How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
A wee bit confused. Well, mair than confused - f#%*in' bewildered, frankly.

Ma sister keeps haverin' oan aboot how ah jist need tae build ma confidence. Whit confidence?! Ah huv'nae bliddy got any! But if ah did though, ah wouldnae be tha indecisive, dour-faced, ill-at-ease, self-doubtin', socially inept f#%*-nugget I am now. And ah'd be summit ah huv'nae bin in years - happy!

Argentum

WHY. ****ING WHY.

Do I act like I'm a toy for people to push around? Do I act like my feelings don't deserve respect? Like it's okay to twist my arm just to drive home a point?

I'm reminded why trying to make contact with life outside cats and plants is so rare. There is no selection method or criteria that can spare me cruelty.

Graeme1988

Like a social doofus

WHY. ****ING WHY.

Do I act like I'm a toy for people to push around? Do I act like my feelings don't deserve respect? Like it's okay to twist my arm just to drive home a point?

I'm reminded why trying to make contact with life outside cats and plants is so rare. There is no selection method or criteria that can spare me cruelty.

This is how ah've been feelin' as well, lately.

Graeme1988

Ah need tae pluck up tha courage an' confidence tae git masel' tae f#*% outta ma house for good afore ah turn 30. Nae way am livin' with ma mum much longer, if she's constantly gonnae project a tsumani uh negative energy an' toxic f*#%in' scorn ontae me.

I should have left this earth when I had the chance. But I blew it, like everything else.
Totally getting sick of trying to survive each tsunami. The anticipation of it is almost as bad as the almost drowning bit.

Graeme1988

I should have left this earth when I had the chance. But I blew it, like everything else.
Totally getting sick of trying to survive each tsunami. The anticipation of it is almost as bad as the almost drowning bit.

Aye, me too. Ah should've kilt masel' 10 years ago, instead uh being talkin' intae hingin' aroon an' feelin' miserable.

Kiwong

Ten months ago I hade new orthotics made up, my old ones had disintegrated. I have had injury troubles ever since. Firstly my ankle was sore, so I went back to the podiatrist, it turned out the guy had put in a toe insert. I had that removed and the ankle pain went away.

So the last few months I have had this growing medial knee pain when I run, to the point I have had to stop running almost altogether. I have taped my knee, I have tried different shoes, tonight I ditched the new orthotics, and put in an old pair that worked for me. The knee pain is instantly gone. I looked at the new ones and they have a medial cutaway, the old ones don't. I need medial support.

It really annoys me that I went to go back to a podiatrist to get the same set up that has worked for me. Not to try to fix wasn't even broken. Unfortunately my previous podiatrist had sold the practice.

This new podiatrist has given me an expensive pair of orthotics with modifications that have caused me pain all year, and made my anxiety go through the roof, because I thought I might be losing running from my life again. I am so annoyed!

Running is one of the few things that has helped me keep some sanity, and a reason to keep trying and living.

Last edited:

AlienGeranium

Fail. Try again. Fail. Try again. Fail. Try again.

It's my whole life.

In everything.

Nothing ever comes easy.

I think life is easier when you stop at the "fail" and just never try. Life being hard means you're working on accomplishing the things you want and striving for things in life that would make it good. It'll all be worth it in the end :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Ten months ago I hade new orthotics made up, my old ones had disintegrated. I have had injury troubles ever since. Firstly my ankle was sore, so I went back to the podiatrist, it turned out the guy had put in a toe insert. I had that removed and the ankle pain went away.

So the last few months I have had this growing medial knee pain when I run, to the point I have had to stop running almost altogether. I have taped my knee, I have tried different shoes, tonight I ditched the new orthotics, and put in an old pair that worked for me. The knee pain is instantly gone. I looked at the new ones and they have a medial cutaway, the old ones don't. I need medial support.

It really annoys me that I went to go back to a podiatrist to get the same set up that has worked for me. Not to try to fix wasn't even broken. Unfortunately my previous podiatrist had sold the practice.

This new podiatrist has given me an expensive pair of orthotics with modifications that have caused me pain all year, and made my anxiety go through the roof, because I thought I might be losing running from my life again. I am so annoyed!

Running is one of the few things that has helped me keep some sanity, and a reason to keep trying and living.

I hate people who plow through your thoughts and objections and then just try to lay their agenda or regimentation on you.

Hopefully your situation will improve, and your new doctor will give you some credit for knowing your own body! Don't mind speaking up, running gives you a lot of joy.

^__^

Had some anxiety-provoking stuff to deal with today and I think it went well!

I REALLY WANT THIS JOB. I don't feel I can wait until next week to know if I got it, but I have to.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've go a bad toothache, but the pain comes and goes.

When it moves in, it's agony, even the Anbesol doesn't do much for it. I ended up sleeping most of the day between the occurrences, it was a rough one. I'm afraid that there's no way back from this point and that I'm going to have to see a dentist.

I wonder how long my anxiety will keep me away, "Pain Vs Phobia"... should be interesting.