How are you feeling?

State_Of_Trance

A little bit lost now. A little bit lonely. A little bit cold here. A little bit of fear. But I hold on and I feel strong and I know that I can.

GraybeardGhost

Depressed, oppressed, and paranoid. I have a strong feeling that my evil gangster landlords are going to have my car towed today, even though I've notified them that it is now properly registered and 100% legal. If they do, there's not a thing I can do about it right now, as I'm far too messed up to leave the house. If they don't, I'll be very surprised. Living in constant fear like this is really exhausting.

defiance

Another fight broke out between me and the man I am biologically related to. My poor mother overheard it and was saddened by it to the point where she was almost in tears. The thing is he started it AS HE ALWAYS DOES. My house right now is in chaos. What should I do .............. should I just kill myself tonight? Should I wait it out and hope it just disappears as I always do when this happens? This time it is so much worse than before and it has, once again, elevated my anxiety,depression, and suicidal mood to an all time high. Just when I think I have hit the sealing as to how bad my emotions can get.......I find out it can get worse. Can someone give me some advice? What should I do because ignoring this f**ker doesn't work.

All i can suggest is what i do after people events - have a quick can or two of beer. It'll calm your nerves, quieten your mind, amongst other things.

Another fight broke out between me and the man I am biologically related to. My poor mother overheard it and was saddened by it to the point where she was almost in tears. The thing is he started it AS HE ALWAYS DOES. My house right now is in chaos. What should I do .............. should I just kill myself tonight? Should I wait it out and hope it just disappears as I always do when this happens? This time it is so much worse than before and it has, once again, elevated my anxiety,depression, and suicidal mood to an all time high. Just when I think I have hit the sealing as to how bad my emotions can get.......I find out it can get worse. Can someone give me some advice? What should I do because ignoring this f**ker doesn't work.
Sorry to read you have to put up with severe fighting from a family member, defiance. That would magnify everything you are already dealing with. :sad:

I can relate to what you said about it being the worst it has been when you thought it could not get any worse for your emotions to have to deal with. I hope in your situation you find that you can actually still hang on through it, even if you have to maybe find a different way to deal with the "new" high level you talk about.

Are you able to move out of the same housing as this family member at the moment, or is that not possible due to certain barriers that exist in your life right now?

Do you have any other relatives, older siblings, uncle/aunt, grandparents that you could go and stay with for a while for some relief from the fighting?

Megaten

Since I still live at home Ive gotten into some pretty childish arguments with both of my parents. Especially my dad since he can be pretty insensitive and petty. The best way I deal with them now is by recognizing that they dont know everything. They like to think they do because they're our parents, but they are just as flawed as everyone else. So with that in mind you can learn to not let them get under your skin as easily or feel like youve failed them somehow.

defiance

All i can suggest is what i do after people events - have a quick can or two of beer. It'll calm your nerves, quieten your mind, amongst other things.

I have been doing this more and more with time and I don't think i'll stop anytime soon. I'm not an alcoholic by any means but honestly over time you never know. Anything to relieve the pain I guess:sad:

defiance

Sorry to read you have to put up with severe fighting from a family member, defiance. That would magnify everything you are already dealing with. :sad:

I can relate to what you said about it being the worst it has been when you thought it could not get any worse for your emotions to have to deal with. I hope in your situation you find that you can actually still hang on through it, even if you have to maybe find a different way to deal with the "new" high level you talk about.

Are you able to move out of the same housing as this family member at the moment, or is that not possible due to certain barriers that exist in your life right now?

Do you have any other relatives, older siblings, uncle/aunt, grandparents that you could go and stay with for a while for some relief from the fighting?

Well to be honest due to my issues I cannot survive on my own and moving with other family would make me really anxious as anxiety is something that I struggle with as well. Mentally speaking if I had to put an age on it I would say I'm 11 maybe 12. I just cannot function by myself or in a surrounding that isn't my own home. I am just stuck in this situation for now I guess. I need to learn to ignore it more than anything like I once used to. I hate that I have to be in this situation to begin with because it brings out a side of you that you know isn't you.

Last edited:

defiance

Since I still live at home Ive gotten into some pretty childish arguments with both of my parents. Especially my dad since he can be pretty insensitive and petty. The best way I deal with them now is by recognizing that they dont know everything. They like to think they do because they're our parents, but they are just as flawed as everyone else. So with that in mind you can learn to not let them get under your skin as easily or feel like youve failed them somehow.

Yeah I hear you. I need to go back to not letting what he says get to me. The thing is he has his good moments too. However, when he has his bad moments it irritates me and I cannot stay silent anymore. Maybe too much buildup is the cause of me not being able to handle it the way I used to. However I am going to make my best efforts to go back to ignoring it. As if battling the urge to kill myself wasn't enough right?

