though. But with a bit of confidence I'll probably achieve it, given that it was my main goal to rely less upon my crutches over time. At least it's summit to tell my consultant surgeon next month.

Though, that said, I finally know why my family get so exhausted walking long distances...
Ma lower back is in agony fae walking so much. :bigsmile:
Still, to put that in perspective, the strain on my back was far worse before my operation.

Awesome mate, keep it up. :D

Megaten

If nothing changes, then nothing changes. And since nothing really changes, the result is that nothing changes.

My problem is dealing with the disappointment of it all. I traded old issues for new ones. And I dont feel like I have anyone to talk to about things because everyone has their own problems.

I feel horrible. I have a cold, my body hurts, my head feels stuffy, and I'm hungry.
^ Hope you start to feel better soon, node.
Hot-Honey-Lemon-Tea.jpg

The angrier I am made, the less I really care. ::(:

defiance

Dont believe the voice you hear inside that tells you things will change. Because they never really do. Not really.

That voice was called hope once upon a time for me. Now the only voice I hear is "do it, kill yourself you know it's the only way to truly be free of this misery." :sad:

Megaten

That voice was called hope once upon a time for me. Now the only voice I hear is "do it, kill yourself you know it's the only way to truly be free of this misery." :sad:

I wouldn't listen to me or that voice. I was feeling down and being incredibly short sighted and pessimistic. If I'm totally honest with myself, life has improved. My expectations are the problem. I believed I could totally rid myself of anxiety or any kind of depression. But I'm not always depressed or anxious anymore, but to expect myself to never again have problems with my moods is probably unrealistic. First of all, i'd have to be some kinda robot that doesn't feel anything. Having bad feelings is just as essential to being human as having good feelings. But when we get down like that, all we can see is the bad stuff and it seems like there's no end to it. But nothing lasts forever, it just can't. We just have to be able to weather the storm of bad feelings until we get to the good ones again.

Still feeling bad about "blowing a fuse" with sby today (I allowed my Mr Hyde to temporarily surface). He was "attacking" me again & again, and there was only so much i could take. So that "friendship" of 2 years has now finished, just like that, no going back. I think it's affecting me a fair bit as i see very few people on a regular basis, he being one of the few. But hey, sh*t happens eh? And it might even be good for me, who knows??

Graeme1988

Awesome mate, keep it up. :D

Cheers! :thumbup: Ah try to, it's just my family are overly concerned with me losing my balance and falling still. :giggle: Which is ironic, irritating and quite amusing. Since I was more prone to my legs buckling under before January 2016.

Ironic because ah spend most o' ma time starting at my feet while walking, anuway. Irritating because it shows how they still see me as a child. And amusing because they seem more worried that I take tumble now compared to before, when just standing risked my legs going under me. :idontknow:

Graeme1988

Not sure I've got long left in this world, really. :sad: Sorry if that seems depressing, but it's just how ah feel. Like, mentally I'm gettin' slower, not that I was the sharpest minded to begin with. I'll probably have dementia within the next 10 year at the rate I'm forgettin' things. :sad:

As well as all the shite I have to remember, which might no seem like much, but it adds when ye huv tae be aware o' how yer walkin' everyday.

Physically, I might as well make the most o' it cuz that'll go at some point, too.

defiance

Now I have a new issue to deal with. I keep fearing that I am going to outlive my parents. This is seriously scaring the s**t out of me and I can't get over it. It's been about 2 weeks now that this started happening. As if I didn't have enough on my plate and now this.:kickingmyself:

Now I have a new issue to deal with. I keep fearing that I am going to outlive my parents. This is seriously scaring the s**t out of me and I can't get over it. It's been about 2 weeks now that this started happening. As if I didn't have enough on my plate and now this.:kickingmyself:
Whenever such thoughts bother me, I try to remind myself that no problems exist in the present moment, only in the past and future.

defiance

Is it just me, or does life get harder as you get older? Sometimes the boredom is beyond words, and it's every day, and it never improves.

I feel the same way in that life gets more difficult as you age. I think this may have a lot to do with the old saying that ignorance is bliss. When we are young, we are not really that aware of what the world can truly be like but as we age and we take in more knowledge and gain more life experience, we see it in a light that may not be so pleasant. At least this is the way I have always thought of it.