How are you feeling?

Happy I have this amazingly delicious cup of green tea from work. I'd been sticking to the jasmine green because - well, it's jasmine, and the "regular" green sounded boring. When I finally tried the other kind today, I was blown away. It tastes just like matcha, but less intense in flavor and without the powdery feel. Just all smooth, mellow, vegetal green goodness. I'm hooked. Maybe that's what green tea is supposed to always taste like, but I've had other green teas and they didn't come close. I know there are many different varieties, too, and the regions they come from and cultivation and quality make a big difference.

I can wax poetic about tea all day. Or anything, for that matter :rolleyes:

Not happy I have intense cramming to do before my scary midterm tomorrow... but I have faith!

dottie

giphy.gif

Earthcircle

I'm depressed at the thought that, as a 49 year old man -- and also a gay man, for what it's worth -- that I'm just as frightened at the thought of going to a bar as I was when I was a teenager.

emptybench

If this one didn't work out, then he wasn't the one. You have to keep positive and realize that if he was the one, he wouldn't have gotten scared off. Feel better soon and try not to let yourself limit life's possibilities :)

Thanks Lavinia. I'm a bit better. But it seems that if I don't improve my self esteem nobody will be the one :question:

emptybench

I'm depressed at the thought that, as a 49 year old man -- and also a gay man, for what it's worth -- that I'm just as frightened at the thought of going to a bar as I was when I was a teenager.

Know that feeling... It seems we are stuck and not improving :sad: My solution is to break things into the smallest steps I can, so that I'm (almost) always improving a little bit

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

Earthcircle, while I'm not trying to pry into your personal life, why do you want to go to bars if they make you feel distressed?
To hook up?(you don't need to actually answer that lol) To just meet new people?

There are so many better places to meet new people than in bars.
Even if you do drink socially, there are better settings to meet new people with a couple of drinks. Don't like bars?
My answer - don't go. :)

nodejesque

Earthcircle, while I'm not trying to pry into your personal life, why do you want to go to bars if they make you feel distressed?
To hook up?(you don't need to actually answer that lol) To just meet new people?

There are so many better places to meet new people than in bars.
Even if you do drink socially, there are better settings to meet new people with a couple of drinks. Don't like bars?
My answer - don't go. :)

I absolutely agree:)

springk

Today is the day when I joined spw in 2010. Four years..and I have gone through my share of experience. This place has offered me some good friends, though there some bful people who are no longer in contact. I miss them but I know everyone moves on, we leave some people behind. Spw has been a place where I turned to some solace in past. I spent an awful amount of time here when I was much addicted to internet. Its been a good place to be in with all the amazing people in here.

PugofCrydee

Today is the day when I joined spw in 2010. Four years..and I have gone through my share of experience. This place has offered me some good friends, though there some bful people who are no longer in contact. I miss them but I know everyone moves on, we leave some people behind. Spw has been a place where I turned to some solace in past. I spent an awful amount of time here when I was much addicted to internet. Its been a good place to be in with all the amazing people in here.

Happy joining SPW day Springk! :brindis:

Kiwong

Happy anniversary, Springk, you joined not long after me. I hope life has brought you some good experiences, amongst the bad.

PugofCrydee

Like my love for things is once again having the life crushed out of it by the weight of the black cloud that's in my heart.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah should be happy, excited an' overjoyed at the mere thought o' finally seein' Billy Connolly performing live in Glasgow the 'morrow night, but... Ah've bin feelin' awfy depressed lately. Mair than usual. :sad:

JuiceB

Three weeks ago I pulled my trapezuis muscle and I've been in absolute misery ever since. Normally a muscle pull will heal in 4 or 5 days but this sucker must be special.