I have been doing this more and more with time and I don't think i'll stop anytime soon. I'm not an alcoholic by any means but honestly over time you never know. Anything to relieve the pain I guess:sad:
I've never been a real alcohol (imho), but i've found that really only alcohol has pacified me in my times of need .. nothing else has worked at all when my mind & feelings are going "nuts", so i've used alcohol for that purpose.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

Everytime I read yer posts about how yer family treat you, it reminds me of my own in many ways. :sad:

If ah wus in your situation - I'd move out. Seriously, ah wouldnae put up with that. And my family are just as difficult to live with. Having caused me a great deal anxiety, stress; and physical and mental pain over the years.

But don't kill yersel' over yer family are giving ya grief, as tempting as that might sound. And you said you can't cope by yersel'? Well, I thought the exact same thing when ma mum went to visit my older sister and my niece in Ireland for a few weeks last year n' the year before that.

And I managed on my own for the most part, with my oldest sister helping out where it was needed. Happiest time of ma life, outside of the times when I'm away from the town I grew up and still live in.

Trust me, if you can learn to cope and take care o' yersel', you'll be much happier on yer own. If nothing else, ya deserve to be happy.

defiance

Everytime I read yer posts about how yer family treat you, it reminds me of my own in many ways. :sad:

If ah wus in your situation - I'd move out. Seriously, ah wouldnae put up with that. And my family are just as difficult to live with. Having caused me a great deal anxiety, stress; and physical and mental pain over the years.

But don't kill yersel' over yer family are giving ya grief, as tempting as that might sound. And you said you can't cope by yersel'? Well, I thought the exact same thing when ma mum went to visit my older sister and my niece in Ireland for a few weeks last year n' the year before that.

And I managed on my own for the most part, with my oldest sister helping out where it was needed. Happiest time of ma life, outside of the times when I'm away from the town I grew up and still live in.

Trust me, if you can learn to cope and take care o' yersel', you'll be much happier on yer own. If nothing else, ya deserve to be happy.

I agree with everything you said. My Mom is great and she is not the problem...........it's that other guy that lives here who is the problem. I swear she would have been sooooo much happier if she never married him. I just know it. She deserved someone just as great as she is. My friend the only problem with me being on my own is that I literally have no idea how the world works. My issues have kept me from growing mentally and whenever I have to encounter something I don't know my anxiety goes through the roof. But hypothetically if I was able to move out and be on my own, I'd be happy in one instance because I'd be away from that f**ker, but on the other hand I would still be sad because I had to leave my Mom with that *******. So unfortunately there is no winning in this situation for me. Not until I fix myself first the best I can. It needs to start there and I am trying but reversing years of suffering unfortunately will take time. On a side note I really do wish your family would start treating you with the respect and dignity you deserve.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I agree with everything you said. My Mom is great and she is not the problem...........it's that other guy that lives here who is the problem. I swear she would have been sooooo much happier if she never married him. I just know it. She deserved someone just as great as she is.

Aye, my dad wus the same - a right c%×*! Though, I only known my dad from age 15 til ah wus in ma early 20s. So, don't huv an memory of him beyond that. Except stories ah wus telt afore meeting him, which are likely true. Didnae so don't really know. He was quite pushy with me.

Sadly, my mum projected a lotta my dad's faults onto me, which just made the "Like father, like son" cliché true. More so because ah look just like ma dad.

I just hope your mum hasn't done the same to you. Because that sure does mess ya up. Not that she has, going by what you said about her.

My friend the only problem with me being on my own is that I literally have no idea how the world works. My issues have kept me from growing mentally and whenever I have to encounter something I don't know my anxiety goes through the roof.

I can kinda relate, in that always feeling outta yer depth. But ah kinda huv to just get on, regardless. Since ma mum and 2 older sisters tend to gawk at me when I ask a question, or ask for their help. And seem to believe I'm incapable of taking care of myself. Because all disabled folk are like that, aren't they? :question:

But hypothetically if I was able to move out and be on my own, I'd be happy in one instance because I'd be away from that f**ker, but on the other hand I would still be sad because I had to leave my Mom with that *******. So unfortunately there is no winning in this situation for me. Not until I fix myself first the best I can. It needs to start there and I am trying but reversing years of suffering unfortunately will take time.

Sorry tae hear that. Certainly doesn't sound like the best place to be. Can't you and yer mum move out, and get away from yer dad? Because neither of yous sound happy, just sayin'.

On a side note I really do wish your family would start treating you with the respect and dignity you deserve.

Ha! If only... Personally ah believe ma family's digity and respect for me f**ked off when my mum sided with my oldest sister in argument over a joke. Apparently I was overreacting and in the wrong for demanding an apology for being compared to racist stereotype by my sister more than once. :kickingmyself: :idontknow:

And they still treat me like I'm just a kid, rather an adult. Don't see that changing anytime soon, like. Christ! They don't even listen to me when I give them advice. Yet, I'm the "smart one". Well thought of, etc.

defiance

Well Graeme all I can say is that hopefully we will figure it out sooner rather than later and therefore be able to move on with our lives, happily of course. I mean if I can't fix myself in the next couple of years well then ill probably pull the plug on this whole living thing. If I had no one who cared for me, I would have done it years ago but because it will hurt too many people I can't do it..........just yet that is.